- Mechanical process and manufacturing Engineer with over 35 years of experience in: MIQA (Mechanical Integrity and Quality Assurance) and quality control, industry codes compliance auditing and standards.
- Mechanical Integrity, industry codes and standards, quality assurance, quality control, auditing, PSM, hose assembly, welding, fabrication, relief devices, pressure vessels, tanks, piping, valves, fasteners, gasketing, boilers.
- Fulfilled over 200 Site assessments and evaluations addressing OSHA and process safety management overview.
- Conducts MRO commodity audits and MERI's (Minimum Essential Receiving Inspections).
Undisclosed Company, Senior Mechanical Engineer, Present
- Performing mechanical integrity evaluations, quality assurance, quality control, compliance auditing, industry codes and standards and process safety management.
- Specific equipment evaluations as it pertains to OSHA Standard 29CFR 1910.119; PSM; hose assembly, welding, fabrication, relief devices, pressure vessels, tanks, piping, valves, fasteners, gasketing, and boilers.
N&H North America, Charleston, WV, MIQA Consultant, 2012 - 2015
- Developed and implemented strategies for MIQA at all North American N&H sites.
- Strategies such as training, on-boarding of new MIQA leadership, inspection and testing, building MIQA processes and capacity.
- Continuing to support all aspects of MIQA integration at the N&H sites.
DuPont Company (Chemours), Belle and Charleston, WV, 1997 - 2012
Process Engineer-Benlate®, Products
- Oversaw the Power and Waste Treatment areas in the role of Maintenance Engineer.
- Maintenance and Reliability Engineer for the Amines, Amides, Formaldehyde, VAZO®, Hydrogen & CO, Glycol Recovery, Glycolic Acid, DME and DMS, and Ammonia areas.
- Site Plant Engineer responsible for all areas - DCSE, Utilities, Lucite and Crop Protection.
- Business and Site Black Belt.
- Site MIQA Consultant.
- Legislative technical support to the DuPont Lobbyist as needed (recent work on WV AST Legislation).
- Originator and Leader of the only NBIC Owner User Inspection Agency in WV for all DuPont facilities.
- Led the site NBIC VR efforts.
- Led the site MIQA team.
- Led the DCSE PSM team.
- Sales technical support for Teflon®.
- Corporate ME&I Critical Materials of Construction Committee Lead.
- Supported numerous sourcing Black Belt projects for MRO commodities by developing the audit processes and affecting the audits.
- Affected most of the MRO commodity audits.
- Developed 90% of the DuPont Engineering Standards MRO audit processes.
- Developed 90% of the DuPont Engineering Standards MERI's (Minimum Essential Receiving Inspection).
- DuPont NA facilities as an MIQA intensive auditor.
Honors & Publications
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of WV
- Registered Professional Land Surveyor, State of WV
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- PSM MIQA Intensive Auditor
- PSM (Process Safety Management) 2nd Party Auditor (all 14 elements)
- Inspector of Steam Boilers State of WV
- Commissioned Inspector for National Board of Boilers and Pressure Vessel Inspectors (lapsed recently with the move to this role)
- API 653 Certified Inspector (flat bottom storage tanks)
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Previous academic activities: Vocational-Nuclear Power Plant, draftsman (Naval Facilities Engineering Southern Command), pipefitter's helper, welder's helper and welder (Charleston Naval Shipyard) and substitute school.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, SC