- Oil and gas operations oversite, risk corrosion and H2S management technologist.
- Materials specialist for the oil and gas industries.
- Energy alloys providing technical services in metallurgy and materials worldwide.
- Sour services (H2S, hydrogen sulphide) and technical support, domestic and abroad.
- Asset Integrity Management specialist in the oil and gas industry.
- Metallurgist with proven record in the oil and gas industry.
- Corrosion specialist servicing the oil and gas industry.
- Oversight of Maintenance Panel: NACE MR0175 / ISO 15156 and IOGP 15156 committee (ISO/TC 67/WG 7 "Corrosion resistant materials") and as a Great Britain national expert member of the British Standard Institute committee PSE/17/67/7.
- Metallurgy, welding and corrosion of oil and gas equipment and a full understanding of international standards and their implications on HSE and regulatory requirements.
- Regulatory compliance in the oil and gas, assure business continuity and optimize expenditures.
Expert Witness Experience
- Technical support in dispute resolution between an FPSO owner and an asset operator. The dispute centered on the suitability of materials for sour service.
Technical advice to insurance company involved with the case of a ship that lost control inside the 500-metre safety zone which surrounds an offshore oil and gas production complex located in the North Sea, the crash damaged structure and wells in such an extensive manner that the operator decided to shut the installation down completely and permanently plug the wells. The technical advice focus on inspection technical that could have averted the shutdown.
Undisclosed Company, Director, 2014 - Present
- Corrosion expert advice to the oil and gas industry to meet regulatory compliance, assure business continuity and optimize expenditure.
- Carry out consultancy projects throughout the world's existing and emerging oil markets.
- Responsible for delivering technical solutions to our clients that add value to their operations including well integrity, operations support and life extension.
Training (in house and open) in areas:
- Management of Corrosion Under Insulation
- Damage Mechanisms in Refineries
- Discipline Authority for the delivery of the $2 Billion Western Isles Development Project.
- CO2/acid gas transport and disposal projects (FEED and EPC) in West Texas, Canada and Kurdistan.
- Petromidia Refinery (Romania) ad-hoc corrosion support
- Ad-hoc support to Neste Refinery (Finland), storage tanks corrosion management
- High temperature corrosion support to Gunvor Raffinerie Ingolstadt GmbH
- National Operating Company (confidential) specialist advice on H2S Management.
- Glencore Exploration Limited - Integrity Support for West Africa
- Technical Support to Al-Mansoori Production Services UAE
- Well design and subsurface integrity support for Gaz Touat (Algeria)
- Well design support for Orkuveita Reykjavíkur (Iceland) including CO2 disposal wells.
Xodus Group, London, U.K., Materials and Corrosion Global Lead, 2012 - 2014
- Managed the Materials and Corrosion discipline in Xodus Group across the globe with responsibilities both technically and commercially, generating over %uFFFF1 million of EBITDA and supporting the financial goals of the company.
- Team Lead of materials specialists tasked to deliver quality services in a timely fashion.
- Technical Authority acting on behalf of our clients for EPIC projects in the North Sea, Kurdistan and Turkmenistan ensured contractors complied with HSE local legislation, project requirements and relevant international codes.
- Project manager for a major interdisciplinary subsurface integrity review of two fields in Middle East (UAE).
- Lead materials engineer in several FEED projects.
- Development and implementation of Causeway Asset Integrity Management System.
Subsea Riser Products, Woking, U.K.,Senior Materials Engineer, 2011 - 2012
- Overall responsible for metallurgy and materials.
- Providing advice and guidance to SRP and other companies in the Acteon Group with the development and delivery of products.
- Responsible for SRP material specifications for HPHT wells in accordance to client and international industry code requirements.
- Oversee steel and processing supplier selection and development.
Energy Alloys, Sheffield, U.K., Manager of Technical Services, 2009 - 2011
- Manager for Technical Services for the Eastern Hemisphere in charge of Metallurgy and Materials, for the following locations: United Kingdom, Dubai, Singapore and South Korea.
- Team lead to 7 metallurgist and quality specialists across the Eastern Hemisphere locations.
- In charge of delivering downhole solutions for clients around the world.
- International industry code requirements and in charge of steel and processing suppliers selection and development.
Projects and Executed Positions, 1997 - 2009
- Product Development Metallurgist, Energy Alloys, Sheffield, U.K.
- Development Engineering Manager, Cerrey, Monterrey, Mexico
- Senior Process Engineer, TenarisTamsa, Veracruz, Mexico
- Research Assistant, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, U.K.
- Research Engineer, Nemak, Monterrey, Mexico
- Production Engineer, Autlan Mining Company, Molango, Mexico
Domestic and International Educator and Conference Host
- Geological Society and British Geological Survey, (United Kingdom)
- NACE Corrosion (Canada and Texas USA)
- Eurocorr (Austria)
- New Materials and Corrosion Technologies for Oil and Gas Applications" Foundation Drilling-Oil-Gas Science, (Poland)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers: Shale Selection, Completions, Fracturing and Production; (Netherlands)
- Eurocorr (Italy)
- Halliburton: Advanced Casing Engineering Solutions, (Texas USA)
- American Petroleum Institute: API Specification 6A, (United Kingdom)
- Lloyds Register QA: ISO 9001 QMS Auditor Training Course, (United Kingdom)
- Tenaris University: Seamless Tubular Goods; Corrosion in Steel Products: Steelmaking
Honors & Publications
- Great Britain national expert member of the British Standard Institute committee PSE/17/67/7
- Member of IOGP 15156 committee (ISO/TC 67/WG 7 "Corrosion resistant materials")
- Member of NACE Task Group 299 on Oversight of Maintenance Panel for NACE MR0175 / ISO 15156
- Spanish (first language)
- English (fully bilingual)
- Italian (fluent)
- Portuguese (fluent)
- French (conversational)
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Professional Member of the Institute of Corrosion-MICorr
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers-NACE
- Society of Petroleum Engineers-SPE
Member of the following international committees::
- Great Britain national expert member of the British Standard Institution committee PSE/17/67/7 “Corrosion Resistant Materials”.
- Member of NACE Task Group 299 on the Oversight of Maintenance Panel for NACE MR0175/ISO 15156 “Materials for use in H2S-containing environments in oil and gas production”.
- Member of International Association of Oil and Gas Producers (IOGP) ISO/TC67/WG7 15156 committee.
- Member of ISO/TC 67/WG 8 “Materials, corrosion control, welding and jointing, and non-destructive examination (NDE)”.
- Member of ISO/TC 67/WG 13 “Bulk materials for offshore projects”.
- Author of a paper Entered in the British Geological Society Shale
- Ph.D. Philosophy, Doctor, Materials Engineering, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, U.K.
- M.S. Master in Sciences, Metallurgy, UANL, Monterrey, Mexico
- B.S. Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering, ITESM, Monterrey, Mexico