- Veterinary and surgical anatomy in domestic species.
- Animal and human anatomical variation studies, impacting medical device development and testing in success and failure.
- Human anatomy.
- Human and animal physiology, histology and pathology.
- Canine cardiac anatomy and implications of pacemaker and cardiac catheter use in dogs in veterinary medicine and biomedical research.
- Human cadaver dissection.
Independent Consultant, 2016 - 2017
- Preparation of a technical report on the comparative anatomy of the human and porcine bowel that addressed some abnormal pathological findings at necropsy,For a biomedical research company in, St. Paul, MN).
Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon GA, 2013 - Present
Associate Professor of Anatomy, Division of Biomedical Sciences
- Anatomy teaching faculty to medical students in the anatomy lab during cadaver dissections by 1st and 2nd year medical students.
- Tutor for 1st and 2nd year medical students during various PBL (Problem based learning) sessions.
- Teach a graduate level Embryology course to master students.
Director of the Anatomical Donor Program
- Ensure that all donation forms/records are kept up-to-date with respect to changes in school, university, state and federal policies.
- Serve as liaison between the donors, their families and MUSM.
- Determine to accept or reject a donation, due to a physical or medical condition, e.g. presence of hepatitis, HIV-AIDS, tuberculosis at any time, MRSA infection present at death, etc.
- Coordinate transfer of a donor from a medical facility to funeral home and then to medical school.
- Monitor effectiveness of our embalming procedures/supplies and recommend any changes in chemistry or process by our contract morticians as necessary.
- Coordinate use of cadavers for any MUSM-affiliated education program, Navicent Health or Coliseum residences, (other appropriate medical agencies).
Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC, 2009 - 2012
Associate Professor, Department of Biology
- Course Instructor for Undergraduate Anatomy and Physiology courses.
- Course Instructor for Graduate Neuroanatomy and Advanced Skeletal Anatomy courses.
- Course Instructor for Undergraduate Biology course and lab and Senior Capstone course.
Animal Care and Use Committee Member, 2004 - 2010
- Served a three-year term as Chair of the Committee
Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, 2003 - 2009
Instructor, Department of Biology, 2002 - 2003
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Anatomical Sciences Education Journal (ASE)
- Anatomia Histologia Embryologia (AHE)
- SOJ Veterinary Sciences
- Author and Co-Author of articles in peer reviewed journals and text book chapters
- Ph.D. Veterinary Anatomy, Animal Science, University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, TN
- M.S. Veterinary Anatomy, Animal Science, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- B.S. Biology, Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC