- 40 years of experience in the petroleum refining industry.
- Refinery processing lubricating oils.
- Solvent Dewaxing and Residual Oil Deasphalting.
- Course Trainer for the Mobil and ExxonMobil Lube Refining Technology.
- Lube oil processing technologies producing lube base stocks, and high level of expertise in the physical separation processes.
- "Hands-on" process engineering experience in Crude Distillation, Delayed Coking, (non-lube) Residual Oil Deasphalting, Reforming, Hydrocracking and Hydrogen Plants.
- Separation Service Processes; research advisory in Liquid-Liquid Extraction, Crystallization and Solid-Liquid Separation.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Engineering Advisor II, Present
Exxon/Mobile, Independent Consulting
- Providing over 40 years of service at various sites.
- Lead instructor, course developer and course organizer.
- Provide research fundamentals, process design, operation, optimization, Hazard Analysis & Operability (HAZOP) studies and product quality control of refinery units.
Lead Process Engineer
- Lead engineering for a Capital Project Cost Estimation and Scheduling, that included; design and startup of refinery capital projects, ranging from small refinery projects to a grass roots international lube refinery.
Baytown Texas Assignment
- A Process Engineer in the Mobil Technology Company and its predecessor, Mobil Research and Development Corporation.
Quench Oils Project
- Executing the processes in: Lube Oil and Wax Hydrofinishing and Hydrotreating, Solvent Extraction Processes, Solvent Dewaxing Processes, Catalytic Dewaxing Processes and Residual Oil Deasphalting.
- AEA Technology - Separation Processes Services an international consortium of major oil and chemical companies engaged in basic chemical engineering research and was originally part of the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority.
- Served as the Mobil representative on the Separation Service Processes research advisory panels in Liquid-Liquid Extraction, Crystallization and Solid-Liquid Separation.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA