- Environmental regulatory compliance
- Laboratory waste management
- Environmental training and site audits
- Corporate health and safety management
1990 - Present Independent Consultant.
1988 - 1990 Compliance Services, Inc., Wayne, PA, Environmental Planner:
- Responsible for environmental training and consulting, site audits, corporate health and safety management, project planning, and new product development. Public relations related to environmental issues, technical investigations and specialized field activities.
1980 - 1988 Industrial Resource Development Company, Norristown, PA, Marketing Manager:
- Led marketing of full-service hazardous waste management company and several of subsidiaries. Work included consulting, training, writing, site audits and project management. Developed sales of specialized waste services including disposal of reactive and explosive wastes.
1979 - 1980 Phillip Morris Industrial, Milprint Division, Safety Manager/Production Coordinator
- Directed the overall safety program for this manufacturing plant of over 400 employees.
1977 - 1979 Chem Service, Inc., West Chester, PA, Production Manager:
- Supervised production for small manufacturing and repackaging chemical laboratory. Also safety management, inventory control, packaging, and new product development.
Honors & Publications
- American Chemical Society's Task Force on RCRA for eight years and served as chairman since 1986.
- Served as Chairman of the ACS Philadelphia Section's Chemical Health and Safety Committee; currently serve on the Board of Directors of the Philadelphia Section.
- Guest lectured at a number of colleges and universities.
- Testified in US Senate and House subcommittee hearings on RCRA issues.
- Testified before the Illinois Hazardous Waste Task Force on transportation issues.
- Co-author of Handbook of Hazardous Waste Management for Small Quantity Generators.
- B.A, College of Wooster, Wooster, Ohio
- Certified Environmental Trainer
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager