Industrial Ventilation, Air Pollution Control and Mining Mechanical Engineering Design Expert
Technical Consultant #2450
- Design and Application Engineer for various industrial plants and projects.
- MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration); miner training, mine entry of all types and emergency management for incident command systems.
- Air pollution control system design and operation.
- Recruit, train and management of manufacturers' representatives.
- Application Engineer for air pollution control and dry bulk material handling systems.
- Design of equipment plans and functions.
- Sales management process equipment: Mining, power, cement, grain and chemical industries.
- Dust collection system design, start up and operator training.
- Incident command system: Liaison Officer, Incident Communications Manager and status check-In.
- Process Equipment Systems: Start up , troubleshooting , retrofit and commissioning.
- Design and retrofit of cement plant processing clinker coolers.
Expert Witness Experience
- Expert Witness: Involving misapplied dust collection system equipment.
Undisclosed Company, Proprietor, 2004 - Present
- Manufacturers' Representative Firm providing strategic sales of air pollution control systems, dust collection and mitigation, stack gas monitoring instrumentation.
- Product recommendation and product offering.
- Developed subsidiary company, providing consultation services on Industrial Ventilation System Design, Performance, Operation and Maintenance for both new and existing equipment.
- Professional Witness on air Pollution technology Applications.
- Serve as Customer Support Specialist for companies represented both through phone, email and field visits.
- Serve as mediator between clients and manufacturers on equipment, contract, and organizational issues.
- Dry bulk material conveying system design (pneumatic and mechanical); feeding, metering and storage.
Fuller Bulk Handling, (various divisions and locations), 1991 - 2003
Western District Sales Manager, 2001 - 2003
- Sales Manager for line of pneumatic conveying technology and sliding vane compressors.
- Hire, manage, motivate and train a network of Manufacturers Representatives.
- Extensive sales promotion travels in the 13 most Western States to major facilities in the; cement, power, mining, gypsum, lime, fly ash, copper, alumina, gold, waste water, mineral processing and oil - gas Industries.
- Manage service centers in assigned territory. Chaired meetings to negotiate service agreements between clients, sales representatives and equipment end users.
- Managed training program for sales representatives, in the design and operation of pneumatic conveying systems.
- Review commercial terms to communicate; legal issues and risks, to senior legal and accounting management.
Senior Design Engineer: Clinker Cooler Systems Engineering, Bethlehem, PA, 1994 - 1997
- Design Team Leader: Cement Manufacturing Cooler Designs and Modifications.
- Structural design of process equipment, including stress analysis and welding design.
- Design of hydraulic drive systems and applied mechanics for the design of weldment support structures.
- Developed Design Standards and Documentation for ISO Registration.
- Generating, approving and enacting: blueprints, site layouts, specifications, and construction methods.
- Solo operation as company 'diplomat' in third world countries: Identifying, documenting and resolving equipment design and operational issues. Including the onsite direction of repair and refurbishment operations.
- Worked across cultural boundaries to diffuse distressed clients to accept alternative views and work for common goal.
Application Engineer Air Pollution Control, Bethlehem, PA (Fuller - Kovako), 1991 - 1994
- Sizing, design and pricing of air pollution control systems (bag houses, wet scrubbers and cyclones).
- Responsible for providing systems that assure EPA compliance.
- Development and writing of course training materials for presentation to Sales Agents and corporate employees.
- Design and procurement of specialized pressure vessels fabricated from conventional and exotic materials.
- Proficiency in the sizing of explosion suppression, prevention and relief systems for explosive powders per National Fire Protection Association ( NFPA ) guidelines.
J.C.C., Sheriff's Office, Incident Manager, 2002 - Present
- Team Incident Management: Type 3 for the Office of Emergency Management.
- Incident Communications Manager; supervise Incident communications staff, maintain unit's metrics and records.
- Status Check in Recorder: Vet and track resources responding to a wildland fire or all hazards incident.
- Deploy, set up, and staff county mobile communications van. Issue, program and field maintain cache of government owned radios.
- National Incident Management Systems course work completed towards Liaison Officer and Safety Officer.
