Polyurethane Foams Expert
Technical Consultant #2295
- Foams and foaming.
- Structure formation in Polyurethane and other polymers.
- Structure to properties relations in materials.
- Micromechanical modeling.
- Liquids and glasses.
- Phase transitions, glass transition, and solidification.
- Modeling, problem solving in materials.
- Nucleation, including gas bubble nucleation. Foams.
- Surface contact and interactions.
- Soft and hard breakdown in composites.
- Pattern recognition in noisy environments (theory).
- First principles-based modeling and problem solving in materials.
- Physical bonding and molecular aggregation in glasses and liquids.
- Leakage current, soft and hard breakdown mechanisms in dielectrics.
- Nano-structure, its dynamics and recognition. Glass transition.
- Dynamic networks in polymers and biopolymers.
Undisclosed Company, Consultant, 1999 - Present
- Structure to properties relationships in polymers.
- Structure formation in polyurethanes.
- Modeling foam initiation and growth in polymers.
Undisclosed University, 1993 - Present
- Research Professor
NASA Glenn (Lewis) Center, Cleveland OH, Aerospace Materials Consultant, 1996 - 2001
- Near-critical liquids.
- Macromolecular crystallization.
Institute of Nuclear Physics, 1978 - 1997
- Principal Research Fellow
Novosibirsk State University, 1967 - 1992
- Professor of Physics
Honors & Publications
- Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (Ph.D. equivalent), SD Academy of Sciences of USSR.
- Focused studies: Low Temperature Engineering, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Moscow, USSR. Theoretical Science: Kapitza Institute for Physical Problems, Moscow, USSR.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Fellowships: APS (2003), National Center for Microgravity Research in Fluids and Combustion and NASA, Lewis Research Center.
- Labor Honor Medal, USSR
- Scientific Achievement Diploma, USSR Academy of Sciences
- Veteran of Siberian Division (Diploma and Medal), USSR Academy of Sciences
- Landau Prize, USSR Academy of Sciences
- Professor in Physics and Mathematics (Diploma, Honorary), Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia
Publications and Patents
- Author and Co-Author of over 150 papers in major journals, 1 book and educational text (chapters).
- One patent, (Russia, USSR)
- Ph.D. Science: Physics, Mathematics, WTINT, Kharkov, USSR
- M.S. Physical Engineering, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Moscow, USSR