- Formulation of chemical products in the Cosmetics Industry- soaps, cleaners, powders, and other products.
- Chemical products formulations used in the Auto and Marine Industries; marine cylinder lubricants and lubricants additives.
- Photoresist formulations used in printed circuit board manufacturing.
- Formulation of UV (Ultra Violet) coatings and inks.
- Formulation and development of consumer products for the household and commercial cleaning products sectors.
- Electroplating of metals; copper, tin, gold, nickel, tin and lead combined.
- Manufacturing of printed circuit boards, all processes mechanical and chemical.
- Green chemistry formulation.
- Analytical Methods using; ICP-OES, TOC, UV and VIS Instruments.
- Electroless deposition of copper, nickel, immersion gold and other metals.
Undisclosed Company, President and Director, 2002 - Present
Research and Development
- Serving various clients: Total M.S., Air Liquide, Delta Faucet, Dow Chemical Co., Tradebe, Environmental Services LLC/Pollution Control Industries Inc., TTM Technologies Inc.
- Develop a technology outsourcing company specializing in research and development and analytical studies.
- Testing Services assisting clients the development of next generation products.
- Formulation chemistry: Formulation work is based on the understanding of the objective with an ability to bring together the chemistry in a developed functional formula or combination of formulas.
- Combinational formulas are sequenced together in a series of steps to produce a desired outcome.
- Developments in formulation chemistry through in depth understanding of the many aspects of chemical compounds and determining compatibility and how they may be combined.
- Developed patented alternative marine cylinder lubricant chemistry for the neutralization of acid formation in marine diesel engines.
- Process developed for the removal halogenated hydrocarbons such as chloroform, chlorobenzene, trichloroethylene, (and others) from a re-cycling process of petroleum based hydrocarbons to capture certain petroleum distillates.
- The distillates are the building blocks for various products these materials are used as a raw material replacement at a lower cost.
Green Chemistry Development
Development of several "Green Chemistry" formulations as alternatives to existing products used in the electronic manufacturing industry.
- These formulations were used in removal and cleaning of epoxy/acrylate based coatings.
- Development of a combinational process which consists of 8 chemical formulations that metallize a molded plastic with adhesion properties equivalent to the standard process while eliminating the use of a hazardous oxidizer.
Sulfuric Acid Alternatives
- Development of a sulfuric acid alternative used in fume scrubber neutralization in waste treatment.
TTM Technologies/Via Systems Inc., Director of Engineering, 1995 - 2002
- As Director for a major printed circuit board manufacturing company with responsibilities for all phases of the processes.
- Entailed from the Inner layer to the outer layer processes into electrical test and final inspection.
- Engineering duties included defect reduction/ yield improvement, process control, process development process improvement. These output measurements were implemented into each step as well the overall manufacturing process to provide an accurate yield of the process.
Implemented the following:
Developed Design Guidelines
- For front end planning engineering based on the determination of each process's capability window through Design of Experiments and other testing.
- Establish the manufacturing process as it related to the specific capability of each step.
- Requirements outside of the process capability were areas for improvement or development.
- Implemented the use of process controls for all wet chemistry, mechanical and electrical process steps.
- The establishment of upper and lower controls limits defined the tolerances of the process to produce acceptable results.
Key Process Input Variable-Key Process Output Variable (KPIV - KPOV)
- Determined KPIV and KPOV for each process that could be used and measured on a frequent basis to determine the process compliance as well as the output being produced for the next manufacturing step.
- Increased the Inner layer yields from 87 to 97% and the Outer layer Yields from 72 to 86%.
DOW Chemical Co., Marlborough, MA, Principal Chemist, 1989 - 1995
- Responsible for the research and development of next generation products to be use in the printed circuit board manufacturing process.
- Developed and improved formulations; cationic conditioner, photoresists, liquid positive and negative, direct metallization process, an alternative to electroless copper.
- Project team management, raw material development, DOEs, formulation charts, manufacturing charts, and QC/QA procedures.
- Created a low-cost compound to replace the PAC in a positive phenolic based photoresist, resulting in the positive photoresist cost competitive with other liquid resists.
- Developed a direct metallization process to replace the electroless copper process used in printed circuit board manufacturing.
Honors & Publications
- English-Native language
- Chinese-Mandarin speak with some competence
- Spanish-Speak, read and write with basic competence
- Various patents in coatings, electroplating, metal cladding and surface metals.
- M.B.A. Business Administration, Nichols College, Dudley, MA
- B.S. Chemistry Science, (Math-Minor) University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA