- Petrochemical plant process design, analysis, troubleshooting, design audit, and mechanical integrity evaluation.
- Leading risk-based reviews and failure analysis.
- Risk-based technologies to test high pressure equipment and optimize inspection and maintenance decisions.
- Completing risked-based assessments, fitness for service codes and standards.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Mechanical Engineer, Present
- Completed a risk-informed inspection and maintenance planning for residuum facilities including a delayed coker.
- Identified a savings of $700k and reducing turnaround time by 8 days.
- Developed risk-based decision-making tools as Exxon Research and Engineering Company Pressure Equipment Specialist that are used company-wide.
- Led multidisciplinary teams in conducting numerous risk based reviews of turnaround work lists.
- Maintained Exxon Fitness for Service Guide.
- Published Exxon Piping Maintenance Guide.
- Developed tools for the statistical analysis of Nondestructive Examination (NDE) data.
- Conducted numerous technical quality reviews and audits of engineering contractors.
- Led the specification, startup, and operation of high pressure mechanical equipment for low density polyethylene production at Exxon facilities, worldwide.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Post Construction Main Committee (ASME), Vice Chair
- Member of the Subcommittee on Inspection Planning responsible for developing standards for assuring the mechanical integrity of pressure equipment
- Senior Vice President of Codes and Standards (ASME)
- Vice President of Pressure Technology Codes and Standards (ASME)
- Special Working Group on High Pressure Vessels, Section VIII, Div. 3
- Task Group on Risk Analysis for the Critical Assets Protection Initiative (ASME), Chairman
- High Pressure Systems, Fitness for Service, Subcommittee VIII (ASME)
- Pressure Vessels and High Pressure Piping, Subcommittee (ASME)
Publications and Patents
- Over twenty publications
- Two patents
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN