- Research and development of cosmetic and personal care products and ingredients.
- Research and development of natural products and extracts.
- Analytical method development (HPLC, HPTLC, UV-Vis, NMR, FT-IR, DSC, TGA).
- Skin care, sun care, make-up and hair care formulation.
- UV filter recrystallization.
- Sensory panels, physical-chemical and rheological assessment.
- Intellectual property documentation.
- Cosmetic science and technology trainings.
- Technical training and support to sales personnel.
- Future studies and scenario planning.
- Product launch and event planning.
Undisclosed University, Postdoctoral Fellow, 2016 - Present
- Research project management in various topics.
- Development and characterization of more sustainable and safer polymers and polymer additives.
- Synthesis and purification of Bisphenol A (BPA) alternative chemicals.
- Development of a method to predict UV filters recrystallization in sunscreens.
- Analytical methods development.
Independent Consultant, 2016 - 2017
- Project: Content Coordinator (Cosmetica em Foco)
- Provide experience and knowledge in more than 50 articles utilized by various companies, professionals (Ph.D. level), and students addressing the businesses and technologies as it pertains to cosmetic formulators, topics, trends the issues concerned in cosmetic for further review and publishing.
Inolex, Philadelphia, PA, Research Chemist, Research and Development, 2015 - 2017
- Assignments included working with the application team to develop innovative personal care and cosmetic formulations (sun, skin and hair care; color cosmetics etc.) showcasing functional ingredients, such as polymers, film formers, emollient esters, alternative preservation systems, botanical extracts, delivery systems, colorants and a plethora of other cosmetic ingredients.
- Adapted in validation of numerous analytical methods later implemented into research and development routines.
- Collaborated launched the ClariSilk™ and PhytoTrace™ products.
- Wrote two draft patent applications which were later filed in the USA and other PCT countries.
- Facilitated the communication and processes among INOLEX USA, INOLEX Brazil and the French subsidiary IES Labo.
- Provided technical support to decision making when acquiring and/or licensing new technologies/business.
- Held technical training presentations to the sales team.
UNESCO, Paris, France, Intern, Foresight Section, 2014
- General assistance at the Foresight Section in the sector of Social and Human Sciences.
- Worked closely with issues such as the Future of Cities, Food and Education.
- Responsible for a study about the relation of anticipation and identity with the behaviors and expectations of cosmetics consumers.
Solabia Biotechnology, Maringa, Brazil, Research and Development Analyst, 2009 - 2010
- Research and development of new ingredients for personal care and cosmetics; Superextrato® de Goiaba (Guava Super-extract).
- Development of analytical methods for the research and development routine.
- Formulation of emulsions and gel-creams.
Honors & Publications
- Native Portuguese
- Fluent English
- Professional French
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Brazilian Association of Cosmetic Science
- Founder and President of an entity that hosts an international scientific conference with funds raised for future symposia
- Finalist at REVEAL Innovation Lab for L'Oreal International
- Recognition-Honorary; Brazilian Congress of Cosmetic Science
Publications and Patents
- Author of publications in the skin care, cosmetics and medical industries.
- Ph.D. Sciences (Medicines and Cosmetics), University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
- M.B.A. Business Management, University of Maringa, Maringa, Brazil
- BPharm Pharmacy, University of Maringa, Maringa, Brazil