Petroleum Refinery Utility Systems Operations, Safety, and HAZOP Expert Expert
Technical Consultant #2175
- Thirty years of experience in process design, operations, project development, energy management, safety, and quality control for Exxon-affiliated companies.
- Specialized knowledge in planning, engineering, trouble shooting, start-up for offsite and utilities system.
- Steam generation and distribution systems
- Gas turbine based cogeneration facilities
- Cooling water systems
- Oil movements and storage
- Fuel systems
- Flare systems
- Solids handling systems
Undisclosed Company, Senior Engineering Advisor, Present
- Provide detailed engineering, trouble shooting, planning and start-ups, energy management, safety, quality control and training course development for off-site and utilities systems.
ExxonMobil Research and Engineering, (EMRE), Engineering Associate
- Planning and Design Lead for off-site and utilities systems for refining clean fuels projects in Benicia, Beaumont, Billings, and Thailand.
- Prepared and delivered training courses for offsite and utilities systems at EMRE's international-affiliate sites, including Southeast Asia.
- Led and participated in HAZOPs for both new and existing facilities.
- Project Development Leader and Technical Start-up Leader for 500 MW cogeneration facility at Beaumont.
- Refinery from initial planning through start-up.
- Designed phase cold-eyes review team leader and team member for various projects.
- Senior offsite and utilities systems world-wide troubleshooting contact.
- Participated in world-wide program rollouts and energy surveys as a member of refining's comprehensive energy management program.
- Senior off-site and utilities engineer at Benicia Refinery.
- Solids-handling Start-up Engineer for large coal liquefaction pilot plant, fluidized iron ore reduction plant, and Flexicoking Unit.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member - American Society of Mechanical Engineers - ASME
B.S. Mechanical Engineer, University of Maryland, College Park, MD