- Standard process operations of maintenance of ETP (Effluent Treatment Plants) and sewage treatment plant.
- Waste water treatment process (SBR, MBR, MBBR, trickling filters and conventional activated sludge process, filtration).
- Installation and commissioning of wastewater projects (STP, WTP and ETP).
- Design of water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Evaluation and up gradation of water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Technology-commercial proposal, technical review of tenders and cost analysis.
- Asset Management.
- Provide expert solution septic tank system to waste water produced from oil wells to Schlumberger, KSA
- Detailed design engineering review of ETP for Saudi Aramco Refinery, KSA
- Technical support consultancy of WTPs and WWTPs for national water company, KSA
Undisclosed Company, Senior Process Engineer, 2015 - Present
- Reviews and supervise the issuance of the standard operating procedures.
- Evaluate plant operations; assures proper adjustment of plant processes; coordinates sampling operations to assure proper balance of treatment steps and meeting effluent requirements; ensures the proper conduct of laboratory tests performed by operation staff.
- Supervises plant maintenance activities to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of equipment; verifies proper implementation of plant preventive maintenance plan as well as the work order issuance for any corrective maintenance whenever required.
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities.
- Recommend improvements and modifications whenever required.
- Fully responsible for all activities associated with operations and management and operations of all Water and Wastewater facilities and the plants management.
- Coordinate and lead all communications regarding operations and management contracts executions within the internal team as well as the client and the client review and distribute all the progress reports as required.
- Ensure Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment (QHSE) policy is adequately implemented.
- Local staff trainings and appraisals - supervision.
- Assist the client in all process engineering matters related to WTP or WWTP.
- Develop assets management hierarchy and manual for asset registration and survey. Link assets with Enterprise Asset Management (eAM) and Geographic Information Systmes (GIS) systems.
- Developing asset management strategies, plans and implementation programs.
- Develop and re-engineer processes and procedures for life cycle asset management.
- Align asset management plans to organizational strategy.
- Prepare, update and enhance asset management processes and procedures.
Saudi Multichem, (JV) MI-SWACOD, Ammam, KSA, Technical Manager, 2014 -2015
- Looking for overall business activities of the water solution division (water and wastewater) focusing oil and gas, municipal and industrial wastewater.
- Initiate contact with oil and gas, water and environment companies to generate new services and ensuring program success and client satisfaction.
- Study and evaluate the produced water treatment system in Gas Oil Separation Plants (GOSP) to meet the ground injection standard parameters.
- Onsite sample testing for different de-emulsifiers at different GOSP locations with fellow engineers and chemists to mitigate and enhance the water recovery for reuse.
- Provide technical support for environmental solutions for H2S and odor control, ensuring contaminants are entrapped and thereby not allowed to enter the atmosphere.
- Attend technical sales meetings with the client and site specific jobs.
- Direct and monitor team and group activities for up to 12 direct and 32 indirect reports at a given time.
Petrofac Saudi Aribia, LTD, Al-Khobar, KSA, Process Engineer, 2013 - 2014
- Review the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, issue inquiry requisitions, review techno-commercial vendor offers, prepare equipment, material and man-hour estimates.
- Lead the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR) for process activities, including the preparation of Piping and Instrumentation Flow Diagrams (P&ID's),Process Block Flow Diagrams (BFD's), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's), Utility Flow Diagrams (UFD's), heat and material balance, utility and iInstrument flow diagrams, process safety diagrams, Material Selection Flow Diagrams (MSD's), Pressure and Temperature Diagrams (PTD's), preliminary equipment layouts, equipment data sheet sketches.
- Coordinate with projects and planning on project time schedules, establish target completion dates, ensure target dates are achieved.
- Interface and provide clarification, guidance and technical support to construction sites and commissioning engineers provide startup assistance as required.
- Supervise system engineering for finalizing P&I diagrams, performing equipment sizing and rating calculations and finalizing suitable materials of construction conforming to process and service requirement.
SAF Group (ETCH-20), Al-Khobar, KSA, Sr. Design (Proposal) Engineer, 2010 - 2013
- Preparing of concept design, preliminary design and detail design for the water and wastewater treatment facilities (STP/WTP), reports, calculation sheet and tender documents.
- Preparation of general layout plans for STP/WTP in light of contract specification and flexibility in operation and maintenance works.
- Preparation of PFD, P&ID diagrams in coordination with fellow engineers.
- Prepare most competitive techno-commercial proposals in compliances with the client's requirements and specifications.
- Study and review of the RFQ's and understand client requirements and basis for the system design and selection.
- Study laboratory analysis results to assure compliance with contract specifications.
- Preparation of plants and equipment validation reports.
- Sub-supplier correspondences and sourcing (vendor communication).
- Client relationship development, project identification, client meetings, proposal input.
- Project management - manage budgets, schedules and deliverables, and undertake technical work associated with all or a portion of the water and wastewater services, ensuring all client expectations are exceeded.
- Review and implement standard operating procedures (SOP) as per environmental regulatory requirements.
- Monitor compliance with contract requirements and standards and to meet all internal key performance indicators.
Saudi Environmental Projects Company Ltd., Jeddad, KSA, 2015 - 2010
Plant Manager and Operations Manager
- Conducted numerous services for the Ministry of Water and Electricity (MOWE), Saudi Aramco at Jezan Refinery.
- Handling the process engineering calculations of the contact stabilization and extended aeration process technology.
- Controlling the activated sludge process required to maintain high levels of treatment performance under wide fluctuations in discharge and wide range of operating conditions.
- Analyzing the plant performance and quality control by using appropriate analytical techniques and laboratory (chemical and bacteriological) investigations for continuous monitoring the process.
- Directs and ensures the accurate and efficient lab analysis of sewage and effluent waters.
- Troubleshooting the process operational problems like bulking and rising sludge, pin-floc, foaming and more.
- Maintaining Dissolved Oxygen (D.O.) levels in aeration tanks, regulating amount of Return Activated Sludge (RAS) Water and Aeration Systems (WAS).
- preparation of various engineering deliverables (drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, P&I diagrams, process datasheets, equipment Specifications, cause and effect diagrams.
- Perform laboratory studies of steps in manufacture of new product and test proposed process in small scale operation (pilot plant).
- Design measurement and control systems for waste water process plants based on data collected in laboratory experiments and in pilot plant operations.
Field Study and System Evaluations
- Study different parameters of existing sewage treatment systems and submit system evaluation report.
- Prepare Request For Quotation (RFQ's) for essential replacement projects and new installation.
- Review system design and prepare an inspection report for new installations during construction.
- Study and evaluate the system/Plant operational scenario to optimize the utilization of resources.
- Prepare and implement plan to reduce procurement cycle.
- Effectively managing outsourcing of materials and services for balancing and expansion projects of sewerage and irrigation projects and managing the project implementations.
- Negotiating consultancy service requirements and managed through final report submissions (third party inspection).
- Carrying out value analysis and preparing proposals to facilitate critical decisions on make and buy and the inventory control.
Service and Maintenance
- Managing the entire gamut of maintenance management responsibilities which includes technical approval documentation and Inspection and testing plans for new or replacement tasks.
- Managing service technicians and supervisors to maintain all type of plant maintenance systems and related activities.
- Provide formal and informal training for service engineers, supervisors and technicians.
- Prepare preventive and predictive maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Inspect and receive the equipment's from contractors on behalf of the facility owner.
- Ordering spare parts and finding substitute parts whenever original parts are not available.
- Simplify operation maintenance manuals of equipment manufactures to suit for technicians.
- Provide training and hands on assistance for technicians to understand new technologies of the plant.
- Follow and develop safety related activities at each and every phase of the process to keep the plant accident and hazardous free.
National Water Company, Riyadh City, KSA, Consultant and Technical Support
Evaluation and up-gradation of Wastewater Treatment Plant and Water Treatment Plant
- Wastewater treatment plants capacity ranging from (100,000 - 400,000 CMD) and water treatment plants ranging capacity from 34000 CMD to 120,000 CMD under National Water Company.
Design and Detailed Engineering at Saudi Aramco
- Industrial Refinery Effluent wastewater treatment plant for Saudi Aramco at Jezan Refinery.
Design, Propose and Commissioned
- Industrial effluent wastewater treatment plant (700KLPD) using Gas Energy Mixing (GEM) UF and Membrane Bed Bio Reactor (MBBR) at PEPSI Beverage Abha, Saudi Arabia.
- Industrial effluent treatment plant (1000KLPD) using Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) and Membrane Bed Bio Reactor (MBBR) at Supreme Food Poultry Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Industrial effluent treatment plant (800KLPD) using Gas Energy Mixing (GEM), UF and Membrane Bed Bio Reactor (MBBR) at PEPSI Beverage Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- MBBR with Parkson Dyna sand filter packaged sewage treatment plants (Title 22) (30-100CMD) with Parkson Corporation at various rig sites eastern Saudi Arabia.
- Sewage treatment plant (100KLPD) compact MBR Unit with buffer cum sludge and tertiary filtration at AlRoud Compound Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
- STP plant Process survey at MARAFIQ jubail, Saudi Arabia
- Effluent treatment plant Jizan Refinary.
Operations and Management Projects
- Sewage treatment plant (conventional ASP extended and diffused aeration) and sewage networks one of the biggest STP in Jeddah, capacity 1,24,000 CMD,40,000 CMD and 35,000 CMD Al-Khumrah , Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Sewage treatment plant (contact stabilization process) Capacity 40,000 CMD, Al-Balad, Jeddah,Saudi Arabia.
- Wastewater treatment Plant (contact stabilization process) Capacity 32,000 CMD Al-Ruwais,Jeddah,Saudi Arabia.
- Sewage treatment Plants (contact stabilization and extended aeration) Capacity 8000 and 6000 CMD) at Jamia, Banimalik and Al-Eskan Jeddah Saudi Arabia.
- Sewage treatment plant (extended Aeration), capacity 45,000 CMD Onizah, Al-Qasim, Saudi Arabia.
Honors & Publications
- Industrial wastewater treatment and desalination certification by the Lausanne Group (CIEWM).
- Environmental Technology Day Appreciation by Yanbu Refinery.
- PLC Programming by IIEE WRC-SA.
- Linux Operating system by NIT.
- Excellence in Sales program by CRAIG consultants.
- Professional Engineer-P.E. Saudi Council of Engineer
- Arabic (Notion)
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Water Environment Federation
- Saudi Arabia water Environment Association
- Second position CUP award NIR Srinagar
- M.B.A. Project Management, Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok, India
- B.Tech. Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Srinagar, India