Alternative & Renewable Energy, (Bio-Ethanol, Batteries, Oil & Gas) Consulting within the Agriculture, Building & Consumer Products Industry & Expert
Technical Consultant #2556
- Alternative and renewable energy: Bio-ethanol from vegetable starch or sugars (corn, sugarcane, high dry-matter tubers, sugar beets), bio-Diesel fuel from triglycerides (virgin and used vegetable oils) and algae, bio-fuel and animal feed co-production, renewable diesel fuel, solar thermal and renewable electricity from wind, photo-voltaic, bio-gas, biomass/municipal solid waste.
- Energy storage: Batteries, pumped hydro, hot/cold water storage, compressed or liquefied gas storage with turbo-expander energy recovery.
- Optimized energy use: Heat transfer, thermodynamics, building HVAC, electricity demand peak shaving, optimized time-of-use, on-site CHP, heat pump, automatic controls, lighting, evaporation cooling, air-to-air heat exchange, air quality monitoring.
- Potable, industrial and agricultural water: Purification, desalination and recycle, multi-media filters, ultrafiltration, nano-filtration, ion exchange, reverse and forward osmosis, multiple effect evaporation, adsorption, as well as UV, chlorine, and ozone sanitizing.
- Crude oil and natural gas production/refining: Well drilling and completion, enhanced oil and gas recovery, gas gathering and purification, gas compression and transportation, natural gas chemical conversion to ethylene, refining, bio-fuel/fossil fuel nano-emulsion blending, oil upgrading, Fischer-Tropsch synthesis of renewable fuels.
- Oil and gas process improvements: Optimization, catalyst upgrades, turbo-machinery, combustion and post-combustion air emission reductions.
- Building systems: Optimized energy and water use/recovery/reuse, integrated renewable and conventional energy systems, waste heat recovery.
- High productivity agriculture: Combustion exhaust CO2 and water use, solar power, land use optimization.
- Alternative energy
- Binders and agglomeration
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) bio-sequestration
- Chemical Engineering (ChE)
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Chief Engineer (CE)
- Combined heat and power (CHP)
- Consumer products
- Environmental engineering
- Enology and viticulture
- Food processing
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Heat pump
- High productivity agriculture
- Intellectual property (IP) licensing
- International marketing
- Mineral processing/beneficiation
- Nano materials and fluids
- Natural gas processing
- Oil and natural gas well drilling, instrumentation and production
- Oil refining
- Process engineering
- Process instrumentation
- Process simulation
- Profit achieving business, engineering, R&D, and operations leader
- Renewable energy
- Research (R&D)
- Sales and Marketing on Industrial and Consumer Products
- Semiconductor processing & materials
- Utility use and cost reduction
- Vehicle components and systems
- Venture Capital (VC)
- Video displays
- Water purification
Undisclosed Engineering Firm, Cheif Engineer, 2010 - Present
- As Chief Engineer, serving clients and executing services in the following areas:
- Patents and intellectual property licensing.
- Semiconductor electronics.
- Digital imaging.
- Green technology.
- Li-ion batteries.
- Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
- Video devices and image processing.
- In-home water purification and disinfection.
- Paint adhesion.
- Dissolving packages (pill casings) made of ingredients generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the US FDA for dietary supplements/ nutrients.
Applied Knowledge and Experience
- Entrepreneurial Chief Executive Officer, Chief Technology Officer, and Chief Engineer at publicly-traded stock companies and start-ups.
- Technical and engineering-based business profit improvement based on economic and profitability forecasts.
- Leader of profitable business-focused professional teams of up to 500 engineers and scientists.
- Leader of process engineering for oil, biofuels, chemicals, foods, and minerals.
- Developed enterprise-wide profit improving optimized utility uses and costs.
- Creator, licensor, and seller of profitable engineered product intellectual property -- HVAC, power generation, combined heat and power (CHP), electronics, combustion, fuels, nanotechnology, materials, information technology, agriculture, and fluid purification.
- Industrial and consumer product marketing/sales leader: advertising, market research, consumer focus groups, label design, point-of-purchase displays, manufacturer rep networks, returned goods authorizations, distribution (domestic and international), pricing, sales incentives; video and audio commercial scripting, acting, and production & on-line media hosted interviews.
- Product liability and environmental impact expert witness.
- Invented, tested, developed and authored two U.S. patents on breakthrough renewable ion rejecting membrane products.
- Lead research and development engineering, and manufacturing teams to demineralize, desalt, purify, as well as recycle industrial water.
- Authored two patents on flocculants to separate liquid and solids.
- Authored two patents on clean combustion and fuels.
- Patented microelectronic acoustic consumer products.
- Led intellectual property valuation assessments and out-licensing to produce revenues over $25 million.
- The team leader of oil and natural gas production projects wherein he solved leadership and engineering challenges.
- Acting CEO
Nu-Profit Marketing, 2005 – 2008
Rockwell International, 2000 - 2004
- Director Intellectual Property Licensing
Honors & Publications
- · Licensed Professional Engineer, California
- International Marketing in an Executive MBA program at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business
- · U.S. patents on fluid purification/separation, polymeric flocculants, electronics, acoustics, membranes, combustion equipment and processes, chemicals (including Nano-emulsions and fuels), and catalysis.
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Berkely University of California, Berkely, CA
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, MO