- Execute petroleum refinery and petrochemical technical support in: Operations, major projects, environmental regulatory support, logistics, and process safety management.
- Experience in third party petroleum facilities and ability to network and collaborate with vendors, clients, staff, co-workers and contractors.
- Utilities robustness reviews for various facilities.
- Steam studies for utility facilities.
- Utilities design package during assessment phase of major projects.
- Steam agreements between major suppliers.
- Lead fuel gas and steam accounting improvement teams.
- Operations Support Engineering for Utilities.
- Integration of third party cogeneration facility.
- Operations Support Engineer for all utilities refinery including; cooling towers, boilers, boiler feed water treating, and waste water treating.
- Logistics Support Engineer: Planning and economics of refinery operation including scheduling crude runs, projecting product inventories, and developing short and long term operating plans.
- Process Safety Management (PSM), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) Coordinator, and conducting PHAs.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Process Engineer, Present
- Providing clients with over thirty years of experience in the petrochemical industry with focus to major process engineering for projects in; fluid catalytic cracking, hydrotreating, HF alkylation, catalytic reforming, crude distillation and gas processing.
- Offers technical consulting in: Logistics, utilities, business development, process safety, and environmental, both regulatory and waste water treatment.
Shell Global Solutions (U.S.) Inc., Technologist, (various sites), 2007 - 2016
Principal and Senior Technologist-Energy and Utilities
- Provided operations technical support for utilities systems of 11 Shell manufacturing sites and several third party facilities.
- Developed utilities master plans for facilities.
- Led Utilities Robustness Reviews for Shell facilities.
- Performed multiple steam studies for facilities.
- Developed utilities design package for the assess phase of two major projects
- Utilities support engineer for several major projects and many multiple minor projects
- Coordinated and taught multiple Utility Systems training classes for Shell and third parties.
- Mentored junior utilities engineers.
Business Development Representative, Deer Park Refinery, 2002 - 2007
- Negotiating steam agreement between DPRLP and Shell Chemical Limited Partnership.
- Location focal point for industrial gas contracts.
- Developed the NOX control plan for the Shell Deer Park Refinery.
- Led fuel gas and steam accounting improvement teams.
Energy and Utilities Operations Support Engineer, Deer Park, TX, 1998 - 2002
- As Operations Support Engineer for Utilities of a large petrochemical facility including raw water treating, boiler feed water treating, steam system, air system, and nitrogen system.
- Location focal point for energy monitoring.
- Played a key role in integrating third party cogeneration facility replacing and shutting down 4 million pounds/hour of 1250 psig conventional boiler steam generating capacity.
Support Engineer-Flare Systems, Odessa Refiner, TX, 1996 - 1998
- Operations Support Engineer for all utilities including cooling towers, boilers, boiler feed water treating, and waste water treating.
- Logistics Support Engineer responsible for planning and economics of refinery operation including, scheduling crude runs, projecting product inventories, and developing the next month operating plan.
- PSM - PHA Coordinator and Leader for four PHA's.
- Location coordinator for Kerosene Merox Treater including responsibility for coordination of engineering and construction contractor and responsibility for operating procedures, operator training, and startup.
- Operations Support Engineer for two (2) platformers, two (2) hydrotreaters, crude unit, and wet treating.
Process Engineer, Wood River Refinery, IL, 1978 - 1988
- Updated all air permit applications that came due during this period.
- Worked with the Illinois Petroleum Council and the Illinois Environmental Regulatory Group on commenting to state agencies on proposed environmental regulations.
- Performed air dispersion modeling.
- Led the startup effort including updating operating manual and training operators for startup of Visbreaker Flasher which was re-commissioned after being down for 10 years.
- Coordinated much of the process design and modifications to the Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit, approximately $50 million project.
- Operations support engineer for two fluid catalytic cracking units, cat feed hydrotreater, two crude units, two gas plants, DMK plant, and a spent sulfuric acid (from a sulfuric acid alkylation unit) plant.
- Represented Deer Park Refinery on the Deer Park Refining Limited Partnership (DPRLP) Shared Facilities (includes Utilities) Committees.
- BSChE Chemical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, OH