- Thirty years of experience in domestic & international pharmaceutical research, development and general management of a broad range of ethical and OTC parmaceutical products and technology.
- Strong goal orientation, effective communication skills, proven track record, and bottom-line accountability.
- Significant contributions to business-wide strategic goal setting, improvement processes, outsourcing, and vendor selection.
- Strategic Advisory Board Member - Vel-Quest Corp, a pharmaceutical technology/compliance firm.
- Guest Lecturer at Several Universities: "The Drug Creation Process."
Vice President, R&D Operations, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Wilmington, DE
- Led or participated in international senior management integration teams establishing R&D organization structure and operational procedures for the new AstraZeneca organization.
Vice President, R&D Operations
- Led the establishment of international, pan-Development processes and practices to ensure the effective operation of the Development function. Included under this broad responsibility were:
- Establishing and managing an international strategic outsourcing program
- Developing an international R&D intranet as part of a comprehensive communication program
- Project managing the implementation of a new Development strategy
- Leading a comprehensive strategic and tactical initiative in R&D space management at Wilmington Site..
Vice President Head, International Pharmaceutical-Development Group
- Directed worldwide pharmaceutical development and technology.
- Major areas of management oversight include formulation, analytical and microbiological development, clinical supply manufacture, packaging and dispensing, technology transfer to operations/quality control, R&D compliance and regulatory documentation.
- Also responsible for the administrative aspects of the kinetics and metabolism department.
Special Assignment, Strategic Business Analysis
- R&D representative, joined four other senior management staff to participate full-time on a strategic analysis team charged with the responsibility of analyzing current company strengths and weaknesses, evaluating external competitive and managed care factors and proposing strategic options aimed at enhancing the long-term growth and success of the U.S. Zeneca pharmaceuticals business.
Zeneca (ICI) Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Wilmington, DE
Vice President, Pharmaceutical Research & Development
- Directed and managed a U.S. based pharmaceutical development function of 155 scientists (50 Ph.D.s) and support staff providing domestic and international support for the development of Zeneca's pharmaceutical products.
Stuart Pharmaceuticals (Div. of ICI Pharmaceuticals)
Director, Pharmaceutical Dev. Dept.
Assistant Director/Manager, Pharmaceutical Dev. Dept
McNeil Laboratories, Fort Washington, PA
Group Leader and Head
Pharmaceutical Dosage Form Pilot Plant (Responsible for a broad range of OTC and prescription product development,Recommended for the prestigious Johnson Medal, a J&J corporate achievement award.)
CIBA Pharmaceuticals, Summit, NJ.
Senior Formulation Pharmacist
Honors & Publications
- Registered pharmacist in Illinois and Pennsylvania
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (PhRMA)
- Drug Information Association
- American Diabetes Association, Board Member
- Habitat for Humanity, Board Member
- INSEAD, Management of People Program
- Ph.D., Pharmaceutical Sciences, Purdue University
- M. S., Pharmaceutical Sciences, Purdue University
- B.S., Pharmacy, University of Illinois