- Thirty years ExxonMobil Research and Engineering Company technical specialist, with experience resolving numerous plant noise and flare problems for worldwide refining, chemical, and production facilities.
- Mechanical engineering specific to; noise control, engineering acoustics, and flares.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Technical Advisor, Present
- Providing worldwide consulting for the refinery, chemical, and production facilities industries.
ExxonMobile Research and Engineering Company, Technical Specialist
- Resolved plant noise problems for various refining, chemical, and production facilities at ExxonMobil and other oil companies.
- Compressors, gas turbines, fired heaters, flares, and cooling towers were identified and qualified using state-of-the-art noise measurement instruments.
- Consulted with plant engineers on maintenance and safety issues to specify and design low-cost noise control devices.
- Applied computer modeling in conjunction with surveys to identify the dominant noise sources and solve community noise issues.
FCC and Flue Gas Line Noise and Vibration Problems
- Measured piping acoustic data to assess the potential for failures of the flue gas lines and developed mitigation options.
- Used data to set a suitable pressure drop across the slide valves.
- Measured narrow-band noise spectra for waste heat boiler vibration and FCC reactor noise to identify problems and develop corrective actions.
- Involved in numerous trouble shooting activities for flare-related problems such as community noise and flare combustion efficiency.
- As a part of capital project teams, assisted in selecting suitable flare tips. In addition, member of an EPA-sponsored task force that researched flare combustion over a five-year.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of a task force for EPA - sponsored five flare combustion research program
- Committee member working for ASHRAE, ISA
- Published ten technical papers in engineering noise control
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering