Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) Applications:
- Spectroscopy testing and certification of pharmacological, food, and cosmetic raw materials, API, and products.
- Investigations of polymer and crystal medical implants.
- Spectroscopic investigations and certification of biocompatible polymer and crystalline implants.
- Development of laser-spectroscopic methods of analysis of metalloproteins (systems metal ligand) in cells.
- Spectroscopic studies and interpretation of mono layers of cells and tissue before and after laser influence by methods of vibrational spectroscopy.
- Vibrational spectroscopy of nanostructures and nanomaterials.
- Micro-Raman analysis of carbon and polymer fibers.
- Investigations of new organic conjugated polymers by vibrational and femtosecond laser spectroscopy methods.
- Exiton-phonon interactions in nonlinear organic materials.
- Analysis of silicon-based thin films on the semiconductor and polymer surfaces for microelectronics.
- Spectroscopy of phase transitions and mesomorphous phases in crystals, liquid crystals, ferro electrics, and polymers.
- Symmetry and structure of crystals in the nearest vicinity of phase transitions.
Consultant, 1996,University of Nevada and University of Wisconsin
- Visiting Scientist
- Specialists and consultant on Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy FTIR.
- Application of new optical fiber technology to clinical use of FTIR.
Senior Research Assistant, Institute of Spectroscopy Russian Academy of Sciences, Troitsk, Moscow Region, Russia, 1989 - 1996
- Laboratory study of ultrafast processes and vibrational spectroscopy of molecules and biomolecules.
- Phase transition studies and solid state physics of crystals, liquid crystals, polymers, implants and modification of their surfaces.
- Studies of organic semiconductors, super hard materials, nanostructures, thin films and surface characteristics and modification.
- Spectral biomedical diagnostics of tissue and biological fluids.
Research Assistant, Institute of Spectroscopy Academy of Sciences, Troitsk, Moscow Region, Russia, 1986 - 1989
- Investigations of IR spectra and optical constants of polymer films; surface and guided polaritons in the polymer films.
- Studies of polymer implants (artificial crystalline lenses, cardiac valves.)
Junior Research Assistant, Institute of Spectroscopy Academy of Sciences,
Troitsk, Moscow Region, Russia, 1976 - 1986
- Application of FIR, Raman, Far IR and submillimeter spectroscopy to crystals, liquid crystals, semiconductors, polymers and phase transitions.
- Investigation of the phenomena "order- disorder" in the liquid crystals and ferro electrics in the vicinity of phase transitions.
Senior Engineer, Institute of Spectroscopy Academy of Sciences,Troitsk, Moscow Region, Russia, 1969 - 1978
- FTIR, low frequency RI (far IR) Raman spectroscopy of liquid crystals in the nearest vicinity of phase transitions in the internal of 1o.
- Low and high temperature phase transitions and phonon spectroscopy in the far IR.
- Investigations of symmetry and rebuilding of crystal lattice in the vicinity of the phase transitions. Studies of the crystallinity in the polymers in the far IR.
Honors & Publications
- Nearly 200 papers and publications, primarily on FTIR
- B. S., Physics, St. Petersburg State University
- M. S., Physics, St. Petersburg State University
- Ph.D., Physics/Mathematics Science, Institute Of Spectroscopy, Academy of Sciences USSR, Troitsk, Moscow Region