- More than 30 years of experience in hydrocarbon refining, onshore and offshore production, and LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) manufacturing for international and domestic clients.
- High-performance project management; direct, manage, and develop overseas capital projects in hydrocarbon refining, oil and gas onshore and offshore production, and liquefied natural gas manufacturing.
- Project and construction productivity, constructability and safety for capital projects in North and South America, Europe, Middle-East, and Asia.
- Capital project management; global project execution, constructability, field labor productivity, construction site safety, project development and execution risk assessment cold eyes review, management of challenged projects, project team performance assessment and improvement.
- Project concept through startup and verification of production and operations.
- Project scope development, integrated project team development, performance assessment and improvement.
- Front-end engineering
- Procurement and Construction Contracting
- Engineering and execution project constructability
- Field labor productivity
- Safety and risk assessment
- Cold eyes review at stage gates
Undisclosed Company, Senior Capital Project Management Consultant-Adviser, Present
SK Petroleum Corporation stationed in Seoul, South Korea
- Performed gap analysis reviews.
- Conducted interviews of discipline engineering to evaluate the capabilities and relative strength of the technical services groups.
- Established a benchmark of the Client's engineering staff based on interviews.
- Developed a report identifying gaps as requested by the Client.
ExxonMobil Research and Engineering Company, Various U.S.A. Sites and Projects, 2000 - 2009
Global Project Management Adviser, Fairfax, VA, 2009
- Provided project execution planning advice to worldwide projects during development.
- Championed and helped establish a global network of project execution advisers to enhance project execution planning and improve field labor productivity for refinery projects worldwide.
Senior Project Manager, Electrostatic Precipitator Project, (Torrance, CA), 2007 - 2009
- Participated in this $350 million project; cold eyes project risk assessment and performance review that changed owner and contractor leadership teams.
- Took on management of this schedule and cost challenged project, lead the revised integrated team to complete in line with original project objectives through use of multiple (over) 1000 ton modules fabrication and transport.
Construction Adviser, Gas to Liquids Project, (ExxonMobil,) Sugar Land, TX, 2006 - 2007
- Front end planning for project execution and construction emphasizing productivity and low cost source modules to reduce site labor requirements.
- Lead Global world-wide survey to establish fabrication capacity based on 6000 ton modules.
Project Manager, Low Sulfur Motor Gasoline Project, ExxonMobil Refinery, Joliet, IL, 2001 - 2004
- For this $300 million project, lead high performance integrated owner/contractor team from scope development to startup. Scope included two turnarounds, modularization, high value design engineering.
Global Construction and Safety Adviser, ExxonMobil Research-Engineering, Fairfax, VA, 2000 - 2001
- Revised 3 in-house training curricula for onshore crane safety, construction site safety and constructability, and trained company staff in Argentina, USA, and Asia.
- Participated in many Capital Project risk assessment Cold Eyes reviews.
Imperial Oil, Nanticoke, ON, Canada, Project Manager, Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Project, 2004 - 2006
- Lead high performance integrated owner and contractor team from scope development to startup and Fluid Cat Unit turnaround of this $100 million project.
Mobile, Global Projects, 1977 - 1999
Construction Adviser, Joint Venture, Ethylene Project Jose Mobil and Pequiven, 1998 - 1999
- Front end planning for project execution and construction emphasizing productivity and low cost source modules to reduce site labor requirements. Based on 2000 ton modules for this $500 million project for locations: Sugar Land, TX, Caracas, Venezuela.
Construction Manager, Mobil/Qatar Liquefied Natural Gas Project, Ras Laffan, Qatar, 1993 - 1998
- Lead multi-national joint venture construction of lump sum Middle East 6 million metric ton per year (MMTPA) grassroots LNG manufacturing complex, ($ 2 billion project).
- Successful startup subsequently lead to significant expansion over the next decade.
Project Engineering Manager, Clean Fuels Project, Mobil Refinery, Joliet, IL, 1990 - 1993.
- Managed scope and cost estimate development, established and managed integrated contractor-owner design and construction management team for major refinery revamp, ($350 million project).
Project Engineering Manager, Mobil Naples Refinery Revamp, Rome, Italy, 1989 - 1990
Lead Project Engineer, Mobil and Pertamina Arun, 1986 -1989
- Development of revamp in this liquefied natural gas expansion project scope through EPC contracting to startup of LPG fractionation and turbo-expander refrigeration facilities in Yokohama, Japan, Jakarta, North Sumatra, and Indonesia.
Project Manager, Mobil Statfjord Joint Venture Gas Transport Project, Norway, 1981-1985
- Recruited and lead team to develop scope, design, and cost for 1200 ton module and other pre-assembled equipment mini-modules to dehydrate and meter field gas production, and subsea connection to export pipeline.
- Installed modules on Statfjord A and B platforms using semi submersible crane vessels located in the North Sea, ($350 million project).
Project Manager, Irvine, CA, 1979 - 1981
- Conducted; Mobil coal to gasoline conversion study.
Project Engineer, Liquefied Natural Gas Project, North Sumatra, Indonesia, 1977 - 1979
- Oversaw gas field surface facilities and pipelines construction and startup, LNG plan construction and startup for Mobil Oil Indonesia and (Mobil and Pertamina Arun) joint venture.
Badger America, Cambridge, MA, Project Engineer, 1973 - 1976
- Led environmental projects development.
- M.S Civil Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA