- Cracking furnaces: EDC, (Ethylene Dichloride) Cracking furnaces at high (20 atm) or low (9 atm) pressure, methane gas or LPG combustion, and horizontal burners.
- Distillation columns: All types of distillation columns (package or tray columns) in various operation conditions, (high pressure; low pressure; vacuum).
- Oxychlorination reactors: Oxygen feed reactors; fluidized bed catalyst.
- Chlorination reactors - liquid phase reaction; high or low chlorination temperature.
- Refrigeration units (1.1 Gcal/h): F22 unit including screw compressor, York refrigeration unit.
- Chlorinated waste incineration unit: Heat recovery system by low pressure steam production; and HCL absorption system.
- Steam and condense unit - steam saturation system by condense injection; steam pressure reduction system, (three stages from 30 atm to 2.5 atm).
- Loading / unloading rail track.
- Centrifugal pumps - one or 5 stage pumps; discharge pressure 4 atm up to 60 atm.
- Reciprocating pumps
- Vacuum pumps
- Liquid ring blowers
- Screw compressors
- Centrifugal compressors
- Oxygen Feed Reactors
- Tanks and vessels for liquid gas storage (vinyl chloride, NH3, R22, HCl ).
Representative of a case in the field vinyl chloride.
Independent Contractor, Present
Oltchim S.A.,Rm., Valcea, Romania, PVC Factory Director, 1984 - 2018
- Administrative and Technological Manager for OLTCHIM’s VCM, (Vinyl Chloride Monomer), PVC, (Polyvinyl Chloride) and plants.
Plant Manager, VCM (Vinyl Chloride Monomer)
- Administrative and Technological Manager for OLTCHIM’s VCM plant.
- Supervised activity in VCM plant in order to: ensure safety of personnel and assets, reach high efficiency (in terms of figure consumptions, capacity rate etc.), get high quality products, avoid pollution.
- Elaborated the annual requirements for raw materials and chemicals (according to production plan).
- Proposed the figure consumptions.
- Proposed the maintenance program.
- Elaborated the daily program for extra–routine activities.
- Coordinated the intervention in case of emergency.
- Organized the specific training for personnel.
- Ensured daily activity is in accordance with Operating Code Regulations.
- Coordinated production activity with respect to manufacturing technology, product quality and compliance with consumer rules.
- Participated in company programs such as loss prevention compliance, insurance, incident investigation, safety, inspection and audit
- Performed the incident reporting, off-spec production reporting and similar analysis, determined and implemented the improvement measures.
- Ensured assistance in maintaining plant and technology integrity and reviewed and improved the manufacturing procedures.
- Main projects: VCM plant modernization and chlorinated organic compounds incineration.
Chief of VCM installation
- Technological Manager for a part of VCM plant (Cracking unit; VCM-purification unit; Waste water treatment; Steam and condense unit).
- Vinyl chloride monomer plant and operations.
EPC, (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) Project, Oil and Gas
- Functioned in the rolls of: Commissioning Supervisor, Commissioning Engineering and Pre commissioning Supervisor, for the ASAB3 Gas plant and petrochemistry sectors.
Chyoda Utility, Singapore, Commissioning Supervisor, 2017
- Oversaw the commissioning of South Thambey LNG Plant (Russia).
Technip LTD, Saudi Arabia, Commissioning Supervisor, 2015
- Commissioning Supervisor-Halobutyl Project.
Technip, France, Commissioning Engineer, 2012 - 2013
- Commissioning, start-up , performance test and operation of ASAB 3, NGL plant (ABU DHABI, UAE).
Krebs- Engineering, France, Commissioning Engineer, 1997 - 1998
- Commissioning, start-up, performance test, operation of INDOVYL-VCM plant (Merak, Indonesia).
Honors & Publications
- Chemical Engineer Degree- Specialisation- Macromolecular Compounds Technology
- English – conversation, writing
- French – conversation, writing
B.S. Chemical Engineering, Polytechnic Institute, University of Bucharest, Romania