Refinery Hydrogen Manufacture Reforming and Isomerization Consultant
Technical Consultant #2385
- Hydrocracking, hydrotreating, hydrogen manufacturing, reforming and isomerization consulting of over thirty years.
- Synthetic fuel processing in coal, liquefaction and shale oil upgrading.
- Refinery expansion and petrochemical projects reviewer.
- Profit Improvement Programs: Hydroprocessing and Hydrogen Manufacture and Recovery, Reforming and Isomerization.
- Refinery and petrochemical review and expansion projects to develop, reduced cost, create higher value alternatives utilizing new and existing facilities.
- Process refinery technology proposals, implantation of tested models, and tested improvements.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Planning Specialist, Present
- On site refinery and plant evaluations implementing improvement programs, cost studies, conducting performance testing, and designing programs for improved profits.
KBC Advanced Technologies Inc., Parsippany, NJ, 1987 - 2015
Vice President-Principal Consultant
Participated in over 100 profit improvement programs.
- Generated profit improvement ideas and evaluated their merit.
- Primary areas of expertise are hydroprocessing and hydrogen manufacture and recovery, reforming and isomerization.
- Reviewed refinery and petrochemical expansion projects and developed reduced cost/higher value expansion alternatives that more fully utilized both new and existing facilities.
- Reviewed the finding of refinery Profit Improvement Programs to ensure KBC's refinery technology was being applied correctly.
- Participated as a key member of the Process Technology Steering Committee which proposed, implemented and tested improvements to KBC's process models.
- Responsible for maintaining technical excellence and continuity as KBC converted from PETROfine to Petro-Sim as the primary flowsheeting tool.
- Prepared and presented conference papers for AFPM/WPC/PTQ regarding H2 management and heavy crude upgrading.
- Developed the technology behind KBC's Hydrocracking and Reforming models and participated in the development of the Delayed Coking model that are included in KBC's PETROfine refinery simulation software.
- Developed Process simulation models for Isomerization, Hydrogen Manufacture and various H2 Recovery Processes.
Exxon Research and Engineering Company, Florham Park, NJ, Staff Engineer, 1979 - 1986
- Participated in all phases of development for Exxon's Remote Gas Conversion Pre-development Program
- Conducted performance tests, provided start-up assistance, and provided technical service for Exxon affiliate and licensee Hydroprocessing units
- Conducted performance tests, provided start-up assistance, and provided technical service for Exxon affiliate and Licensee H2 Plants.
- Developed detailed correlations from Shale oil and Coal Liquids hydrotreating pilot plant data for process optimization studies.
- Developed estimates of operating conditions, product yields and qualities, and utility requirements to upgrade shale oil and coal liquids using various hydrotreating schemes.
- Developed detailed process correlations for hydrotreating naphtha, kerosene, distillate, and gas oils to make a range of products including catalytic reformer feed, jet fuel, diesel oil, and FCCU feed.
Honors & Publications
- Author; H2 management and heavy crude upgrading.
- M.S. Chemical Engineering Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA