- Packaging and labeling products, processes, product development and quality standards.
- Plastic film converting, identification of markets and new products development.
- Labeling and packaging materials distribution and materials selection.
- Thin Insulating foam products development and marketing in specific to labeling of microwave containers.
- Sales and distribution of HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) and OPP (Oriented Polypropylene) packaging films.
- Develop new metalized film window-film product and processes through sublimating dyes unique heat curing process.
- Provide market intelligence and market identification information to sales teams.
- Shrink labeling materials importing and shrink labeling marketing assessments.
- Specialty graphic arts coatings in the labeling industry.
- Plastic Materials
- Packaging and labeling technology
- Printing and converting
- Market planning
Expert Witness Experience
- Lamination defect. Conducted investigation and provided forensic evidence.
- Trade secret theft. Conducted investigation and provided forensic evidence. Defended patent which was successfully assigned to a major petrochemical company.
Undisclosed Company, Founder and President, 1995 - Present
- Consulting for packaging and labeling companies, including machinery suppliers, printers, and material suppliers.
- Sales agent and distributer of HDPE (High-density polyethylene) and OPP (Oriented Polypropylene) packaging films.
- Develop and market thin, insulating foam products for labeling of microwave containers.
- Assess opportunities in shrink label printing.
- Advised their client, Rotoflex (El Salvador) on material requirements and machine configuration.
- Examined patent status and advise their legal department on several technologies relating to manufacture of OPP.
- Reformulate their range of slip OPP (Polypropylene) film products.
Dixie Toga, Sau Paulo, Brazil
- Advised on the materials and machinery configurations for production of metalized film.
- Authored an exclusive report on shrink labeling and its opportunities.
Biofilm Ltd., Cartagena, Colombia
- Developed a new range of metalizible films.
CP, Bloomfield, NY, 2008 - 2018
Independent Consultant and Sales Agent
- Developed polystyrene based foam insulating label product, including resin selection, process development, and potential customer evaluation.
- Developed market, and initiated sales of product.
- Supervised testing/evaluation of prototypes.
- Continued as sales agent for product.
King Global Enterprises, LLC, Youngstown, OH, Business Partner, 1996 - 2016
- Importing PVC shrink label stock from Korea.
- Visited and evaluated product source in Korea.
- Handled sales, product claims, and sales service to customers.
MWZB, LLP, Arlington, VA, Expert Witness, 1994 - 1996
- Hired for the Defendant (UCB), in patent infringement case.
- Researched prior art, prepared opinion for review by lawyers.
- Attended claimant expert witness depositions.
- Prepared testimony at trial.
Exxon/Mobil Chemical Company, Macedon, NY, 1981 - 1993
Planning Manage, 1982 - 1993
- Provided market intelligence and market identification information to sales force of over 30 people.
- Analyzed and submitted key market information to sales and marketing management
- Researched and provided management with key information on potential new opportunities, including market analysis, financial analysis, and assessment of risks.
Planning Coordinator,1981 - 1992
- Reviewed yearly plans submitted by both Films and Plastics Div. and prepared analyses for top management of Mobil Chemical.
- Accompanied President of Mobil Chemical on review trips to both divisions and participated in division reviews.
Scharr Industries, Bloomfield, CT, VP, Manufacturing-Research and Development, 1980 - 1981
- Ran both production and research and development, supervising about 20 people.
- Developed new metalized film window-film product and process utilizing sublimating dyes unique heat curing process.
Mobil Chemical Company, 1970 - 1980
- Provided several positions: Manager Commercial Development, Development Engineer and Technical Superintendent for various locations: Fairport, NY, Macedon, NY and Stratford CT.
- Market planning for the Films Division,at Basin Park HQ, researched potential opportunities, and provided presentations for Marketing Management.
- Research market and developed new products for the Films Division, with 40 patents.
- Ran technical support dept., including 4 engineers in support of the Stratford plant.
E.I DuPont de Nemours, Wilmington, DE, Research Engineer, 1969 - 1970
- Developed process and product for new ion exchange material under contract for NASA.
U.S. Army, Edgewood Arsenal, MD, 1st Lt. Planning Officer, 1967 - 1969
- Classified Project involving deployment of forces.
Olin Corporation, New Haven, CT and Pisgah Forest, NC, Research Engineer, 1963-1966
- Developed process to manufacture new rocket fuel compound under contract to U.S. Airforce.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- President, Label and Packaging Suppliers Council
- Board Member, LPIA (Label Printing Industries of America)
- Coordinated Fall Technical Meeting of PLGA (Packaging and Label Gravure Association)
- Responsible for coordination of LPIA Technical Institute Program
- Speaker for PLGA Conference "Impact of New Print Technologies on Material
Publications and Patents
- Author and Co-Author of numerous publications with the topics in: Shrink Label, Sleeve and Roll on Shrink, Industry Studies and Industry Applications.
- Many patents in the areas: Modified Polymer, Polypropylene Film, Oriented Polypropylene Film Substrate, Acrylic Coated/Polyvinylidene Chloride Coated Polyolefin film
- M.S. Chemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO