- Composites design and development in the plastics, fiberglass, PolyVinyl Chloride (PVC), Fiber Reinforced Polymer FRP.
- Composites Material analysis and testing.
- Composites manufacturing processes such as RIM, VARTM, Centrifugal casting, pultrusion, hand Lay-up, and continuous lamination.
- Quality Management and continuous improvement.
- Statistical analysis (Six Sigma - Black Belt).
- Project management.
- Product costing.
Undisclosed Company, Assurance Manager, 1999 - Present
- Spearheading quality assurance and product development sections.
- Setting up process improvements as well as introduction of new processes.
- Functioning as QMR for ISO 9001 QMS Implementation.
- Design and development industrial product such as scrubbers, towers, process vessels in accordance with EN , ASTM, BS, PS and other reputed international standards.
- Establishing testing facility to test composites.
- Process modification and addition: Pultrusion, centrifugal casting, RIM / LRTM processes.
- Product additions: Scrubbers and process vessels, FRP cooling towers, FRP Fan casings and other industrial products, pultruded gratings, ladders and hand rails.
- Accomplished designs: Scrubbers, tanks and process vessels in accordance with EN 13121 and ASME RTP , composite roofing to comply ASCE 07, composite Light poles, and other miscellaneous items (signposts, gratings, claddings, etc.,).
- Major Projects Executed : Scrubbers (acid and alkali) - design, detailed engineering and fabrication, cooling towers in association with Axima Germany and Liangchi, Thailand, new F/w pipe manufacturing facility, FRP platform for tanks and tank covers.
ShriramTower Tech Limited, Chennai, India, Sr. Project Engineer, 1996 - 1999
- Project coordination on establishing new manufacturing facilities to produce Plastic and composites products.
- Procurement of imported machineries such as twin Screw Extruder, PVC Sheeting plant and thermoforming machines.
- Development of vendors for the supply of plastic and FRP raw materials.
- Cost reduction in FRP components.
- Standardization of Manufacturing and QC processes. Preparation of manuals for ISO certification.
- Project and product costing.
- Projects handled: New manufacturing facility to manufacture PVC profiles, sheets and FRP components. Participated from conceptual to implementation stage.
- Product improvement: Replaced metallic and timber components with FRP components, thereby increased the life of the cooling tower and also efficiency.
- Cost reduction: Enhanced and optimized the component design thereby reduced the product cost.
- Standardization: Documented the Standard Operating Procedure in accordance with ISO 9001.
Southern Aerodyne P. Ltd, Chennai, India, Assistant Manager - Production,1994 - 1996
- Production planning and monitoring of windmill blade manufacturing.
- Raw material procurement plan.
- Guiding Quality Assurance and Quality Control team to set up their testing facility.
- We were the first one to product Wind Mill Rotor Blades in India (250KW capacity).
- Improved plant efficiency by 33% by the selection proper curing system and effective supervision.
Coromandel Prodorite (CUMI) , Chennai, India Officer - Quality Control, 1986 - 1994
- Functional Head for ISO 9000.
- Testing of Raw Materials as per ASTM, BS and IS standards.
- Testing of Plastic components.
- In process inspection of FRP products like pipes and process vessels.
- Inspection and testing of pipe lines, tanks and equipment after installation.
- Development of FRP reflector for satellite communication and molded gratings.
- Inspection of aged tanks and process vessels for process certification.
- Supervised projects with more than 25 process vessels.
- Reconditioning of 200M%uFFFF HCl storage tanks.
Honors & Publications
- Maintenance Management, Annamalai Univ, Tamil Nadu, India,
- Lead Auditor - Quality Management System - ISO 9001
- Six Sigma - Black Belt, certified by Benchmark Six Sigma
- Trained in Germany (Abeking and Rasmussen) on FRP windmill Blade manufacturing
- Trained at GFTC, Hyderabad on RTM process
- Trained on RIM by Aerovac U.K in Metyx, Turkey
- Trained on VARTM by Composites Integration U.K, in Turkey
- Trained on RIM of Epoxy composites
- Trained in Germany on Airport Hangar Doors fabrication and assembly
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of Saudi Council of Engineers
- B.S.M.E. Mechanical Engineering, CEG, Guindy, Anna University, Tamil Nadu, India