- System reliability, maintainability, and availability modeling and analysis for the defense and aerospace industries. Example platforms: C-130, C-5, F-16, F-35
- Applied mathematics.
- Statistical modeling and analysis.
- Cost of capability and affordability analysis.
- Technical editing and writing in mathematics and statistics; space and aviation; computer science including big data analytics; general science topics.
- Aging aircraft standard and nonparametric statistical analysis.
- Proposal development and review.
- Applied math research: Fluid dynamics and physics of gases (hybrid airship vulnerability study); topology and fuzzy logic (Lynn-Reagor algorithm); application of Spearman's Rho (a nonparametric measure of statistical dependence) to R&M (Reliability and Maintainability) data analysis; cargo aircraft optimization methods.
- Computer performance evaluation and capacity planning.
Undisclosed Company, Founder, 2014 - Present
- Provide expertise in technical writing and editing, proposal development and review, applied math research, statistical analysis, and business process improvement for the deep space and aviation industries.
- Initial contract, the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Program Office.
- Principal author, JSF Maintenance Data Coding Reference Guide, JSF Technical Documentation Data Module F35-UGP-A0122000104-090A-A.
- Developed multiple regression model to analyze JSF Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) data generation rates as a function of flight and ground hours to estimate total data storage requirements over the life of the program.
- Standard and nonparametric statistical analysis of the JSF PHM data environment, including recommendations for regular reporting of analytic results to track PHM effectiveness.
- Analyzed distribution of false alarms in F-35 PHM data.
- Led development of a response to a NASA SBIR (Small Business Innovative Research) solicitation regarding radiation shielding for small satellites for a small startup in space commerce.
- Provided editing and writing support for multiple government submittals to a company founded by two MIT Professors specializing in big data analytics.
- Served as technical volume editor and contributing writer for a winning proposal led by Southwest Research Institute for one of the Pool 1 Information Analysis Center Multiple Award Contract (IAC MAC) awards from the Defense Technical Information Center.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, Yuma, AZ, 2013 - 2014
- F-35 Reliability and Maintainability (R&M), Site Lead, Marine Corps Air Station
Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Solutions - Defense, Littleton, CO, 2006 - 2013
Systems Engineer Principal
- Assistant Editor, LM OA Today, the internal, peer reviewed Journal Of Operations Research.
- Section author, volume lead, color team reviewer, or technical editor on multiple proposals.
- Led team of programmers and graphics artists in development of the OA (Office of Administration) Portal, the corporate "Face Of Operations Analysis."
- Broad range of program-specific analytic support (R&M Reliability and Maintainability) modeling, affordability, operation and support costs, total ownership cost and life cycle cost).
- Developed and taught courses on R&M (Reliability and Maintainability) and O&S (Operating and Support Cost) Trade Space for corporate Logistics Sustainment Institute.
- Led cost modeling team for Airborne Maritime Fixed - Joint Tactical Radio System (AMF-JTRS) program.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, Marietta, GA, 1992 - 2006
Advanced Development Programs-The Skunk Works, 2001 - 2006
Principal Investigator, Aging Aircraft Research
- Conducted research into the problems of aging aircraft; established working collaborations with the Joint Council on Aging Aircraft (JCAA), NAVAIR Aging Aircraft IPT, and Air Force Total Ownership Cost program office; helped write JCAA Charter.
- Led development of Aging Aircraft Database for rapid retrieval of R&M (Reliability and Maintainability) parameter data for all legacy aircraft.
- Standard and nonparametric statistical analysis of aging aircraft R&M (Reliability and Maintainability) and O&S (Operating and Support Cost) data; developed heuristic for correlation of these data with system components to estimate "cost of complexity."
- Supported new business capture for C-130J by modeling improvement in combat outcome and reduction in campaign costs as functions of improved capabilities compared to those of earlier C 130 models.
- Applied Math Research: fluid dynamics and physics of gases (hybrid airship vulnerability study); topology and fuzzy logic (Lynn-Reagor algorithm); application of Spearman's Rho (a nonparametric measure of statistical dependence) to R&M (Reliability and Maintainability) data analysis; cargo aircraft optimization methods.
- Lead cost analyst, C-5 Reliability Enhancement and Re-engining Program (RERP).
Project Manager-Six Sigma, Customer Support Branch, 1999 - 2001
- Initial project saved company $300,000 per year with no capital investment simply by improving information sharing between departments utilizing existing tools.
Reliability and Maintainability Analyst, Supportability Engineering Division, 1996 - 1998
- R&M (Reliability and Maintainability) Flight Line Engineer, C-130J Flight Test Program; tracked reliability and maintainability issues on flight line against contract requirements.
- Principal author, In-Service R&M (Reliability and Maintainability) Demonstration Plan for the Royal Air Force of Britain.
- Responsible for customer-specific C-130J R&M (Reliability and Maintainability) predictions models for the air forces of Norway, Italy, Australia, Britain, and the United States.
- Responsible for the C-130J FRACAS database, analyzing FRACAS data, and writing monthly USAF FRACAS reports.
Systems Programmer, 1992 - 1995
- Capacity planning and performance evaluation for Unisys mainframe computers including analysis of system, transaction, and application environments; wrote patches to operating system; analyzed system crash dumps; provided general programming and user support.
- Developed routines in assembly language to process time quantities recorded in nanoseconds.
Software & Management Associates, Houston, TX, Applications Programmer, 1990 - 1991
- Developed, maintained, and installed job scheduling software for Unisys computers.
University of Memphis Computer Services, Systems Programmer, 1984 - 1989
- Conducted performance evaluation and capacity planning for Unisys and Digital Equipment Company mainframes including analysis of user, application, transaction, and system environments; analysis of memory, CPU, and I/O utilization; wrote patches to operating system; analyzed system crash dumps; provided general programming support.
- Wrote and edited monthly computer center newsletter; developed user documentation for academic and administrative mainframe computers; developed and taught seminars on use of word processing software.
Honors & Publications
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Assembly language; Oracle VM VirtualBox; Hortonworks Data Platform; FORTRAN; COBOL; C; Pascal; PLUS; LINDO/LINGO; SQL/Oracle; MathCad; MiniTab, R; VBA; proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Georgia Institute Of Technology: Linear, non-linear, and discrete optimization; reliability theory; inventory analysis; standard and nonparametric statistics; queueing theory; analysis of algorithms; linear statistical models; computer performance evaluation; statistical estimation.
- University of Memphis: Finite mathematics, distributed processing, operating systems, microprocessor assembly language, partial differential equations.
- The George Washington University: Formal systems of logic; numerical methods; advanced calculus; named to Pi Mu Epsilon, national mathematics honor fraternity.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Cost Analysis Working Group, Military Operations Research Society: Advisor, and Chair
- Aircraft Airworthiness and Sustainment Conference Steering Committee
- Session Moderator, Aircraft Airworthiness and Sustainment
- Session Moderator, Aging Aircraft Conference
- Executive Secretary, Defense Sustainment Consortium
- More than 40 published articles in computer topics, feature writer for computer users, invited speaker and keynote speaker and propsal writing.
- Not a False Alarm-Military Aviation
- Reliability Analysis of Complex, Integrated Avionics Systems
- Aging Aircraft Health Methodology
- Sustainment of Aging Aircraft
- Metalogistics and the O&S Cost
- Uncertainty & The True Cost Of Complex, Evolving Systems
- M.S. Operations Research, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
- B.S. Mathematics, Christian Brothers University, Memphis, TN