- Forensic engineering in motor vehicle crash reconstruction for law firms, public defenders and insurance companies.
- Extensive investigation experience in motor vehicle crash reconstruction of cars, light trucks, commercial heavy trucks, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and recreational off-highway vehicles (ROVs).
- Extensive knowledge, training and experience in analyzing complex vehicle and pedestrian crashes while incorporating state-of-the-art computer video simulation software technology to demonstrate and animate how a motor vehicle crash takes place.
- Extensive training and experience in imaging and analyzing the crash data reports stored in a vehicle's Event Data Recorder (EDR). Create CAD drawings for trial exhibits and computer animation.
- Imaging research imaging and analyzing a vehicle's crash data reports. Attend and participate in staged motor vehicle collisions and associated analyses for research involving cars, light trucks, commercial heavy trucks and motorcycles.
- Board certified crash reconstruction engineer through the National Academy of Forensic Engineers (NAFE).
Expert Witness Experience
- Industrial Accidents/OSHA Safety/Machine Guarding/Hazard Investigations/ Product Defect and Failure Analysis Investigations:
- Machine Guarding
- Poultry Process Equipment
- Fabric Rollup Machines - Conveyors
- Automatic Storage and Retrieval Systems (AS/RS)(AGV)
- Scissor Lift and Forklifts, Pallet Jacks
- Ladder Accidents
- Loading Dock - Dock Lift, Dock Leveler and Dock Plate Accidents
- Power Plants (High Voltage Power Line Tower Structures)
- Power Tool: Belt Sanders, Radial Miter Saws
- Exercise Strength Training Equipment
- Lawn Mowers
- Product Safety Signs, Symbols, Warnings and Labeling
- Product Safety Information in Product Manuals, Instructions and Other Collateral Materials
- Wood Working Machines - Abrasive Shot blaster
- Motor Vehicle Coil Spring Compressors
- Amusement Ride Accidents/Standards of Maintenance/Standards of Care and Operation - Product Defect and Failure Analysis
- Construction Equipment Accidents: Scaffold Failures, Scissor Lift Failures, Cranes
- Ladder Failures, Folding Benches, Belt Sanders, Saws
Industrial Case Work
- All OSHA 29CFR1910, 1926 and 1928 Industry Safety Regulations and ANSI, ISO, ASME, UL, ASTM Standards.
- Machine Guarding
- Process Equipment Standards of Care
- Product Defect and Failure Analyses
- Product Safety Signs, Symbols, Warnings and Labeling
- Industrial Contract and Consulting Engineering Services To General Industry
Undisclosed Company, Industrial Accident Reconstruction Engineer, Owner, 2002 - Present
- Provide to clients all OSHA 29CFR1910, 1926 and 1928 Industry Safety Regulations and ANSI, ISO, ASME, UL, ASTM Standards.
- Machine Guarding.
- Process Equipment Standards of Care.
- Product Defect and Failure Analyses.
- Product Safety Signs, Symbols, Warnings and Labeling.
- Industrial Contract and Consulting Engineering Services To General Industry.
K&S Tooland and Manufacturing Company, High Point Inc., 2005 - 2006
- Positions: Quality Control, Process Engineering, Maintenance and Safety Manager.
- ISO 9001:2000 registered contract manufacturer of machined, formed, punched, fabricated, welded and assembled parts and subassemblies. Machined, formed and fabricated, welded and assembled component parts and subassemblies for client companies.
- Managed the quality control department with supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for the ISO quality system, quality manual and other similar documentation and files. Involved in APQP and PPAP for special customers. Made changes and updates to the quality system as needed.
- Acted as ISO management representative for the company. Organized and scheduled training sessions for company employees on matters of ISO 9001:2000 standards, OSHA safety, human factors and newly hired employees.
- Managed and performed monthly internal quality audits on quality system elements. led and motivated employees to quality check their product. Performed first article inspections with report documentation for both customers and employees utilizing company measuring equipment.
- Created, followed up, closed and filed quality action plans, corrective action reports, preventive action reports, continuous improvement reports and other similar documentation. Also managed the maintenance program.
- Assisted in the design of a bearing press machine for functionality, safety and human factors.
- Managed and documented all maintenance activities and schedules. Hands-on from time to time.
- Managed the installation of all purchased and incoming machinery.
- Managed all facility related matters concerning building maintenance, HVAC and electric utilities.
- Resident company engineer in all engineering matters including plant engineering, machine and tool design and OSHA 29CFR1910 safety audits and OSHA regulations.