- Participated in response to: wildland fires, vaccine distribution, flood, and reception of Katrina evacuees.
Schenck Weighing Systems, Golden CO, Western Regional Sales Manager, 1999 - 2001
Sales Manager for a line of heavy industry weigh systems.
- Interviewed, selected and trained a network of Sales Representatives.
- Applications and proposal preparation.
- Strategic planning of Sale Representatives training based on outcome oriented metrics.
- Prepare training curriculum, procedures and training methods of class room and field training programs.
- Identified all heavy industry facilities in 11 Western States and established appropriate rapport with key contacts.
GEA Integrated Cooling Technologies, Inc., Lakewood, CO, Applications Manager, 1998 - 1998.
- Manager of Applications with a staff Engineers, preparing Cooling Tower Proposals.
- Cooling tower process design and development of technical proposal to meet client specifications.
- Responsible for post contract cost analysis and updating cost database.
- Bid Solicitation, Negotiations and Project planning with Electrical and Mechanical Subcontractors.
- Key Member of Standards Committee, identifying and implementing product design enhancements.
Diamonex Optical Products Group, (Monsanto), Allentown, PA, Facilities Engineer, 1998 - 1998
- Managed simple to complex, clean room design modification projects in compliance to ISO 5 standards.
- Identified need for, specified and enacted Boiler Water Treatment Program.
- Authored plant emergency response and evacuation plan.
Borough of Northampton, PA, Management, 1992 - 1996
- Public Service to Mayor, fulfilling the Emergency Management Coordinator role.
- Selected Staff Members and Managed Emergency Operations Center.
- Formed unified command structure for municipal agencies in conflict resolutions.
- Authored and implemented Municipal Emergency Operations Plan to assure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, including the direction and management of requirements for continuity of operations.
- Developed functional relationships with: Stake holders, Emergency Responders and State and Local Officials.
- Initiated, developed, designed and coordinated training exercises with; Fire, Law Enforcement, First Aid Squad, Fire-Police volunteers, Steak Holders and Municipal Elected Officials.
Micron Powder Systems and MikroPul, Summit, NJ, 1988 - 1991
Regional Manager Process Equipment and Air Pollution Control Groups
- Sales, service and installation of pulverizing, dust collecting, mixing and analytical laboratory systems.
- Design of Pulverizing and Dilute Phase Pneumatic Conveying systems, including inert.
- Presentation of process and Capital Equipment to Plant Engineering and Management Prospects.
- Routinely receive visitors to host their visit for witnessing laboratory testing and equipment performance.
Waltron Ltd., Aqualert Division, Whitehouse, NJ, 1987 - 1988
Water Chemistry Analyst - High Pressure Boilers
- Responsible for all applications of Waltron's product line.
- Authored Training and Operation Manuals for clients and representatives.
- Coordinated : advertising, press releases, magazine ads, direct mailings and trade shows.
Honors & Publications
- Professional Engineer, Pennsylvania - Licensed
- Coursework Electrical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- G-290 Public Information Officer (PIO)
- L-965 Liaison Officer (LOFR) All Hazards
- ICS-400 Advanced Incident Command System for Command and General Staff, Complex Incidents
- ICS-300 Incident Command System: Intermediate
- PER-320 Personal Protective Measures for Biological Events
- S-248 Status Check in Recorder (SCKN) and Demobilization Unit Leader (DEMOB)
- Resource: Ordering, Receiving & Distribution All Hazards
- Staging Area Manager (STAM) All Hazards
- IS-244 Developing and Managing Volunteers
- IS-27 Orientation to FEMA Logistics
- IS-42: Social Media in Emergency Management
- IS-26 Guide to Points of Distribution
- S-190 Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior
- S-130 Wildland Firefighter Training including fire shelter deployment and fire line field exercise
- Spanish - conversation
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- National Science Foundation Oceanographic Research Grant
- Elected Fellow - The Explorers Club, NYC
- Author of article: Sizing of Explosion Vents
- Training and Operations for Employee and Customer Instructional Manuals.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineer, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, NJ