Petroleum Plant Control Systems & Commissioning Consultant
Technical Consultant #2326
- Domestic and international control systems for the petroleum refining, petrochemical, chemical, and power industries.
- Process analyzers, GCs, UV/IR, water quality, and gas analyzers.
- Engineering supervision, engineering, procurement, construction.
- Commissioning of large scale, multimillion and billion dollar projects.
Independent Consultant, Present
- Determine the chemical composition and physical properties of a hydrocarbon stream.
- Large scale commissioning of petroleum plants.
- FAT-Factory Acceptance Test (FATs) for the analyzers and the shelters to determine final acceptance.
- Project Management Team (PMT) of Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
- Develop and maintain project specifications for the 90 analyzer shelters.
- Evaluate and participate in the selection of the process analyzer engineering contractor (PAEC).
- Review and approve standard drawing and calculation templates developed by the PAEC for the fabrication of all analyzer shelters.
- Participate in the review and approval of detailed fabrication drawings of the individual analyzer shelters.
- Ensure compliance to client specifications by technical assurance audit of the documents prepared by other engineering companies.
- Provide direction to the system integrators (SI) during the shelter fabrication.
- Witness the factory acceptance test (FATs) for the analyzers and the shelters to determine final acceptance on Owner behalf.
- Provide instrumentation consultation and expertise for Marshalltown combined cycle 680 MW Generating Station (MGS) Project, Marshalltown, Iowa for the Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS) and field instruments including process analyzers, GCs, UV/IR, water quality, and gas analyzers.
- Select technology based on process data and measurement requirements, evaluation and selection of analyzer vendor and the SI, review and approve SI design/fabrication drawings, calculations, and FAT procedures for analyzers and analyzer shelters. Participate in SI FAT to accept analyzer shelters on owner behalf.
- Develop test procedures for the commissioning of the distributed control system (DCS) and SIS safety instrumented systems of the utilities section of the Pearl gas to liquids (GTL) Project, Doha, Qatar.
- Specify, requisition, and test analyzers (including ppb levels of sulfur analyzers) and eight analyzer shelters for Escravos GTL Project, Nigeria, a 34,000 bpd grassroots facility to convert natural gas to ultra clean diesel.
- Prepare the front end engineering design (FEED) documents including piping and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs) and cost estimates for the analyzers for the entire Motiva Port Arthur Refinery Expansion Project, Port Arthur, Texas.
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Detroit, Detroit, MI
- B.S. Engineering, University of Bombay. Mumbai, India