- Operational excellence services in capital management, due diligence, organizational design and industrial safety improvements, manufacturing and operations efficiency.
- Global operational manufacturing, supply chain, finance, engineering, continuous improvement and EHS.
- Building high performing, cross functional teams, and cultivating effective working relationships.
- Project management
- Continuous improvement
- International business
- Industrial safety
- Cost control
- Collaborative team building
Undisclosed Company, Principal, Present
- Providing capital project management, due diligence, manufacturing and operations efficiency, organizational design and industrial safety improvements.
- Pharmaceutical vial inspection efficiency improvement process to double productivity with a payback.
- Integrate a zero-emission material transfer system for potent compound manufacturing designed for improved EHS conditions in manufacturing.
- Leading capital projects for a client that include a 50,000 SF building sprinkler system and lobby refurbishment.
- Managing and sourcing a pharmaceutical compounding process to secure significant additional in client revenue.
Johnson Matthey, Wayne, PA, Director, 2011 - 2017
Global Operations Director, 2015 - 2017
- Reporting to the Division President with operational responsibility for (9) global manufacturing sites employing over 1000.
- Revenue base of $700 million, that included an operations cost base of $280 million in both union and non-union facilities.
- Established a matrixed global operations team from bolt-on acquisitions to maximize divisional efficiencies.
- Led reduction of working capital by $21 million over 12 months period through new supply chain alignment project, inventory turns analysis and redefining stock replenishment levels.
- Drove global manufacturing asset base review to improve OEE and support changes in business strategy.
- Delivered $8 million of continuous improvement savings across global fixed and variable costs through energy reduction programs, re-deployment of labor and six sigma efficiencies resulting in a 4.5% savings against budget.
Group Operational Excellence Director, 2011-2015
- Led reduction of global LTIIR (Lost Time Injury Incident Rate), or and (TRIIR Total Recordable Incident Rate) 42% over 18-month period, through targeted global training programs, internal audits and improved visibility of metrics.
- Re-aligned global occupational health program to align with geographical constraints and laws governing employee health and wellness.
- Oversaw energy reduction of 4.1% across the company portfolio with global sustainability initiatives and site evaluations.
- Designed and implemented global program to drive manufacturing efficiency across all divisions targeting areas in people, efficiency, technology and engineering.
- Realized improvement in company cost/sales ratio of 2.8% across all businesses.
- Advanced Manufacturing Excellence program with targeted lean initiatives and executive level training.
North American Operations, West Deptford, NJ, Director, 2003 - 2011
Director - Chemicals, Catalysts and Refining
- Direct performance for two precious metal chemical plants (West Deptford, NJ; Sevierville, TN) with over 300 union and non-union employees.
- Managed over $80 million operating budgets, $3 billion in working capital, environmental health and safety compliance, labor contract negotiations, sustainability initiatives, new plant development implementation and new business commercialization projects.
- Led design, construction and start-up of new chemicals manufacturing plant in Shanghai, China
- Drove the development and implementation of a new refining process resulting in $14 million of new revenue.
Environmental Tectonics Inc., Southampton PA, 1999 - 2000
- Process Simulation Division Manager
Johnson Matthey Environmental Products, Devon, PA, 1996 - 1999
- Product Specialist
Johnson Matthey Emission Control Technologies, Wayne, PA, 1992 - 1996
- Senior Project Engineer
Handy & Harman Tube Co., Norristown, PA, 1989 - 1992
- Plant Engineer
ALP Lighting Products, Pennsauken, NJ, 1987 -1989
- Manufacturing Engineer
Honors & Publications
- Executive Program in Corporate Strategy- University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
- Executive Leadership Development- London Business School, London England
- Kaizen Foundations - The Kaizen Institute, Japan
- MBA Business Management, Penn State University, University Park, PA
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Penn State University, University Park, PA