- As Safety Manager. Created and distributed plant facility evacuation charts. Performed safety audits on all plant facilities and equipment including kinetic energy punch presses, hydraulic presses, automatic laser cutting machines, vibratory media deburring and cleaning equipment; press brakes, automatic robotic welding machines, CNC machining centers and hazardous chemicals including water based metal cutting coolants and petroleum based oils. Managed the distribution of MSDS and audited all MSDS books. When a safety issue was discovered, the safety issue was corrected.
- Worked with the shipping/receiving department regarding the inspection and management of damaged containers and product that were received from domestic and overseas companies.
Spherion Greensboro, Process Verification-Validation (Contract Engineering), 2001 - 2002
- Provided engineering services to Bristol Myers Squibb, a manufacturer of ostomy, wound care products and pharmaceuticals.
- Assisted in the modification and retrofit of production machinery for ostomy pouch manufacturing.
- Created and implemented process validation protocols IQP, PQP, OQP and DOE and statistical methods with reports per FDA GHTF and cGMP guide lines for approval to launch MK4 ostomy pouch process into production.
- Provided engineering support to a new prototype Digital Label Printing Line.
- Benchmarked the process, gathered downtime data, trouble-shooting of equipment designs, and made recommendations to engineering manager on how to improve uptime.
- Decreased downtime by 40%. Created written PM schedules and trouble-shooting guides.
- Designed and installed a protective cover for a 15 watt class 4 marking laser to meet OSHA, ANSI and ISO safety requirements of a class 1 laser. (Contract assignment was completed)
- Mathematics Teacher For Koyo Corporation and Taught basic math and created math text and testing materials for classroom use.
- Forensic Engineering courses taught for: Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Raleigh-Wake County Paralegal Association, Guilford County Paralegal Association, Casualty Insurance Adjusters Various Chapters, North Carolina State University ASME Student Section. Subject Forensic Engineering
- Careers in Engineering and What Engineers Do
- NASA's Saturn V Moon Rocket, Professional Engineers of North Carolina
- Motorcycle Riding and Training: Trail, motocross and street motorcycles., Dirt Bike Motocross Racing/Trail Riding, Motorcycle Safety Foundation: Advanced Rider's Training, Harley Owners Group: Chapter 3446 Group Riding Class, Big Bear Choppers: How To Build a Custom Motorcycle,
- Bike Safe North Carolina, Cary Police Department/Carolina Highway Patrol. (Certified)
- ATV Riders Training:
- ATV Safety Institute - ATV Rider Course: ATV Rider Certification
Honors & Publications
- Holds a Minor: Speech Communications North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Dale Carnegie Course: Public Speaking and Public Relations. (Certified)
- Mitchell Community College and North Carolina State University Public Speaking Courses. (several degrees)
- Midlands Technical Community College: Train The Trainer. (Certified)
General Industry and OSHA Safety
- Chesapeake Consulting: Constraint Management Applications. (Certified)
- Mesa Consulting Group Incorporated: Six Sigma. (Certified)
- North Carolina State University: ISO 9001: Internal Quality Auditing. (Certified)
- Forsyth Technical Community College: Pro-Engineer CAD Software Training. Certificate (Certified)
- Guilford Technical Community College: General Contractor's Licensing Preparation Course including
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Regulations and OSHA 29 CFR1926. (Certified)
- Measuring and Improving Boiler Efficiency - Advanced. (Certified)
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Construction Industry Regulations and Major Hazard and Prevention Strategies. (Certified)
- OSHA Industrial Accident Investigation. Certificate ((Certified)
- Forklift Operation Safety, Certification and Licensing Course. (Certified)
- American National Standards Subcommittees-ANSI/ASSE A10.8 -Scaffolding Safety Requirements.
- North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors
- Professional Corporation License and Professional Engineer License as listed below:
- Florida Board of Professional Engineers
- South Carolina Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- Georgia State Board of Registration for Engineers and Surveyors
- Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board
- Tennessee Architect and Engineering Board
- Virginia Board For Architects, Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- New Jersey Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors
- Washington, DC Board of Professional Engineers
- West Virginia State Board of Professional Engineers
- Mississippi Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Surveyors
- Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- Maryland State Board of Professional Engineers.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- National Academy of Forensic Engineers
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions
- North Carolina State University MAE Hall of Fame: (Inducted)
- Author of numerous educational publications in collision physics, forensic engineering, hazard analysis, and driver/passenger forensics.
- Dale Carnegie Course Public Speaking.
- College Public Speaking Classes.
- Industrial Classroom Teaching.
- Trial Testimony.
- National Engineer's Week - Various Local Middle Schools.
- National Society of Professional Engineers Presentations.
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers Presentations.
- National Academy of Forensic Engineers Presentations.
- B.S.M.E. Mechanical Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC