- Over 40 years of worldwide experience at various positions in the design, engineering, projects, EPIC, maintenance in upstream, midstream, refineries, NGL plants, petrochemicals, and power plants.
Project Engineering Design
- Technical Authority (PTE/SME) for rotating, static and piping engineering.
- Participated in FEED, detailed engineering, AFC, start-up and commissioning.
- Peer design review of EPC deliverables from PID's to AFC drawings including FAT/SAT.
- Coordinated engineering activities of various disciplines, management of change leader.
- Skilled with Engineering standards - ASME, API, Shell DEP's, Exxon-Mobil EG's.
- Operations readiness assurance and flawless startup.
Maintenance of Facilities
- RRM, FMEA, strategy for maintenance – PM, CM, condition monitoring, overhaul, shutdowns.
- Shell global asset maintenance excellence involving RCM, RBI, EI, EDMS, TA, and IPF.
- Developing and monitoring KPI for world class maintenance, best maintenance practices.
- Troubleshooting, failure analysis, reliability and availability improvement initiatives.
- Maintenance budgeting and cost control, spare parts management, LTSA contracting.
- Maintenance and overhaul of large rotating equipment and turnaround maintenance.
- Utilized and skilled with Dupont's PSM - Process Safety Management system.
International Experience and Focused Areas
- Service areas: EP, Oil, Gas, Petrochemicals, Power Stations, LNG and EPIC consulting.
- Entire lifecycle of facilities with excellence in rotating equipment engineering and design.
- Head of Maintenance, Mechanical Engineering and Design Engineering.
- Lead in Projects, Senior and Maintenance Engineering, Principal Mechanical Engineer, Lead Mechanical Engineer.
- Excellence in maintenance, installation, start-up and commissioning of Plants.
- Shell Company Technical Authority for large rotating and static equipment and systems.
Undisclosed Company, Technical Authority, Lead Mechanical, 2016 - Present
- Leading the mechanical and piping engineering team for brownfield and greenfield projects, MOC process, field modifications and supporting field operation and maintenance groups.
Addax Petroleum, Nigeria - Principal Mechanical Engineer, 2014 - 2015
- Supervising internal design engineering group and external - WorleyParsons for preliminary engineering, /FEED for $2.4 billion offshore Projects which included large static/rotating equipment and piping/pipelines.
Chevron, Tengiz Kazakhstan, Mechanical Engineering Advisor, 2013 - 2014
- Providing support to brown-field Projects and supporting Field Maintenance for reliability improvement.
- Conducting the engineering peer design review of EPC contractor deliverables (Fluor, Worley Parsons, PSN, CMG, KMGP) and support to field Maintenance Reliability Group for equipment availability improvement.
AGIPKCO, Khazhakstan : Head of Maintenance Engineering, 2010 - 2013
- Reporting to Site Manager and responsible for start-up, commissioning phase of the project, development of processes, procedures, systems, organization, SAP systems.
- Contractor requirements for the maintenance of all onshore facilities for oil gas and utilities.
- Responsible for maintenance engineering discipline technical authorities supporting the field operation/modifications/maintenance activities.
Reliance Industries, Limited, Mumbai, World Scale Petrochemical Complex, 2009 - 2010
- In the role of Engineering Manager reporting to Site President, headed the Engineering and Maintenance Groups comprising of Central Engineering, Brownfield Projects and Maintenance Department.
- Supervised around 30 Engineers from all disciplines and around 700 Internal and Contractor non-supervisory workforce for Maintenance. During the last year at RIL was actively involved in the roll-out of Dupont’s PSM, (Process Safety Management) process and steered the ‘business transformation.
- During 2010, successfully completed the complex turnaround activities, involving around 400 engineers and 5000 contractor work force involved with jobs related to safety, integrity, reliability improvement, upgrades, statutory scheduled inspection, major modifications, retrofitting and improvement projects.
- Successfully completed projects on upgrading DCS systems at CPP and LLDPE, replacing PLC at LDPE, replacing steam turbine control system, replacing LDPE UPS, replacing PP steamer, and replacing quench tower trays.
- Performed process engineering P&ID’s of oil and gas petrochemical plants.
Shell Nigeria and Shell, GTL Project, Qatar Rotating Equipment Engineering Manager, 2002 - 2008
- Responsible for setting up the Engineering and Maintenance Organization, processes and procedures based on OPMG & GAME (RRM, RCM, IPF, RBI), framing contracting strategy and pre-qualification of contractors for engineering and maintenance.
Shell Petroleum Development Co., Nigeria Ltd., Engineering Manager, 2006 - 2007
- Team Leader for Assa North oil and condensate major project reporting to Project Manager of a $2 billion (U.S.) project.
- Responsible for developing WBS, OBS, contracting strategy, estimating scope, schedule, quality plan for FEED and detailed engineering, pre-qualification of contractors and firming up ITT Packages with SCM.
- Close out and finalization of FDP, CSR, BFD, PEP, VAR3 and ESAR Reviews, development of risk register, led the value engineering workshop along with Chevron, carried out surface facilities review in preparation for FEED.
- Supervised all discipline engineering activities and was the Chairman of Change Control Panel. Completed Project FEED with Shell in-house FEED resources. Estimates prepared for Detailed Engineering and Contractors pre-qualified for the job. Project shelved at that stage due to acute security concerns in the Niger Delta Region.
Shell Petroleum Development Co., Nigeria, Act Discipline Engineering Leader, 2002 - 2005
Head of Mechanical Engineering (Rotating. Static. Piping) in Central Engineering
- Coordinated and Supervised the activities of all the Engineering Disciplines.
- Responsibilities included: Support of major projects (for concepts, BFD,FEED input, basic, detailed engineering, EPC, startup and commissioning).
- Additional support: Chairman/Member of Change Control Panel, Maintenance of Engineering Standards and Technical Authority System, Skill-pool Training and Development, New Technology deployment, EPG Regional Discipline Leader for Rotating and Static Equipment. Consultancy and Support to Field Operations, and Maintenance Department on existing assets.
Shell Global Solutions International B.V., The Netherlands, 2002
Principal Rotating Equipment Engineer
- Technical and engineering support to worldwide Shell OU's on various aspects of Machinery cycle including design, selection ,inspection, start-up and commissioning, maintenance, failure analysis, troubleshooting, adapting of latest technologies etc.
- Prepared a steer on power augmentation of existing gas turbines.
National Oil Company, (Sirte/Waha Oil Company), Libya, 1998 - 2001
Senior Staff Mechanical. Engineer of Engineering and Maintenance.
- Responsible for cost estimation, design input, support to new projects and field facilities at Waha.
- Major projects involved with: FEED and detailed engineering for the Faregh Phase 2 Gas project 180 MMSCFD, US 500 M.
- Provided specialist input for gas turbines, centrifugal compressors and pumps diesel and gas engines, electrical drives and static equipment and piping.
- Sirte Oil Complex project: Worked in the Maintenance and Engineering Group.
- Responsible for the Supervision of seven area for the various plants: Refinery (80000 B/D), LNG plant (2 x 600 MMScfd, petrochemicals (ammonia -2X 1000 T/D, urea - 2x 1500T/D, methanol -2X 1000 T/D), gas transmission pipeline compressor stations, utilities and power generation.
- Responsible for the engineering, design, projects, maintenance, failure analysis and troubleshooting, overseas vendor control for overhaul of large machinery, vibration analysis.
- In addition, was involved with the following projects -Brepipe gas transmission pipeline compressor station (MAN-GHH gas turbine driven centrifugal pipeline compressors), Attahady gas plant complex, Lehib and Raghuba gas lift projects involving large rotating equipment.
Foster Wheeler Maintenance Operations Limited, Nigeria, 1997 - 1998
- Officer in Charge-Engineering and Maintenance.
- Oversee of the engineering/ maintenance and technical backup support to the world scale petrochemical complex comprising of 300,000 MTPA of PE and 126,000 MTPA of PP Plant.
- Power Generation facilities while reporting to Executive Director, and responsible for direct supervision of 6 area engineers.
- Work included RCM based maintenance of complex equipment for high availability, plant changes, modifications, budgeting and cost control, organization of turn around maintenance, OEM inspections, local vendor development and control, spare parts management.
- Achieved an excellent performance rating.
Brunei Shell Petroleum Co., Brunei, 1995 - 1997
Maintenance Engineer - Offshore Area Maintenance Coordinator
- Responsible for the troubleshooting and failure analysis, maintenance and overhaul of equipment (RCM), development of overseas vendors for critical turbo-machinery maintenance of the offshore and the onshore production facilities and equipment.
- Provided support from shore for the engineering, materials management, workshops, reliability engineering, area budgeting and cost control.
- Frequently deputed as offshore area coordinator and responsible for the mechanical, electrical, instruments and inspection crew for area maintenance. Achieved an excellent overall performance rating.
Consolidated Turbine Services Limited, Dubai. U.A.E., 1993 - 1995
- Responsible for the cost estimation for bid proposals, tenders, planning and execution of Major Power Generation EPC Projects for MEW, Dubai worth U.S. $ 200 million.
- Successfully completed, commissioned and handed over major projects within the timeframe, cost and resources available.
- Projects executed: Upgrading the GE frame V and frame VI gas turbines to dual fuel firing and modification of the speedtronic mark II and mark IV, gas transmission pipelines from EGPC to MEW facilities including the flowmeters and gas skid.
- Coordination and control of Thomassen International and rotring engineering specialists and mechanical, electrical, instrumental and civil, piping disciplines.
Project: Edeleanu Asia Pte. Ltd, Singapore
- As Section Head (of Mechanical. Equipment Design) reporting to Engineering Manager, responsible for mechanical equipment. cost estimation and assistance for bid preparation, tenders, selection, design, inquiry, order specifications, evaluation of vendor quotes/vendor development, inspection and field.
- Commissioning of equipment and packages. Specialized in the rotating machinery and associated systems.
- Coordinated the activities of mechanical, electrical, instruments, civil and piping for various packages.
- Worked on various projects for Shell, Mobil, Esso, Atochem, Thaioil Company etc.
- Familiar with international standards and specific standards of above companies. Worked in the team and achieved the ISO 9001 accreditation for the Company.
UHDE India Limited, Bombay, Principal Design Engineer (Machinery and Packages)
- Responsible for the cost estimation of Machinery and Packages for bid preparation and tenders, selection, design, inquiry, order specifications, evaluation of vendor quotes, inspection and field commissioning support.
- Coordinated the activities of mechanical, electrical, instruments, civil and piping for the packages for various projects in India.
Oswal Petrochemicals, Kuwait Oil Company, PDO, Gasco, AUH, and Bharat Petroleum Refinery
Project: For maintenance organizations in petrochemical, Oil Refinery, Fertilizer, and E&P
- Performed 12 years servicing in the positions: Engineer, Senior Engineer, Condition Monitoring Foreman, Maintenance and Engineering. Manager.
- Start-up and commissioning of plants, preventive and predictive maintenance, condition monitoring, overhaul of large rotating equipment, maintenance of static and rotating plant equipment.
- As chief of Engineering and Maintenance for RIL Facilities in Mumbai, India supervising all the engineering and maintenance disciplines at the world-scale petrochemical complex.
- Troubleshooting, failure analysis, reliability and availability studies; RCM,RBI, and IPF.
- Providing technical backup support for new projects, plant changes and field modifications, maintenance budgeting and cost control, monitoring and supervision of contract maintenance activities, planning and execution of plant-wide shutdown activities.
- Excellent exposure to computerized maintenance management systems, vibration analysis, dynamic balancing, hot and reverse alignment.
- Workshops : Good exposure to fabrication, welding, machining, overhaul of various equipment, heat exchanger retubing and testing, PSV testing etc.
- Coverage of plant process P&ID’s, Instrumentation loops and systems, electrical systems, piping and civil engineering fields, including SAP R3 – PM.
Honors & Publications
- P.Eng. - Canada
- Ex PMP - USA
- Shell Intensive PM Course - Leading Front-End Processes Course
- Operation and Maintenance of Gas Turbines
- Operation/Maintenance of Centrifugal Compressors
- Operation/Maintenance of Reciprocating Compressors
- Flexibox - Mechanical seals and reverse alignment
- Solar Gas Turbines - Analytical troubleshooting
- Shell - Supervisory Management skills
- Passed ASNT level II in Ultrasonic
- CMMS : Shell - Teroman & Kellogg's Kelcam.
- SAP R/3 implementation at SPDC & RIL - PM & PS Modules
- Shell EP 03 Course -Managing EP Business
- Shell PA 300 - Leading Front-End Development Processes
- PVElite for Pressure Vessels and Ceasar II for piping analysis
- English - Fluent
- French - Basic
Publications and Patents
- Website Development
- Eng.. Association of Professional Engineers-Geoscientists, British Columbia, PMI Institute
- S. Chemical Engineering, Institution of Engineers, India
- S. Mechanical Engineering, Bombay University, Mumbai India