- More than over 40 years of experience as a process engineer based on a long-term career with Exxon Research & Engineering Company.
- Process technical advisor for new and recommissioned hydrogen (H2) plant startups.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of H2 plant incidents.
- Assessed feedstock changes pertinent to the CoSyn Technology and H2 plant consulting for Syncrude H2 Plant 9-3.
- Conducted an H2 plant scoping study (capacity expansion study, reliability issues and existing plant constraints) for Marathon Petroleum Company.
- Reviewed DEVOL and Reforming Unit Designs for a Commercial Gasification Plant (non-process review of unit designs).
- Acted as the proprietary third party H2 generation process evaluation.
- Assisted a catalyst vendor on H2 plant catalyst problems.
- Developed H2 plant procedures and reviewed Catacarb operations.
- Assessed a vendor's H2 recovery unit capability and performance.
- Provided services as a process H2 plant consultant regarding refinery litigation claim.
Exxon Research & Engineering Company
Projects Department, Gas Processes Section
- Developed methanol plant project on-sites process design bases.
- Conducted many H2 plant process screening studies.
- Developed several H2 plant onsite design bases.
- Assisted numerous onsite H2 plant turnarounds.
- Acted as startup Advisor for new and recommissioned H2 plants.
- Trained many engineers and plant operators on H2 plants.
- Evaluated and coordinated acceptable catalysts for H2 plants.
- Ran H2 plant Symposia for contact engineers and operators.
- Developed capacity debottleneck project bases for H2 plants.
- Maintained information network for H2 plant contact engineers.
- Conducted numerous field assignments.
- Evaluated gasification alternatives to steam reforming for H2.
- Promoted H2 molecule management for refinery operating cost reduction.
- Provided almost daily technical consulting to Exxon's world-wide affiliates on H2 plants, H2 recovery, and H2 management.
- Conducted research and development studies on new H2 technologies and ideas.
Process Design Department, Planning Engineering Division
- Conducted economic screening studies for refinery process selection.
- Developed new refinery project final onsite design bases.
- Developer refinery expansion project final onsite design bases.
- Conducted economic research and development planning studies for alternative fuels.
- Evaluated competitive refinery process technologies.
- Studied economics of oil sands alternative processing options.
- Developed coal gasification project onsite design bases.
- Assessed heavy crude alternative processing options.
- Member of the Liquefied Natural Gas Task Force.
- M.B.A. State University of New York, Buffalo, New York
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana