- Process engineering tailored to the petrochemical industries with specific focus to: Commissioning, and construction of heavy oil upgrading facilities, particularly coking, (all aspects); early project planning through detailed engineering and start-up, operations, and troubleshooting.
- Coking technologies for residual conversion incorporating significant amount of solids handling, and a broad range of process engineering in fluid coking including solids fluidization.
- Unit engineer for; operations and facilities improvements, follow-up data analysis for flexicoker, and prototypes.
- Coordinate the completion of construction and start-up as a Chemical Engineer, in Fluid Coker C-902 Gas Compressor Commissioning.
- Direct engineering support on site, project management, chemical engineer for Coker Rebuild Construction and start-up.
- Expansion completion projects, unit turnaround, restart from a Chemical Engineering prospective applicable to flexicoking.
- Coordinated vendor selection and FEL, design, construction and start-up as a Lead Process Engineer in delayed coking unit project and start-up.
- Support for multiple turnarounds during shutdown, turnaround and start-up as a Lead Process Engineer, (Flexicoking Unit Turnarounds).
- Detailed engineering to construction and through start-up of the unit as a Lead Process Engineer, (Flexicoking).
- Working with clients: Exon/Mobile, Hellenic Petroleum, domestic and international; Germany, Venezuela, and Greece.
Undisclosed Engineering Firm, Present
- As a Commercial Technology Leader, providing; process engineering, commissioning and construction of heavy oil upgrading, with particular focus to: Residue processing, coker rebuilds, flexicoking expansion and unit turnarounds.
- Responding to numerous assignments in Synthetic Fuels for shale oil development.
Special Projects and Field Consulting
Hellenic Petroleum, Greece. Project Lead, 2008 - 2012
- Flexicoking Unit Project and Start-up.
- Lead process support to detailed engineering, construction, and start-up.
Syncrude Canada Ltd., Processing Engineer, 2006 - 2009
- Completion of construction project through start-up.
- Reactor Modifications Project
Esso Station, Germany, Troubleshooting, 2000 - 2002
- Onsite and offsite support for unit operations.
Bechtel, Baytown, TX, 1998 - 2001
- Delayed Coking Unit (DCU) Project and Start-up
- Lead process support to vendor selection, FEL, design, construction, and start-up.
- Providing worldwide experience to ExxonMobile's delayed coker, fluid coker; and flexicoker support.
Rotterdam, Netherlands, (ExxonMobil Research), 1988 - 2010
- Onsite support for shutdown, turnaround and restart.
Baytown, TX, (ExxonMobile Chemical Company), 1996
- For the Unit Expansion project provided completion of expansion project during unit turnaround through restart.
Baton Rouge, TX, (Exxon Corporation), 1994 - 1995
- Direct engineering support in project management team for construction through start-up for the East Coker Rebuild Construction.
Rotterdam, Netherlands, (ExxonMobil Research), 1985 - 1987
- Lead process engineer for construction through start-up and performance testing for the Flexi-coking Unit Constructions.
Karlsruhe, Germany, (Exxon ExxonMobil), 1980
- Completion of Visbreaker construction through start-up and testing.
Baytown, TX, 1974 - 1975
- For the Flexicoker Prototype; Unit engineer including follow-up data analysis.
Shell, Koeln, Germany, 1980
- Completion of construction through start-up and testing for the Thermal Cracker and Visbreaker Start-ups.
Fluor, Amuay Venezuela, Lead Process Engineer, 1982 - 1983
- Oversaw construction through start-up and performance testing for the Flexicoking Unit Construction and start-up.
Unit Engineer, 1978 - 1979
- Managed operations and facilities improvements.
Valero, Benicia, CA, 1976
- Fluid Coker C-902 Gas Compressor Commissioning;
- Completion of construction and start-up.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Institute of Chemical Engineering-AIChE
- Inventor of over a dozen U.S. patents and filing of foreign patents in residuum conversion.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY