- Concept/Positioning: Insight, benefits, RTB (Reason To Believe) optimization and claim sorts.
- Product: In home use, controlled store tests, test market pricing, color and taste tests.
- Communication: Copy testing, packaging, eye tracking and name tests.
- Category and market: Market segmentation and market structure.
- Tracking: Awareness and usage, advertising and equity.
- Panel: Syndicated and custom diaries.
- Multicultural: Hispanic custom and syndicated studies and retail program analysis.
- Retail: In store research, shopping simulation and path to purchase studies.
- Exploratory: Focus groups, in depth interviews and idea generation.
- Digital: Online listening, social media monitoring, digital media evaluation.
- Global: Managed research fielded in Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America in multiple categories.
- OTC Products
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Rx to OTC Switch Products
- Household Cleaning Products
- Health and Beauty Aids
- Women's Health
- Food and Beverage Products
- Travel and Leisure/Entertainment
- Home Furnishings
- Medical Devices
- Home Furnishings
Undisclosed Company, President, 2004 - Current
Pharmaceutical and Consumer Products Technical Support
- Design and management of qualitative and quantitative studies consumer and HCPs (Health Care Professionals).
- Analysis of findings and report and presentation preparation for syndicated and secondary data analysis.
- Review of research studies to develop lessons learned
- Work with suppliers on questionnaire development and testing, data setup and analysis.
Johnson & Johnson, Ft. Washington, PA, Associate Director Market Research, 2001 - 2004
- Provided insights on copy testing, resulting in better early evaluation of copy and stronger final copy scores, improvements in media plans and a new way to test Hispanic copy.
- Initiated analysis of analgesic category to help the Tylenol franchise determine targeting opportunities with their range of products-targeting changed for two products within the franchise.
- Developed new positioning and strategy for Imodium and determined volume opportunity.
- Initiated and recommended a segmentation study for the St Joseph brand to understand their consumer base which resulted in new positioning and strategy for the brand.
- Saved McNeil $250,000 by combining two key studies and moving them online.
- Initiated and developed new budget tracking system and electronic library for MRD dept.
- Managed a $6 million research budget.
Consumer Insights Manager - Customer Marketing, 1999 - 2001
- Responsible for all marketing research to address issues at key retail accounts and multicultural research across the Ft Washington campus.
- Initiated and developed several research tools to evaluate Hispanic and African American programs including tracking studies and syndicated sales data.
- Recommended and implemented various innovative research methodologies to address how purchase decisions are made in different OTC (Over the Counter) categories including discrete conjoint, market structure and in store purchase decision studies.
- Fielded first in store qualitative research as a joint project with Target, which was used for top-to top brainstorming and development of new OTC ideas.
- Recommended first simulation shopping research to test plan-o-grams more quickly and at less cost.
Market Research Manager, 1997 - 1999
- Responsible for all marketing research activities for Pepcid AC base and line extensions. Supervised syndicated sales data and tracking data analysis.
- Initiated and executed several key studies which helped to develop a strong understanding of the Acid Relief category and consumer.
- Initiated studies to evaluate all elements of Pepcid AC line extension prior to and post launch.
- Convinced management to reinstate ongoing tracking study and worked to make it value added.
Market Research Senior Analyst, 1995 -1996
- Responsible for all aspects of research for Mylanta base and line extensions and Mylicon. Supervised syndicated sales data and tracking data analysis.
- Quickly demonstrated intuitive ability in marketing research and business maturity to gain promotion to Manager in less than a year.
- Successfully managed transition from Nielsen to IRI syndicated sales data.
A.C. Nielsen, Cherry Hill, NJ, Corporate Account Manager, 1992 - 1994
- Responsible for J&J -Merck portion of account with management of all service and consulting on Nielsen analysis for sales and panel data, interfacing with client to address key business issues.
- Continually received excellent ratings from client for knowledge of their business, analysis and service level.
- Hired by client into their market research department.
- Wrote and presented analyses to identify key business issues and provide recommendations.
- Trained Nielsen staff and client personnel on software, advanced applications and terminology.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- UDSD Educational Advisory Committee, Board of Directors for Ambler, PA running club; Univ. of Virginia Alumni Admissions Volunteer
- Received Standards of Leadership Award for developing recommendation and getting approval from management for Multicultural initiatives.
- M.B.A. J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management Northwestern University, Evanston, IL. Majors: Marketing, Finance and Health Care
- B.A. Psychology - History, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA