Electric Engineer executing detail design, engineering management, and project management in the energy and petrochemical industries. This includes petrochemical-oil refinery operations, EIC-Engineer, Charge Management overseeing; maintenance of petrochemical and oil refineries, fertilizer plants, CTL (Coal To Liquid), oil and gas commissioning, refinery oil and gas infrastructure, LNG (Liquid Natural Gas) and Coal Mining. CFSE - Certified Functional Safety Expert qualified exam writing and training.
- Contract management
- Change management
- Business development and analysis
- Management consulting: Technology implementation, construction management, project implementation, strategy development, strategic leadership, risk management, operational strategy, procurement, and maintenance management.
- Determined leadership style, pragmatic approach to problem solving – and huge depth of technical experience.
- Dedicated, proactive and highly experienced engineering practitioner, with extensive technical, project management and leadership expertise gained through senior executive positions within the construction, oil and energy industries on an international level.
- A goal-oriented and organized achiever committed to maintaining high standards and generating effective solutions facilitating the successful completion of large and complex projects within strict time and budgetary constraints. Accustomed to a global arena and a multi-cultural workplace; open-minded and receptive to new ideas and innovative approaches.
- A strong and supportive leader with a record of success who inspires by example and builds cohesive teams through motivation and the recognition and encouragement of potential.
- Articulate and outgoing, an accomplished communicator with excellent interpersonal skills who commands respect and credibility through breadth of knowledge and personal integrity.
- Senior experience and knowledge as a Project Manager and Engineering Manager successfully overseeing complex projects execution.
- Broad technical, administrative and financial experience.
- Superb communication skills with all stakeholders.
- Exceptional ability to develop and implement strategies.
- Determined and self-driven with good interpersonal skills.
- Analytical, with a disciplined and logical approach.
- Management style: commanding, logical, inspirational and supportive.
Independent Subject Matter Expert, Present
- Successfully commissioned and turnover management of complete refinery.
- Petrochemical refineries, (x2) which including CTL Plants, Implementing new DCS (Distributed Control System) and ESD (Electronic Service Delivery) systems.
- Successfully managed maintenance sections and teams on petrochemical refinery and fertilizer plants including: GCU (Gas Concentration Unit), FCCU (Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit), Merox , and Vacuum Plants
Areas of Service
- Field instrumentation to electronic
- Substation interlocks and control
- Compressors and controls
- Burner management systems
- Steam boilers
- Petrochemical (oil refineries)
- GCU (Gas Concentration Unit), FCCU (Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit), Merox, and vacuum plants.
- NH3 plant
- Material handling
- Producer gas plant
- LAN (Local Area Network) plant
- Successfully Engineer in the following roles: Senior Engineer, Principal Engineer, Project Engineer in petrochemical - CTL and fertilizer plants, fulfilling the following services:
- Substation design LV/MV (low and medium voltage)
- Substation automation
- Safety System Development (SIS/ESD) implementation, (refinery and ammonia)
- DCS Development and implementation, refinery and fertilizer
- PLC and SCADA Development and system deployment
- Process plant upgrades, (revamp)
- CTL Plants
- NH3, (nitrogen (N) fertilizers) and ammonia plants
- Oil refinery
- Oil and gas, (gas compressor plants)
- Material handling
- Nickel and diamond mine
- Petrochemical and CTL plants.
- Tank farm
- Coal Mine
- Natural Gas Compressor
- Power Transmission Systems; Gas Compressor
- Successfully managed projects as project manager
- Infrastructure (applicable to coal mine: rail, road and water)
- Completed global projects in the following countries: South Africa; Singapore; Bangladesh; Malaysia; Sarawak (Borneo); UAE; Saudi Arabia; Zambia; Nigeria; Algeria; Thailand; Philippines; Russia; and Belgium.
- Institution of Engineering and Technology, (United Kingdom and Middle East)
- Technical Professional Review and Interviewer, (for C Eng & I Eng Registration)
- Mentor (Electrical & Power)
- International Professional Registration Advisor
Training, Lecturing, and Coaching
- Conducted in excess of 200 lectures and training
- Electrical Engineering, (Intermediate & Advance)
- Industrial Instrumentation & Control Systems (Intermediate & Advance)
- Project Management / Leadership
- Online training, technical (instrumentation, electrical, project engineering), project management and contracts management, gap analysis, professional registration guidance and assistance.
- Served in 1 Parachute Battalion/Tempe / Bloemfontein (as a paratrooper ).
- Scouting: 4th Troop Maitland / 1st Class Scout/ 1 badge short to earn the coveted " Springbok Badge "
Honors & Publications
- Computer Engineering Diploma ( ICS )
- Advance Technical Diploma- ATD/NDE, (MTC), Electrical, Instrumentation & Control Systems
- Diploma as Professional Engineer, ECUK
License and Certification
- Certified International Project Manager – CIPM-Certified International Project Manager - CIPM
- European Engineer – FEANIFEANI, Eur Ing
- Chartered Engineer - C Eng, ECLUK
- Incorporated Engineer: I Eng, ECUK
- Certified International Project Manager: CIPM: IPMC and obtained MPM (Master PM), Institute of Measurement and Control (UK)
- Institute of Engineering & Technology License-(IEE-UK)
- CFSE - Certified Functional Safety Expert
- Python , C++ , R , Machine Learning , Deep Learning , Data Science , MS Access , Oracle , SQL Server Conversant : Keras , Numpy , and PyTorch.
- Fluent ( English & Afrikaans ); Average ( Dutch ); Hebrew - basic
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- MIRI : Member of Machine Intelligence Research Institute
- Chartered Management Institute Chartered Management Institute
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers Institute AWARDS
- Institute of Engineering & Technology (UK)
- Authored over 100 articles published
- Author of technical educational text
- Author of technical studies
- Ph.D. Electrical, Hampden University, Hampton, VA
- M.Sc. Project Management, The Engineering Council, United Kingdom