Consultant for the Production of High Quality Metals
Technical Consultant #2225
- Production of high quality metals.
- Electroslag remelting (ESR) technology.
- Steel making technology and steel alloys.
- Theory of metallurgical processes.
- Production of titanium and titanium alloys with ESR.
Independent Consultant, Present
Timken Latrobe Steel, Latrobe, PA , Principal Research Engineer, 1998 - 2001
- Introduced new variants of de-oxidation and modification of the steel in the AOD and in the ladle.
- Developed and introduced new practice of electroslag remelting with low-level hydrogen and oxides in ESR metal.
GE Corporate Research & Development, Schenectady, NY, Consultant, 1997 - 1998
- Developed new ESR Technology with using high activity slags for removing nonmetallic inclusions including titanium nitrides.
- Consulted electroslag part of new process - ESR Spray Forming.
Donetsk Technical University, Donetsk, Ukraine, EST Laboratory, 1971 - 1996
Scientific Leader, 1992 - 1996
- Senior Lecturer of Metallurgy Department.
- Invented, developed and introduction a refining of titanium and titanium alloys with ESR.
- High quality titanium and titanium alloys are used in physical instrument making, surfacing of electronic parts and instruments and in a special alloys production.
- Invented, developed and introduced alloying metals with rare earth from slag during ESR.
Manager, ESR Laboratory, 1979 - 1992
- Invented and developed ESR with high activity slags.
- Proposed ESR in chamber with very low level of partial pressure of oxygen.
- Produced high quality ingots of the different metals: Zirconium, chromium, copper; vanadium and their alloys, alloys based of iron and nickel.
- Produced high nitrogen steel with alloying by nitrogen from atmosphere in chamber of pressurized EST furnace.
- Invented, developed and introduced method of hydrogen reducing and nitrogen increasing in metal during ESR.
- Invented and introduced in industry, the low-alloy, fine grain, cold resistance weld steel for critical structure.
Metallurgist,1971 - 1979
- Developed a technology of alloying metals during EST with electrodes-satellites and with powder.
Honors & Publications
- 108 Inventor's Certificates and Patents
- More than 80 published articles.
- Ph.D. Metallurgy, Paton Electro welding Institute, Kiev, Ukraine
- M.S. Metallurgy, Donetsk Technical University, Donetsk, Ukraine