- Over thirty years of experience in fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer in the nuclear and petroleum industries.
- Coupled fluid-structure interaction.
- Modeling two-phase jet discharge from high energy line breaks.
- Analysis of multiphase flow.
- Heat transfer pertaining to reactor and containment technology.
Undisclosed Company, Present
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Thermal-Hydraulics Consulting Engineer
- Consulting Engineer in Thermal-Hydraulics, for GE Nuclear Energy
- Instructor of GE Advanced Engineering Programs
- ASME: Advanced Engineering (continuing education courses)
- National Research Council (NRC) Severe Accident Scaling Methodology High Burnup Fuel Panel
- ARCO Alaska fluid transient loads in pipelines
- NASA Microgravity two phase flow research peer review group
- DOE Steam Explosion Study peer review
- NRC water hammer panel
- Quad Cities dryer acoustic loads
- Palo Verdi cooling line vibration from unsteady vortex behavior at tee attachment to cooling line
- Participation on National Academy of Engineering Study on "The Safety and Security of Spent Fuel"
- Participation on "Westinghouse IRIS Phenomenon Identification and Ranking Table."
- San Jose State University: Thermosciences Instructor
- GE Nuclear Energy: Teaching Advanced Engineering Programs
- ASME: Instructor for American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- National and International Laboratories: Unsteady State Thermal-Hydraulics in Rome, Israel, Holland, Japan, India, Germany, Spain, Taiwan, and Korea
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member, National Academy of Engineering,
- ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping Division,
Committee chairman and co-chairman, Technical session developer,
- Silicon Valley Engineers Hall of Fame
- ASME Fellow
- ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping Award
- George Westinghouse Gold Medal Award - Two-phase flow and reactor accident analysis
- Alfred Noble Award - Liquid-vapor blowdown discharge through pipes
- Presented numerous invited courses, seminars, and lectures in U.S. Universities and National Laboratories, as well as internationally, on unsteady state thermal-hydraulics.
- Published in more than 50 technical journals and symposium volumes, Associate Editor of ASME and other technical Journals
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO