- Borosilicate pharmaceutical (technical support for Type I glass containers Borosilicate glass-neutral glass) expert for parenteral packaging as well as barrier film expertise for the packaging of sensitive solid dose drugs.
- Inorganic glass material for pharmaceutical sectors (mostly silicates) or mixture of materials when heated up then cooled, solidifying without crystallization.
- Technical review of Type I glass suitable for packaging material in most preparations whether parenteral or non-parenteral, (containing strong acids and alkalis).
- All syringe formats, vials, cartridges, ampules, injectors and injector systems.
- Barrier films as blister and specific packaging to maintain shelf life in shifting environmental conditions.
- Parenteral packaging that includes: syringes, auto injectors, pharmaceutical glass, rubber, vials, cartridges, ampules, glass tubing as well as the process, technical properties, market, growth, new concepts and technologies that impact this segment.
- Barrier film and foil packaging for solid dose and capsule packaging.
Undisclosed Company, Strategic Business Development Director, 2014 - Present
- Leading and developing a global business tactical platform to align business growth in the Americas from established relationships in other parts of the world.
- The business segment includes pharmaceutical, medical and biotechnology growth markets that require highly sensitive primary package materials.
- Align mature customer bases in Europe, Asia and other parts of the world to grow market share in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Latin America.
- Position and drive highest technical quality PVC, PCVD, barrier films and technologies to increase customer through-put, production value and compliance.
- Develop strategy to engage problem solving customer teams to drive collaborative initiatives, data collection and enhanced regulatory positioning with customers that value a qualitative approach to output.
- Lead business growth through collaborative technology development and concept innovation to support current and future market requirements.
NIPRO Glass Americas, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, 2011 - 2014
- Led the glass tubing and glass converted container division that consisted of vials, ampules, cartridges and syringes with a starting value of $75 million dollars.
- Led six regional sales managers and customer service team in key business functions including business and region development, positioning concept and value, contract negotiations, new business gains, pricing and pipeline development.
- Initiated North American business turn-around strategy for an acquired pharmaceutical glass manufacturing company with 17 Global production and research and development facilities.
- Strategically defined actions to support portfolio base growth that includes vials, syringes, cartridges, ampules and glass tubing for conversion that serve the pharmaceutical, biotech, CMO, diagnostic, technical and veterinary health markets.
- Achieved a 24% growth in the glass tubing segment.
- Aligned internal vision, market approach and initiatives to support the challenging regulatory requirements of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Developed and lead sales team to approach and manage solutions-based actions and approach to increase value and customer experience.
- Drove bottom-line profitability and positioned to achieve top-line objectives.
- Responsible for all commercial activity, strategy and profitability.
- Lead sales team to achieve strategic growth milestones.
- Grew total business from $75 million to $85 million in two years.
- Positioned strong future business growth and turnaround thru business re alignment and strategic investment.
Datwyler Pharma Packaging, Sales Director, 2010 - 2012
- Directed strategic, operational and growth activities for sales, marketing and customer service to serve the pharmaceutical and biotech market segment.
- Responsible for sales and marketing functions of a $70 million USD business of Pharmaceutical elastomer business.
- Achieved growth plan of annual 15% total business and 14 EBIT/20 EBITA each year.
- Customer portfolio includes 92% of all local and global big pharma, biotech, contract fillers as well as device manufacturers such as BD, Schott, Ompi, GX, Stelmi, etc., and smaller development and research and development group as well.
- Developed existing and new sales team, sales support, project managers, customer service and program managers to approach market with a strategic partner concept.
Schott Pharmaceutical Packaging, Lebanon, PA, Sales Manager, 2005 - 2010
- Regional Sales manager responsible to manage sales of high quality and high value vials, ampules, cartridges and syringes to the pharmaceutical and biotech markets.
- Maximized sales growth by 197%, over $ 10 million gain from $11 million baseline by positioning a technical value approach and total cost of ownership.
- Primary focus, the region from Montreal, Canada and Puerto Rico as well of selected global accounts. Customers include, Merck, Wyeth, Schering Plough, J&J, Pfizer, Baxter, BMS, GSK, Novartis as well as key contract fillers as DSM, Baxter, and Hospira.
- Supported U.S. manufacturing site to grow from 5 to 7 day operation and additional capital investments to optimize strategic market position to best serve customer base.
- Managed growth pipeline in pace with production growth and syringe development initiative.
- Drove collaborative business relationships focusing on throughput value and overall customer efficiency, performance and compliance.
- Designed and negotiated value-added multi-year contracts and supply agreements.
- Contract negotiation and management certification.
- Project management and Lean Six Sigma sales certifications.
- Total cost of ownership approach.
The Glass Group (Wheaton), Pharmaceutical Division, Millville, NJ, Account Manager, 2003 - 2005
- Recruited into organization to expand and manage regional pharmaceutical molded bottle sales with key accounts in the East coast region of the U.S., Caribbean and global targets.
- Grew sales to the biotech and pharmaceutical industry $15 million baseline to 19 million in less than a year.
- Customers included GSK, Merck, J&J, Pfizer, BMS and Wyeth. Success was illuminated through deep contacts at the R&D level through the corporate level.
- New business was realized through engaged in partnered projects by developing deep, on-site and collaborative relationships.
- Managed internal/external sales groups.
- Operated above 130% plan each year.
Gerresheimer/Kimble Glass, Pharma group, Vineland. NJ, 2000 - 2003
- Account Representative
Northeast Treatment Center, New Castle, DE, 1992 - 2000
- Program Director
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Parenteral Drug Association - PDA
- Health and Care Professions Council - HCPC
- M.S.W. Social Work, Delaware State College, Dover, DE
- B.S. Communications, Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, VA