Pharmaceutical Planning, Portfolio, Technical Bio-Analysis and Licensing Consultant
Technical Consultant #2226
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology business development and new product planning.
- In and Out licensing and strategic partnering.
- Commercial analysis and forecasting.
- Pharmaceutical life cycle management.
- Start-up of Pharmaceuticals, business building in proprietary, generic, and OTC pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, providing modeling and commercial assessments.
Undisclosed Company, Chief Consultant, 2014 - Present
- Prepared for pharmaceutical start-up forecast models and commercial assessments for a wide range of potential indications.
- Placed clinical trial bio specimens with two companies for biomarker developments.
- Developed for emerging biotechnology company: investor and sales presentations, business plan, product brochure, booth design, application briefs and press release for a new product launch.
SPI Pharma, Wilmington, DE, New Product Development and Project Management, 2012 - 2014
- Developed Business Plans, introduced project evaluation and planning methods.
- Managed projects and products, identified and evaluated new opportunities.
Salutria Pharmaceuticals, (Atherogenics, Inc.), Alpharetta, GA, 2004 - 2010
Senior Director Business Development
- Spearheaded new product planning, forecasting, financial analysis, portfolio augmentation, biomarker development, and supply chain creation; helped plan and edit clinical protocols.
- Held multiple business development roles in an emerging pharmaceutical company.
- Completed with team members a $1billion deal with a major global pharmaceutical company.
- Searched, found, justified, and took to term sheets and contracts several multi-national cardiovascular and metabolic disease in-licensing opportunities
aaiPharma, Senior Director Business Development, 2002 - 2004
- Held broad business development responsibilities in a contract research organization transitioning to an integrated pharmaceutical company.
- Generated product life cycle analyses for internal & external clients using drug delivery technologies, physical chemistry techniques, regulatory alternatives, and exclusivity strategies.
- Played key role in new product planning for a Japanese joint venture conducting NCE development.
DuPont Merck Pharmaceuticals, 1985 - 2002
Senior Director Business Development and Strategic Planning
- Responsible for global cardiovascular new product planning, licensing, and portfolio management.
- Implemented innovative market development plan for a new antithrombotic drug.
- Improved business intelligence and commercial support for research and development to ensure competitiveness.
- Led negotiations and managed due diligence for major late-stage compound; also negotiated favorable terms while surmounting cultural barriers, complex CMC, and exclusivity issues.
- Developed opportunity identification process and analyzed over 100 in-licensing candidates.
Director Product Planning
- Key member of the Sustiva commercialization team responsible for the "best ever" HIV/AIDS drug launch.
- Motivated team to improve forecasts using novel techniques: forecast came within a few percent of actual sales.
- Analyzed pricing to find an optimal price that maximized sales without alienating customers.
- Organized and built confidence in competent but inexperienced Launch Logistics Team.
- Met urgent need for lifesaving drug by shipping largest dollar value in shortest time, by far, of any previous HIV drug - earned corporate and department Marketing Excellence Awards.
Endo Labs, LLC, Director Global Business Development
- Responsible for strategic planning and new product generation for generic drug subsidiary.
- Created Endo strategic plan: Basis for successful spinout of publicly-traded company with current market cap over $4 billion.
- Identified opportunity and negotiated co-development agreement for major pain management product - Opana ER (oxymorphone HCl).
- Invented and co-wrote patent, claiming a Product Life Cycle Management Invention.
- Structured and negotiated agreements, expanded product line, developed essential customer relationships, and increased revenues - earned DuPont Pharmaceuticals' Summit Award.
Associate Director Business Development
- Responsible for planning, licensing and business development.
- Co-wrote business plan, structured, and negotiated international generic drug joint venture.
- Structured, wrote, and negotiated supply, distribution, and joint development agreements with U.S. and foreign companies that helped establish generic drug business.
Associate Director New Product Planning
- Managed portfolio evaluation process and created new product plans.
- Created "JiffeVal", an artificial intelligence financial analysis Excel spreadsheet to facilitate financial analyses of pipeline products and in-licensing candidates.
- Wrote new product plan convincing management to develop the first angiotensin receptor blocker - accurately forecast Cozaar/Hyzaar worldwide sales peak at $2.5 billion.
Senior Business Analyst
- Provided financial analysis and deal-structuring services to medical products licensing group.
- Developed novel epidemiology model to estimate market potential for early HIV/AIDS drug.
DuPont, Pigments, Chemicals, and Agricultural Products Departments, 1974 - 1985
Positions Held (of increasing complexity and responsibility)
- Business Analyst: Analyzed capital projects and contracts.
- Distribution Manager: Managed sales order center distribution group.
- Production Supervisor: Supervised pigments manufacturing crew.
- Technical Services Chemist: Handled customer complaints and new product development.
Honors & Publications
- DuPont Corporate Marketing Excellence Award
- DuPont Medical Products Department Summit Award
- U.S. - Manufacturing Paroxetine
- U.S. - Treating Retinal Diseases
- M.B.A. University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- M.B.A. Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- B.A. Chemistry, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA