Extensive consulting and leadership experience for domestic and international businesses with expertise in business and financial management that include: Leadership and organizational development; client relations; and management of complex consulting engagements. Ability to quickly assess business needs, problem-solve and create innovative and profitable solutions.
- Providing tailored business and operations management solutions.
- Leadership Development
- Management Development
- High Potential Development
- New Manager Development
- Executive Coaching
- Succession Planning
- 360-Degree Feedback
- Leadership Assessments
- Team Effectiveness
- Offsite Facilitation
- Group Facilitation
Undisclosed Company, Managing Principal, 2004 – Present
- An established Advisor spending more than 15 years consulting to the Fortune 50, 100 and 500, as well as leading and growing entrepreneurial organizations.
- A skilled business executive with a proven record in both domestic and international markets, with extensive consulting, advisory, and leadership experience, with expertise in business and operations management, as well as leadership development, executive coaching, and succession planning.
- Executive Coaching programs for high potential senior executives, developing Vice Presidents and above for their next-level role.
- Design and delivery of the flagship 4-day Leadership Development program for all District Managers of a #1 category U.S. national retailer (1,100+ stores; 22,000 employees) to foster better strategic thinking, improved customer service and experience, and increased in-store sales.
- Turnaround change for 26,000 employees of a Fortune 500 U.S. financial services corporation, developing a customer-focused culture in a climate that had undergone extensive rationalization.
- The creation of the first Executive Leadership Development program for 3,000 senior leaders of a Fortune 50 global investment bank.
- The development of the inaugural 3-day Emerging Leader program for a global corporation (3,000 locations; 168,000 employees) to build the leadership capabilities of high potential talent to support organizational and territory growth.
Partners in Human Resources International, New York, NY, 2000 - 2003
Senior Vice President - Finance, Operations & Technology
Director of Organizational & Professional Development
- Recruited as Director of Organizational and Professional Development to this privately held management consulting firm serving Fortune 50 and 500 clients by driving results through senior leadership talent and strategic organizational interventions.
- Within 18 months, promoted to the firm-wide role of Senior Vice President, directing finance, operations and technology, reporting to the founding partners.
- Provide strategic direction to the firm and its founders:
- Recently served as principle advisor to the CEO for the buy-out of a founding partner and recruitment of the firm's President.
- Acted as chief liaison to legal counsel and tax professionals while structuring and negotiating the resulting contracts.
Chief Financial Strategist
- Firm wide profit and loss responsibilities.
- Architect of the corporate financial plan, including all budgetary and financial modeling.
- Successful financial management paid dividends: In 2001, Total Revenue increased 52%, while Net Income increased 95% over the previous year.
- Prudent management of internal and external consulting talent resulted in an addition of
- 5 percentage points to firm-wide gross margin.
- Serve as firm's primary resource for pricing of all senior-level multi-stream consulting engagements, using unique pricing models that have increased margins 50%.
- Lead all dealings and negotiations for financial, insurance and real estate matters.
Principal technology strategist
- Lead in firm-wide and systems-wide overhaul.
- Initiated and managed a 3-month complete overhaul and upgrade of the firm's hardware, software systems, network infrastructure, as well as Internet presence and web site.
- All staff and independent consultants currently enjoy worldwide 24/7 remote access to the firm's resources, eliminating bottlenecks, downtime in project work, while increasing response time.
- Developed additional client revenue streams by incorporating on-line web-based technology with the firm's consulting and coaching offerings.
- Develop senior-level client relationships:
- Expanded a Fortune 500 account from $0 to $½ million in less than four months.
- Led a worldwide (5 countries) consulting engagement for a leading financial information firm.
- Advised the Head of HR of a major media subsidiary of a Fortune 50 client regarding employee satisfaction and leadership's necessary response.
The Forum Corporation, New York, NY, Lead Consultant, 1998 - 2000
- Led and managed local and virtual consulting teams in multi-stream projects (revenue per engagement exceeding $500,000) for top clients of a global employee and organizational development consulting firm.
- Representative projects included:
- Systems-based change management for 26,000 employees of a major US financial services corporation. Led by the chairman, this project was a corporate-wide multinational initiative to develop a customer-focused culture in a climate that had undergone extensive rationalization.
- The first executive leadership development process for 3,000 senior executives of a global investment bank. This groundbreaking process brought together select high potential executives to establish their role and involvement as the firm's leaders in the 21st century. Its ultimate success led to its adoption as the firm's annual leadership development program.
- Integrated curriculum in customer management for a top global consumer products firm. Incorporating cutting edge on-line technology, this project provided customer management executives, at all levels within the firm, a systematic curriculum that led participants from apprentice to mastery of customer relationship skills.
JNHCL, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 1987 - 1996
Chief Officer of Domestic and International Operations
- As one of three members of the executive body, ran an international wholesaling and distribution firm during one of the most competitive eras in the firm's 75-year history. Staffed (10 people) and directed a wholesale division with annual sales of $1.5 million, serving a diversified national client base, including retailers such as Wal-Mart.
- Led the development of corporate financial plan. Formulated integrated quarterly and annual financial models (including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow projections) for the firm's 10 divisions.
- Established corporate procedures and policy for employee selection, training and development, evaluation, compensation and benefits.
- Designed and implemented an on-line inventory, logistics, and purchasing system for the company's regional distribution centers. Within 12 months, reduced inventory by 33% with no negative impact on sales.
- Led regular negotiation of supply contracts with international and domestic vendors, limiting and halting annual price increases.
Independent Consultant, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 1985 - 1987
- Statistics & Operations Research
CHOM-FM, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 1982 - 1983
- Radio Broadcaster and Producer
Honors & Publications
- Master global certification consultant for the Leadership Versatility Index®
- SHRM-SCP® certified member of the Society for Human Resource Management
- Certified consultant and facilitator from the Positive Deviance Initiative of Tufts University
- Certified facilitator and administrator of the Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI), Development Survey (HDS), and Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory (MVPI)
- Certified facilitator and administrator of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®)
- French: Fluent, conversation, writing
- Contributing author of the COO Changing Roles
- M.B.A. Finance and Management, Columbia Graduate School of Business, New York, NC
- B.A. Psychology, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- B.A. Administration, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada