Commercial and Industrial Telephone Specialist
Technical Consultant #805
- Commercial and industrial telephone specialist.
- Installation and operations of Key, PBX and voice mail telephone systems.
- Definition of subscriber communication needs and equipment requirements.
- Marketing to the telecommunications industry.
- Marketing research on telephone usage.
- Telecommunications specialist focused in sales and customer service.
Undisclosed Company, Telephone Communication Consultant, 1995 - Present
- Supervise sub-contract work for component assembly in conjunction with cable TV rebuild.
- Contact commercial and industrial telephone company subscribers to define communication problems and needs.
- Promote use of telephone services, utilizing knowledge of marketing conditions, contracts, sales methods and communications services and equipment.
- Execute daily operations of installation of Key, PBX and voice mail.
- Definition of communication needs of subscriber to obtain information and equipment requested.
- Review subscriber accounts to determine and evaluate utilization of communication services.
- Represented company at Chamber of Commerce functions.
Undisclosed Company, Owner and Consultant - Telephone Communications, 1994 - Present
- Market wireless services - cellular and paging.
- Conduct marketing research and consult for commercial and industrial customers with regard to their local telephone service needs.
- Perform duties as Authorized Sales Representative (ASR) for Bell South and AT&T.
- Work as Authorized Sales Representative (ASR) for Quest Communications for long distance service.
Quality Telephone Services, Sales Representative, 1989 - 1993
- Sold telephone services to business accounts.
- Executed daily operations of advertising and promotion.
- Analyzed communication needs of business establishments using knowledge of type of business, available telephone equipment and traffic studies.
- Recommended services such as additional telephone instruments and lines, key telephone systems, and private branch exchanges - PBX.
- Quoted rates for equipment and wrote up orders.
- Explained equipment use with brochures and demonstration equipment.
- Contract agent for Metrocall - voicemail and paging.
- Contract agent for GTE Wireless and long distance agent for Sprint Communications.
Southern Bell Telephone, Sales, 1978 - 1988
- Handled billing discrepancies, processed facility requests, and automated service request for commercial customers and long distance carriers.
- Explained service usage.
- Quoted rates for service and wrote up orders.
Honors & Publications
- Financial Management Program, University of North Carolina, Asheville, NC
- UNCA Alumni Association, University Foundation Board of Directors
- Human Resources Development Certificate, Haywood Community College, Clyde, NC
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Hurricane Hugo Relief Effort - Charlotte, NC
- Member American Management Association
- Telecom Agents Group
- University Foundation Board of Directors, Member
- Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities
- UNCC Alumni Association
- UNCA Alumni Association
- B.A. Business Administration University of North Carolina Charlotte, NC