Mechanical and field engineer with focus to analytics, technologies and communications. Performing management positions on international assignments and challenging environments with a rich cultural diversity. Oversee dangerous and dual-use materials, (i.e., concentrated acids and bases, oxidizers, radioactive materials, solvents, liquid N2, and others).
- Oil and gas well integrity,
- Oilwell cementing,
- Reservoir stimulation,
- Fracturing: Unique acid fracturing services and fracturing fleets,
- Project management,
- Contracting, sales and client management,
- Hazardous materials procurement, logistics and management,
- Professional technical trainer,
- Data management and analytics,
- Statistics, probability and multivariate analysis; (MATLAB, STATA, eVIEWS),
- Communication in written, oral form and presentations to multi-cultural audiences,
- Theoretical and hands-on electro-mechanical aptitude.
Independent Consultant, Present
- Providing support to the transportation sourcing team for land and maritime services within Europe, North Africa and Turkey.
- Contract reviews, rates requests, negotiation, KPI (Key Performance Indicators) reviews, data gathering and transportation systems support for the production ramp-up of Madrid mill containerboard project.
Schlumberger LTD, Tyumen, Russia, Training Center Manager, 2012 - 2016
- Managed teams that run theory and practical technical training for field personnel, engineers and customers at the biggest training center of the company.
- Analytical project manager and sponsor on process improvements projects.
- Oversaw setup, installation and technical support of complex offshore operations simulators.
- Budget planning, HSE (Health Safety Executive), worked closely with contractors, sales department and directly with external clients.
- The training center includes real industry machinery set-up with more than 20 mechanical units, laboratory, hazardous chemicals and radioactive materials facilities, high pressure equipment and others.
- Contribute to accident investigations, root cause analysis training and HSE management system audits.
- Provided technical support and set up for new technology trials at training center in conjunction with research and development centers prior to field testing phase of new technologies.
- Four years without accidents.
- Turned the most expensive corporate training center to the most cost-effective (More than $100 million invested over a five- year period on the training center).
- Increased training activity by 35% without significant additional capital expenses or headcount.
- Standard work instructions creation and implementation based on risk analysis.
- Development of new type of delivery content using simulations and virtual training content for enhanced distant learning and effective use of specialized field equipment.
- Received internal company recognition as senior technical level due to extensive contribution to the well construction technical community.
Technical Instructor, 2010 - 2012
- In charge of all field engineer, entry level, 6-week training courses including delivery of theoretical, practical and hands-on training sessions.
- Training delivery on basic SQ and HSE management systems, incident reporting, service quality incidents field data gathering training and investigation reviews.
- Oil and gas well construction training for non-field population and external clients.
- Reservoir stimulation training for non-field population and external clients.
- Development of new training material for distant learning and on-the-job assessments.
- Permanent participation on the technical evaluation committee for experienced well construction and reservoir stimulation engineers.
- Coordination on conference visits to Tyumen State Oil and Gas University.
- Participation on fresh hire candidate selection and evaluation process.
- Received internal company recognition for the highly effective training provided to field engineer world population.
- Participant role in SQ (Service and Quality) and HSE management system audits and accident investigations.
- Implemented LEAN processes in the training center.
Location Manager, 2008 - 2010
- Direct management of over 50 employees providing well construction and reservoir stimulation services.
- Project coordination and startup of unique acid fracturing services for Kharyaga phase 3 oilfield development on new wells and workover operations located 60km North of the polar circle.
- Project management for well construction services for offshore artic operations located around Timan-Pechora region.
- In charge of operations, laboratory, chemical warehouse, maintenance and support functions.
- HSE, corporate and regulatory complince.
- Procurement and contract negotiations, business administration, budgeting, bidding and tendering process, capital expense planning.
- Increased location revenue from $3.5 million to $11 million (USD) meanwhile improving net income.
- Created and implemented a multi-skilling training plan effectively reducing headcount meanwhile providing more benefits and career opportunities.
- Field testing and implementation of multiple new technologies in cooperation with research and development centers.
Service Manager, 2007 - 2008
- Management of over 200 employees with fracturing fleets, maintenance department and support positions.
- Service quality and HSE control including off-site contractor management.
- Equipment planning for commissioning, decommissioning and maintenance.
- Observation of compliance with local regulations.
- Chemical usage forecasting, inventory management and long-term purchase order planning.
- Personnel training and development.
- Reduced relevant service quality and HSE indicators, thanks to personnel training and restless strive for safety standards compliance.
- Meanwhile keeping similar revenue, increased location net income over 10% YoY by detecting different projects synergies and improving personnel utilization.
Stimulation Technical Sales Engineer (Maracaibo, Venezuela), 2005 - 2007
- Sales, design, execution and evaluation of stimulation operations performed on offshore wells.
- Propped and acid fracturing.
- Sand control.
- Water control.
- Matrix acidizing.
- Fracturing and pack techniques for offshore drilling and workover rigs.
- Increase client’s oil production and location revenue by implementing well stimulation candidate selection processes and introduction of new technologies.
Cementing Field Engineer, 2001 - 2005
- Design, execution and evaluation of oil and gas well construction operations.
- High pressure and high temperature deep well operations.
- Retrievable service tools operations on drilling and workover rigs.
- Cement bond quality logs analysis for well repairs and wellbore isolation operations.
- Well abandonment and kick off plugs designs for multilaterals and reentry operations.
- Introductions of new technologies on drilling and workover operations using win - win strategies
- Project management for ENI-AGIP operations located at client’s office for DACION project.
Honors & Publications
- Energy Economics
- Telecommunication Economics
- Invizion - Well Integrity Engineer
- Project Management – PMI
- Train the Trainer School
- Service Manager School
- Advanced X-training
- Performance Management
- Management Tools
- Transport Economics
- Well Integrity Design & Analysis
- Management Essentials II
- LEAN Methodology
- Management Essentials I
- QHSE for Managers
- Sales School
- Finance School for operations
- Oil & Gas E&P
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Society of Petroleum Engineer
- Colegio de Ingenieros de Venezuela
- M.S. Industrial Economics and Markets, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- B.S. Mechanical Engineer, Universidad Simon Bolivar, Venezuela