Risk Management; Banking, Business Continuity, Operations Disaster, Recovery & FDIC Compliance Expert
Technical Consultant #2540
- Business continuity
- Disaster recovery
- Financial technology controls
- Financial technology problem management
- Risk management
- Technology control
- Compliance: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and European Pharmaceutical Research Association (PRA) Standards.
- Cyber security
- Digital product management
- Financial customer service
- Project management
- Agile methodologies
- Microsoft and Google applications
T. R. M., Owner, 2020 - Present
- Provide business continuity planning, management, testing and consulting services to small and mid-sized businesses throughout the United States and internationally. Clients include: BlockZero, Utah Scientific, HistoxLabs and more.
- Manage 5 part-time business continuity writers, trainers and technical disaster recovery experts.
B.U. Bank, Wilmington, DE, Technology Control Engagement Manager, 2020 - Present
- Oversee the operations of this multinational credit card and payment services provider, and division of this bank’s issued credit card products for partners such as Uber, American Airlines and Apple.
- Representative for 5 global control standard improvement programs.
- Responsible for compliance to Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and European Pharmaceutical Research Association (PRA) standards.
- Challenges included coordination of over 50 leaders to improve configuration for more than 300 applications.
- Coordination across standards resulted in successfully coordinating configuration improvement of over 300 in scope applications and the creation of a group-wide capacity and demand reporting structure three months ahead of schedule.
Cyber Security Program Manager, 2015 - 2017
- Created and managed the day-to-day task list, weekly reporting, and budgeting when the B.U. Bank Cyber Security Program was introduced in September of 2016.
- Managed the $9.1 million Digital Enhancements program resulting in multiple industry leading improvements in digital customer experience.
- Critical to managing the program was creating a personnel billing audit process which resulted in a 50% reduction in monthly program billing.
Bank of America, Wilmington, DE, Senior Vice President of Digital Banking, 2006 - 2015
- Served as the digital banking representative for business recovery, customer service escalations, and customer service initiatives and improvements.
- Successfully led a SharePoint redesign to reduce procedures from 1,400 to 700, improving First Call Resolution metrics across four contact center locations and improving customer satisfaction.
- Improved online and mobile banking experience for customers by using web analytics tools (Coremetrics, Opinionlab PLF), following standard system development methodologies to enhance online and mobile functionality.
- Conducted two years of consultation for China Construction Bank on root cause analysis, defect remediation and digital customer service.
- Established and lead multiple feedback forums involving senior contact center leadership and first line managers for a true top-down view of opportunities to reduce risk.
MBNA, Newark, DE, Vice President – eBusiness, 1996 - 2006
- Successfully managed a large virtual team responsible for Online and Mobile production issues, customer experience, business continuity, and operational readiness for six annual technology release occurrences.
- Led a multi-department team responsible for developing and implementing strategies to reduce the occurrence of customer impacting defects and errors in Online and Mobile Banking.
- Achieved 100% service level agreement adherence for defect remediation.
- Resolved more than 200 new customer-impacting defects per month.
- Improved productivity by creating service level agreements between business areas and scorecards to measure defects and outages.
- Served as the primary contact for all severity incidents, managing up to 230 per month and the primary contact for all digital executive complaints and escalations.
- Successfully led Release and Change Planning and Coordination for digital banking, supporting 29 million active customers who performed more than one billion transactions per month.
- Led the strategic development and execution of the Online and Mobile disaster recovery and communication plan (business continuity). Founding member and digital representative of the Enterprise Core Response Team.
- Managed relationships with multiple vendors and outside partners including AT&T, Intuit, Microsoft, Mozilla, Apple, Alertsite, Nameprotect and Verisign.
- Founder and owner of T. R .M. business continuity planning consultants
- Complete IT overhaul of Talleyville Fire Co. including server replacement, desktop upgrades, display boards, phone systems, wifi and company operating procedure creation.
- Managed the implementation of five global Technology Control Standards across all of B.U. Banking. This was a yearlong program requiring the onboarding of multiple tools, process creation and revision and reporting protocols implemented across the enterprise.
- Founder of the Bank of America Core Response Team dedicated to creating and executing enterprise-wide business continuity plans. This exceeded regulatory requirements, decreased response time, increased coordination, and resulted in positive public relations opportunities.
- Managed the $9.1 million Digital Enhancements program resulting in the merging of multiple pc based and mobile sites into a single responsive design, enhanced payment rules engine, automated account activity text alerts and apple watch peek.
Honors & Publications
- Leading SAFe Agilist Certification
- Response considerations during an outbreak or pandemic AWR-915-W | Dept. Homeland Sec
- Emergency Planning IS-00235.c | FEMA
- Notary Public – State of Delaware – current
- MS Office applications, Advanced Excel, MS Project, Visual Basic, Sharepoint, Visio, LDRPS, Rally, Agile Methodologies, Online/Mobile Browser Expertise, SEO, Coremetrics, Web analytics
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Board member and IT Director for Talleyville Fire Company
- Member – New Castle County Chamber of Commerce
- Active member of Talleyville Fire Company (16 years of service)
- Recipient of the University of Delaware Leadership and Social Responsibility Award
- B.S. Leadership in Community Organizations, University of Delaware, Newark, DE