- Domestic and international field service and troubleshooting for municipalities, major chemical producers, refineries and petroleum manufactures.
- Boiler and cooling water, chemical cleaning, waste water treatment, process chemical treatment, paper chemicals treatment, oil production chemicals, and municipal water preparation.
- Designed and service water treatment programs (I.e., Isomax) waste heat boilers and cooling system.
- Problem corrections problems from previous activities and vendors, resolved issues caused by flow-assisted corrosion, fatigue corrosion and other related issues.
Refinery and Petrochemical Systems
- Metallurgy, materials selection and equipment design problems.
- -Problems exaggerated due to process contamination.
- Waste water treatment systems, including API separators, DAF systems, IAF systems, and biological treatment plants.
- Recovery of waste water as cooling tower make up.
- Refinery and petrochemical process corrosion and deposition.
Electric Utility Steam Systems
- Economizer, boiler, and super heater deposit and corrosion problems.
- Unusual condensate corrosion problems.
- Steam purity problems.
- Velocity and multiple phase flow-accelerated corrosion phenomena.
- Iron, steel and basic metals systems.
- Low flow, high heat flux applications, blast furnace and continuous caster systems.
HVAC Systems - Commercial and Institutional Structures
- Corrosion, deposition, and biological problems.
- Issues involving improper equipment design and materials selection.
Oil Production Systems-Steam Floods
- Dissolved air flotation systems.
- Clarification and filtration processes.
- Boiler feedwater preparation.
- Cooling and wastewater applications.
- Projects involved boiler, cooling and wastewater processing.
- Litigation and legislative support across all industries.
Expert Witness Experience
- Legionellosis litigation.
- Corrosion in a Boston residential tower.
- Aluminum Boilers.
Undisclosed Company, Principal Consultant, 2004 - Present
- Provides Legionella Risk Management, Expert Witness, and Water Treatment Consulting Services on a nationwide basis.
- Water system performance audits.
- Vendor performance audits vs. specifications.
- Video fiber optic and ultrasound wall thickness inspections.
- Facility water system reliability studies and energy audits.
- Heat exchanger efficiency studies.
- Startup and layup specifications and supervision.
- Inspections of failed equipment.
- Water and deposit sample analysis.
- Analysis and interpretation of log data.
- Forward-looking recommendations.
- Technical literature preparation.
- Complete inorganic and organic analyses.
- Microbiological analyses.
- Metallurgical inspections and testing.
- Resin and membrane testing.
- Legionella bacteria testing.
- On-site customized operator training.
- Custom training presentations.
- Performance oriented water treatment specifications.
- RFP development.
- Evaluations of vendor proposals.
- Chemical formulation analysis and specifications.
- Product development and formulation.
- Field evaluations of new products.
Chemisis, Inc., San Diego, CA
- President and Chairman
Aqua Serv Engineers, Los Angeles, CA
- Vice President, Industrial Group
Zimmite Corporation, Cleveland, OH
- Vice President, Marketing and Sales
Baltimore Aircoil Co., Jessup, MD
Chemicals Marketing Manager
Calgon Corporation, Pittsburgh, PA
- Group Manager, Corrosion Inhibitors
- Product Manager, Cooling Water Treatment Chemicals; Assistant Product Manager, Boiler Water Treatment Chemicals
Arco Performance & Betz Entec
- District Manager and Area Manager
Betz Entec & Olin.
- District Representative
Pittsburgh Plate Glass Co., Springdale, PA
- Laboratory Technician, Raw Materials Lab
United States Environmental Protection Agency
Honors & Publications
- Post Graduate, Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh
- Post Graduate, Business Administration, George Washington University
- PE- California Registered Professional Corrosion Engineer
- Certified Corrosion Specialist, The National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE)
- Certified - USDC/NOAA/FDA joint HACCP Quality Management Program Implementation Specialist
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Cooling Tower Institute (CTI),Various positions: President, Vice President, Chairman of the Water Treatment Committee, and Member of Board of Directors.
- Association of Water Technologies (AWT), former Member of Board of Directors.
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE), former Vice Chairman, Chairman-Elect of Committee T-7A, Corrosion by Cooling Water, and National Symposium Chairman.
- International Water Conference (IWC), Advisory Board, Recipient of the IWC Award of Merit
- ASME, Member of Thermal Research Committee, Sub-Committee on Industrial Boiler Chemistry.
- AISE, Member.
- Author and Co-Author with subjects; in cooling tower cycles, recirculating treatment water, and synthesis of Benzenes.
- M.B.A. University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- B. S. Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA