- Extensive research experience in solving fundamental and applied chemical problems.
- DNA surfactant interactions.
- Time tested skill in scientific and technical writing and in editing scientific works.
- Development of sterilization indicators, and reactive inks.
- Dispersion of pigments in solvents by surfactant and polymeric dispersants, and formulation of printing inks.
- Behavior of surfactants and polymers in solution and at interfaces with a special reference to adsorption at a solid/liquid and liquid/air interfaces.
- Polymer-surfactant interaction (biopolymers, DNA and polymeric membranes, Nafion® with various classes of surfactants and organic molecules).
- Spectroscopy at interfaces and homogeneous media (FTIR, NMR, ESR, raman, fluorescence, UV/Vis, second harmonic generation, reflectance, etc.)
- Synthesis and characterization of special polymers such as polydeuteromethylene and polyoxymethylene.
- Synthesis, purification, and characterization of laser dyes of the styryl, stilbene and coumarin groups.
- Photo-and radiation chemistry of organic compounds.
- Chromatography: GC, HPLC, TLC; extensive experience.
- Familiarity with many analytical tools in the course of research and industrial works.
- Computer: Word processing and allied program skills and general awareness.
Independent Consultant, 2000 - Present
- Adjunct Professor for senior undergraduates developing and providing courses at a local New York university in: Microhetergeneous Systems; Surfactants/Surfactant Systems, Biotechnology, Surfactants in Biology, Nanotechnology/Surfactant Systems, and Molecular Modeling /Surfactant Systems.
- Identification, synthesis, and testing of potential third generation immersion fluids for nanophotolithography to aid advanced computer chip manufacturing.
- Systems studied included surfactants, zeolites, perhydrogenated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, cryptands, and crown ethers.
Yeshiva University, New York, Professor, 2000 - 2004
- Developed: Chemistry and Biology of Surfactants (Lecture and Laboratory). This course designed for senior undergraduates, served as an introduction to microhetergeneous systems such as surfactants, biotechnology with and in surfactant systems, surfactants in biology, nanotechnology with surfactant systems, molecular modeling basics in surfactant systems, aside from the more well-known physical and synthetic chemistry aspects of surfactants in solution and at interfaces.
- The laboratory component of the course included experiments to look at micelles with dynamic light scattering, aggregation behavior of surfactants with fluorescence spectroscopy, influence of salt and solvent on the critical micellar concentration, adsorption of surfactants at interfaces.
- In addition, taught general chemistry and analytical chemistry laboratory segments.
Propper M.C. Inc., New York, Research Chemist, 1999 - 2000
- Development of special inks for sterilization and medical industry; advising customers on technical matters; contributing technical articles; laboratory management, etc.
Polytex Environmental Inks, New York, Chemist, 1997 - 1999
- Development of flexo, screen and gravure inks; pigment dispersions; contributing technical articles, etc.
Columbia University, NY, Chemistry Department- Engineering and Applied Science, 1987 - 1996
Associate Research Scientist and Post-Doctoral, 1994 - 1996
Research Scientist, 1987 - 1989
- Conducting research on colloids, surfactants, polymers, adsorption, etc., using classical and spectroscopic tools; supervising students, etc.
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, India, Senior Scientific Officer, 1974 - 1994
- For the Chemistry Division conducting research, fundamental and applied, in radiation chemistry, photochemistry, organic synthesis, laser dyes, membranes, surfactants, polymers, and DNA.
Start Tutorial College, Trichur, India, Chemistry Lecturer, 1972 - 1974
- Testing organic, inorganic and physical chemistry in undergraduate classes - theory and practice.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- The New York Academy of Sciences, U.S.A.
- Sigma-Xi, the Scientific Research Society, U.S.A
- Association for Surface Science and Technology, India
- Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation, U.S.A.
- American Chemical Society
- International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England, Deputy General Director
- American Biographical Institute, Inc., U.S.A., Research Board of Advisors
- Outstanding Scientists of the 20th Century, International Biographical Center
- World Leaders of Influence, American Biographical Institute
- Outstanding Intellectuals of the 20th Century, International Biographical Center
- About 75 publications in journals, books, and conference Proceedings in the form of research papers, review articles, general articles, book chapters, book reviews, etc. comprising the areas of surfactants, polymers, surface science, photochemistry, radiation chemistry, organic synthesis, ink chemistry and sterilization science.
- D.Sc. Physical Chemistry - Surfactants, University of Bombay, India
- Ph.D. Organic Photochemistry, University of Bombay, India
- M.Sc. Chemistry, University of Calicut, India
- B.Sc. Special Chemistry, University of Kerala, India