- Highly proficient Certified Public Accountant bringing over 25 years of experience in financial planning, accounting and finance. Fund management, audit facilitation, business development and providing Technical Management Consulting. Restructuring, institutional strengthening, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, project management, contract negotiations, due diligence, strategic partnerships, and client relationship management.
- Project management and change management.
- New and existing business development and project design.
- Internal controls and capacity building.
- Financial planning, audit facilitation, (financial and operational auditing).
- Budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, CFO, accounting, finance, and administration.
- Strategic planning and sustainable development.
- Restructuring and institutional strengthening.
- Productivity improvement and reengineering.
- Monitoring, evaluation, and impact assessment.
- Executive search and placement.
- Marketing management consulting, Chief Operations Officer management and training.
Undisclosed Company, Managing Director, 1998 - Present
Business Development and Technical Consulting
- Deliver Management Consulting Services (MCS) to governments and clients in several industrial sectors through proven leadership in public accounting.
- U.S. and international experience for locations in: U.S.A; Finland; China; Jamaica; Papua New Guinea; Zambia; Uganda; Russia; Armenia; Latvia; and Georgia, providing general and financial management; business development; project management; change management; operations management; capacity building; restructuring; institutional strengthening; strategic planning; monitoring and evaluation; startups; turnarounds; mergers; audit; finance (Large-Scale, SME, Micro); human resources and administrative management; executive search and placement; training.
- Experience includes leadership on projects in the $100 million plus range.
- Perform sole engagements and lead teams with fewer than ten direct reports. Can effectively direct several projects simultaneously.
- Proposed change management and performance improvement programs for the Texas Medical Center (TMC) in Houston. Recruited by DynCorp, a major defense contractor, for a management position in Afghanistan.
- Co-founded a firm in Europe that assists companies with international expansion plans, particularly those that wish to enter U.S. markets.
- Collaborated (as CFO) with a medical, IT, and leadership group in Germany that developed smart cards and related systems to improve healthcare delivery worldwide.
- Recruited and managed (as COO) a national network of senior level healthcare executive search consultants.
- Created and presented business and project proposals in Jamaica and PNG.
- Conducted foreign organization system reviews for the National Institute of Health to assist African and Russian grantee organization involved in the research, diagnosis and treatment of HIV/AIDS.
- Led a team that proposed to continue donor supported accounting reform in Armenia by: training accountants; establishing a self-regulating body for professional standards; implementing a new accounting curriculum.
- Advised in the reorganization and financial strengthening of the State Revenue Service in Latvia where a mandate existed to improve anti-corruption measures and organizational and procedural efficiency.
- Directed a team that performed financial evaluations of companies within the energy sector (utilities, gas and oil) in Georgia to determine an appropriate course of action for interested donor and investment groups.
- Conducting engagements underway while searching for new projects on the Internet.
- Supervising a team of less than 10 direct reports.
- Designed a Change Management Program for the Texas Medical Center (TMC) in Houston.
- Recruited by DynCorp (A major US Defense Contractor) for a management position in Afghanistan.
- Successfully co-founded a firm in Eastern Europe to assist companies with international expansion.
- Held the following key positions for different projects:
- CFO - Collaborated with a Medical, IT and Leadership Group in Germany that developed smart cards and related systems to improve healthcare worldwide.
- COO - Recruited and managed a national network of Healthcare Search Consultants.
- COP - Led a team that proposed Accounting Reform in Armenia for training, regulation and curriculums.
- Meticulously designed and presented business/project proposals in Jamaica and PNG.
- Conducted system reviews for the National Institute of Health (NIH) to assist African and Russian grantee organizations involved in HIV/AIDS research and treatment.
- Provided advice in the financial strengthening of Latvia's State Revenue Service to improve anti-corruption measures and efficiency.
- Headed a team that performed financial evaluations of energy sector companies (Utilities/Gas/Oil) in Georgia.
- Worked with key clients and affiliates like Deloitte, ACDI/VOCA, Metropolitan Life, Ernst & Young, PA Consulting, Carana Corp, IBFD, PwC, KPMG, TMC, and Southern Illinois Healthcare.
U.S. Peace Corps, Republic of Estonia, Russian Federation, 1993 - 1998
- Performed numerous positions: Business Advisor - CFO, Finance, Subject Matter Expert Consultant to restructure and train.
- Provided technical assistance in the Former Soviet Union that involved living on-site and studying the Russian language. Stressed the use of ethical behavior and appropriate levels of transparency in government.
- Assigned to the Estonian Government; successfully executed responsibilities on diverse business matters including the role of CFO for the privatization and commercial development of a former military port-a $100 million project proposed to create hundreds of jobs in mostly rural communities east of the capital, Tallinn.
- Monitored and advised to prevent a multi-million-dollar financing fraud submitted to U.S. financiers and a major public corporation, while working in Estonia on a proposed $100 million project.
- Coordinated with the Mayor and Officials of Vladivostok to develop a plan for economic transition that would redeploy capital assets, restructure municipal operations and streamline administrative procedures.
- Recruited a team of high school and university students that wanted to learn the English language, provided assistance in translating conversations with local businessmen. University professors utilized for government and other work translations.
A.A., Atlanta, GA, Dallas TX, Managing Director, 1979 - 1993
- Provided general and financial management consulting services to clients in government and various industries including manufacturing, retail, healthcare and financial services.
- Efficiently managed sole engagements and headed teams with less than 10 direct reports.
- Provided project-oriented consulting to achieve specific objectives for cost control and profit improvement.
- Successfully led multiple projects at the same time.
- Merit of having worked for Fortune-listed companies.
Associates Corp. of North America, (Citigroup company), Dallas TX, Audit Manager, 1976 - 1979
- Planned and directed internal audits, assisting with the certified audit and annual report compilation.
- Reviewed all loan policies and procedures and created operational and financial audit programs for all commercial finance operations.
Ernst & Young, Chicago, IL, Senior Auditor and Consultant, 1974 - 1976
- Performed audits of general and mortgage banking and manufacturing clients, also preparing tax returns and SEC reports in conjunction.
- Interpreted and evaluated statistical data for urban planning and other feasibility studies.
Clients and Affiliates
- Associates Corp. of NA - Financial Services and Loans
- Macy's - Retailing and Merchandising
- Deloitte / ACDI/VOCA - Accounting Reform and Training
- Metropolitan Life - Insurance and Investments
- Ernst & Young - Audit and Management Consulting
- PA Consulting / Carana Corp., Energy Sector
- IBFD - Tax, Customs and Anti-Corruption
- KPMG - HIV/AIDS / Infrastructure and Development
- PwC - Public Sector Reform
- TMC / Southern Illinois Healthcare Hospitals
Honors & Publications
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
- MS Office Programs, QuickBooks, IBM and Honeywell Mainframes, SAP Software
- Licensed CPA, Illinois
- Russian-Intermediate Level
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- CPA University of Illinois, Champaign, IL
- B.S. University of Illinois, Carbondale, IL