Micro Nano Systems, Molecules Design and Modeling Computational Consultant
Technical Consultant #2342
- Physical modelling and numerical algorithms development.
- Integrate nanoscience advantages on current technological cycles.
- Quantum Chemistry.
- Finite Elements Methods.
- Design and modeling of new materials based on – eg. cellulose, DNA, 2D structures.
- Nanofabrication processes to control optomechanical properties.
- Nanopacking methods to control electromechanical events.
- Bioinformatics(protein modeling and virtual pharmacological screening).
- Atomic devices design (antennas, switches, and metallic wires).
- Materials design- Carbon-based materials: cellulose, graphene, and biopolymers.
- Metal structures and semiconductors: Pt, Au, Ni, Fe and Si materials. Biosystems: proteins, DNA and individual aminoacids. Molecular systems: small inorganic molecules and polymers interfacing systems for improved biological response in the extended materials.
- Experimental optical and acoustical characterization of materials.
- Inelastic light scattering techniques: Raman set up (operation) and Brillouin set up (operation). Optical Microscope (operation).
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Consulting. Atomic antennas design.
- Computational chemistry; density-functional theory. Electrical, optical and mechanical properties of molecular systems and periodic solids. Molecular descriptors development for characterization of proteins in aqueous solution. Monte Carlo algorithms.
- FEM analysis; structural, electromagnetic, and piezoelectric coupled-field analysis for the characterization of Surface Acoustic Waves on hybrid semiconductor-piezoelectric devices.
- Continuous models; electro-optical methods for the characterization of solids. Applications on semiconductors and metals. Magnetism and electron-phonon interactions.
- Programming; numerical codes development for chemical and mechanical properties of materials. Mathematical; numerical codes development for acoustic and optical properties of micro-nanostructures, and bulk solid materials, Fortran 77/90, C, C++, python, and NET.
- Pharma design; computational screening: methods design and reports writing.
- Numerical and statistical methods.
Undisclosed University, Associate Professor, 2018 – Present
- UAB Mathematics Department – Instructor on Statistics
PUC, Spain, Associate Professor, 2017 – Present
- UPC Mathematics Department - Instructor on Mathematics
MSRCB, Spain, Researcher, 2018 - 2019
- Researcher – Computational Modelling and Cellulose-Based Engineering (at sites: Spain, and Wallenberg Wood Science Center, Sweden).
- Research on green materials development. Numerical and computational models development.
CADT S.L., Spain, Consultant, 2018 – 2019
Technology Consultant – Physical Modelling and Numerical Algorithms Development for Textile Industry
- Assistance for transferring numerical technologies developed within academic frames to technological processes.
Yanbal Cosmetics, U.S.A., 2016 - 2017
Technology Consultant – Nanotechnology and Materials Development
- Guidance on the implementation of computational models and setting infraestructures to improve technological cycles.
- Research on DNA electromechanics. Explore possibilities for new DNA mechatronics and telecommunications.
Independent Consultant, 2015 - Present
- Request-For-Proposal design in the frame of Regional and International calls (FP7 and H2020). Project meetings coordination. Technical-specification writing for project reports. Dissemination reports. Patent applications. Management of intellectual property rights. Scrum methodologies.
- Provided expert support for companies in cosmetic, biosensors and steels sector: Included reports on (i) computational modeling frameworks insertion in the company research and development strategy as well as (ii) potential new materials to be integrated in high performance products fabrication.
- Research and development results insertion in the industrial market: Submitted research proposals in response to industrial energy challenges.
- Research supervisor on "Structural Biology". Conduct a research team for use and develop computational methods on the subject.
- Research on DNA electromechanics. Opened possibilities for new DNA mechatronics, and telecommunications.
Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Barcelona, Spain, 2009 - 2015
Postdoctoral Researcher - Computational Physics
- Set up IT policies and managed computational resources for the research group.
- Proposed a new material for GHz antenna designs.
- Developed models and software's for numerical evaluation and improvement of:
- Thermal transport in materials below to nanoscale resolution.
- Acoustic transport in semiconductors and 2D-materials.
- Nanofabrication designs to control water adhesion.
- Packing structures to control sound transmission.
- Organized and led a project for patterning of submicron trenches for studies on suspended graphene membranes.
- Established principles and set up proof-of-concepts for nanoscale energy management for powering ICT devices.
- Authored and co-authored articles on bioinformatics, modeling proteins, Raman characterization of graphene and nanocellulose electromechanics.
- Research supervisor: Co-direction of a Ph.D thesis on Bioinformatics.
- Prepared EU research proposals in the areas of phononics, photonics, electronics and materials development. In charge of technicalities concerning applicability of computational methods.
Materials Science Institute, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain, 2007 - 2009
Postdoctoral Researcher - Optomechanics
- Implemented optomechanical models for semiconductor based devices targeting photons transport.
University of Alicante, Applied Physics Department, Alicante, Spain, 2002 - 2007
Ph.D Researcher - Molecular Electronics
- Developed numerical models for the characterization of single-molecule chemistry.
- Authored and co-authored articles on numerical characterization of atomic systems, phonon transport, electron-phonon interactions and computational physics.
International Centre of Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, 2000 - 2002
- Developed methods for numerical characterization of biomolecules as well as their interaction with the environment.
Institute for Sciences and Nuclear Technologies, Havana, Cuba, 1999 - 2001
- Co-developed methods for practical sessions with students while taking advantage of laboratory facilities and latest research results among the in-house academic staff.
Courses and Topics
- Economic management and technology transfer,
- Competencies and professional and interpersonal skills for innovation management, Eureka building,
- Drugs and the Brain, California Institute of Technology,
- Research and Patents Preparation, OEPM, Spain,
- Physics and Chemistry), Juan XXIII High School, Valencia, Spain,
- Quantum Mechanics and Solid State Physics, Institute for Sciences and Nuclear Technologies, Havana, Cuba.
Honors & Publications
- Operating Systems: DOS, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows.
- Programming Languages: Pascal, Assembly language programming, Fortran 77, Fortran 90, C, VB.NET.
- Scientific Softwares: Mathematica, Matlab, Gaussian, Siesta, Molden, gnuplot, xmgrace, Microsoft Office, Comsol and Ansys.
- Scientific Visualization: Advance level in visualizing results from numerical simulations.
- High-Performance Computing (HPC): Advance level in using several HPC resources.
- Working experience: IT advisor at Phononic and Photonic Nanostructures Group in ICN2.
- Diploma Course on Condensed Matter, International Centre of Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy
- Spanish: mother tongue
- Catalan and English: very fluent, conversation, writing, reading
- Postdoctoral Fellow, European Union & ICN2
- University Scholarship, University of Alicante, Alicante, Spain
- Postgraduate Scholarship, Department of Quantum Chemistry, Free University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Postgraduate Scholarship, International Centre of Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy
- Highest Academic Achievement Award, Faculty of Physics, University of Havana, Havana, Cuba
Publications and Patents
- More than 20 publications, presentations, (20) Conferences, Symposia, and 1 patent disclosure.
- Ph.D. Physics, University of Alicante, Alicante, Spain
- B.Sc. Physics, University of Havana, Havana, Cuba