Drug discovery consulting and research and development in Biomedicine. Providing over ten years in biomolecular computational methods (small molecules and proteins, proteomics, genetics).
Drug Discovery and Biomedicine - Health
- High throughput virtual screening and docking. Drug candidate identification.
- QSAR (Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship) and QSPR (Quantitative Structure Property Relationship), computational.
- ADME, (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, and Excretion) toxicity modeling.
- Genetics (DNA or RNA) to peptides to proteins computational modeling.
- Protein pockets mapping. Druggable targets identification.
- Protein pocket derived small molecule (drug and ligand) modeling.
- Antibody (peptide chains) discovery and modeling.
- Machine Learning and (AI) Artificial Intelligence throughout the above workflow and capabilities (tensor flow, Scikit, Matlab ML and AI and NN, Python libs.).
- Machine Learning and (AI) Artificial Intelligence. Tensor Flow, Scikit, Matlab, Mathematica.
- Neural Networks: Reinforcement learning, machine learning (clustering, regression).
- Applications in: Robotics and manufacturing, in advanced materials discovery and in drug discovery, protein interactions, DNA and RNA protein synthesis prediction and modeling, computational antibodies (peptides).
- Multi-physics and many-body. Molecular Dynamics (MD), Density Functional Theory (DFT), Monte Carlo (MC), stochastic time series and statistics.
- Finite element modeling of systems and manufacturing Processes. Novel Software and Modeling capability Collaborations with BYU and OSU and UTK as well as CFDRC corporation. NASA research and development awards for these collaborations over $2 million.
Patent Law and Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Law: USPTO patents and trademarks office examiner, and Patents Law Academy trained expert in nuclear engineering and materials sciences, Business Processes.
Undisclosed Company, Materials Scientist, 2017 - Present
- Focus on sciences and engineering mission. Supporting novel materials discovery, additive and subtractive manufacturing, robotics.
- Materials and Processes Laboratory, Marshall Space Flight Center.
- Approximately $2 million research projects oversight and awarded.
- Data analytics. Predictive modeling. Risk analytics.
- Materials Computational modeling and discovery: Models and software development.
- Finite element modeling. Robotics and processes. Materials phases.
- Machine Learning and (AI) Artificial Intelligence in materials and robotics.
Experfy inc., Experfy Data Institute, Cambridge, MA, Director, 2014 - 2018
- Director at Experfy Institute (of Experfy, Harvard), Big Data and Analytics. Research Big Data of Global Health (Malaria, Ebola) and of Economics.
- Contributor to online instruction (Financial Markets and Derivatives, Risk and Defaults, Big Data and Econometrics in business intelligence, predictive modeling).
- Subject Matter Expert (data analytics and global health informatics) on consulting proposals for Bill Gates Foundation, Bill Clinton Foundation, and Fannie Mae federal agency proxy.
USPTO Patents & Trademarks Office, Alexandria VA and Dallas TX, 2014 - 2017
- USPTO patent law academy graduate. Intellectual property law expert.
- Nuclear Engineering and Sciences Examiner.
- Measurement and Instrumentations Examiner.
Agathos Scientific, Chicago IL, Principal Investigator, 2007 - 2014
- Research in biomedicine and biomolecular chemistry
- Research in materials science.
- Research in applications in supercomputing. Partnerships with Argonne National Laboratories and ASU Saguaro high performance computing negotiated and put in place.
NIST National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, 2005 - 2007
- Theoretical and computational chemistry scientist. Nanomaterials and biomaterials and devices.
- Research in biomolecular chemistry and biomedicine.
- Fellow of the Interdisciplinary Network of Emerging Science and Technologies (INEST) Group, NIST partnership with Philip Morris USA (and Kraft Foods), Richmond.
- Charter member and fellow of the National Center for theory and computation.
Independent Federal Contractor, Scientist, 2003 - 2005
- As an independent federal contractor carried out research into nanomaterials and biochemistry.
- Scientist, private sector (materials, statistical analytics).
NSF National Science Foundation, Post doctorate, 2002 - 2003
- Supported, theoretical physics group in materials.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- NASA- State of Utah space consortium technical expert invited member
- Member Federal Bar
- Member of the American Physical Society physics
- Member of the American Mathematical Society
- Member of the American Chemical Society
- Member of the American Health Physics Society
- Fellowship AMPAC advanced materials and processing center UCF
- Fellow of NCTCN national center for theory and computation NIST
- Fellow INEST international network of emerging science and technology (Kraft, PMUSA)
- NSF national science foundation postdoctoral
- Author and Co-Author of peer reviewed journals, abstracts, posters and presentations.
- Ph.D. Philosophy, Physics. University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- M.S. Physics. University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- B.S. Physics. Illinois State University, Normal, IL