- Mechanical engineering with specialized software knowledge in finite element analysis, fitness-for-service assessments, and pressurized equipment design for the petroleum industry.
- Design and analysis of mechanical components and systems in the petrochemical and railway industries.
- Fitness-for-service assessments and design support of pressurized equipment: elastic-plastic Finite Element Analysis (FEA), transient heat transfer analysis, creep, high-and low cycle fatigue, fracture mechanics, fluid surge and piping flexibility analysis.
- Regulatory: ASME B&PV Section VIII Divisions 1 and 2 and ASME Process Piping B31.3.
Undisclosed Company, Present
- Developing methodology and software for mapping Finite Element structural models with fluid temperatures generated with Computational Fluid Dynamics simulations.
- Coordinating data collection and evaluation of performance metrics.
- Managing the ExxonMobil Research and Engineering Mechanical Engineering Section software portfolio.
- Providing engineering support for refinery unit fixed equipment routine and turnaround maintenance.
- Developing equipment strategies for refinery unit equipment; preparing engineering packages, and addressing equipment strategy action items.
- Design development specifications for grass-roots and revamped refinery equipment.
- Performing re-ratings of pressurized equipment.
- Conducting quality control of fabricator design packages
- Developing FEA methodology for evaluating storage tank floating roofs subjected to earthquake-induced liquid sloshing.
- Led FEA evaluations for railway components and systems operating under harsh mechanical conditions including,
- Conducting field tests and troubleshooting system prototypes.
- Mechanical components design for rail car-mounted track inspection systems.
- Proficient in ABAQUS/CAE, PVElite, VCESage, Autodesk Inventor, Pro/Engineer, CAESAR II, TANK, MathCAD, fe-safe, AutoCAD, PYTHON, FORTRAN, MS SharePoint, UNIX computer environments, and LINUX operating systems.
Exxon Mobile, Mechanical Engineer
- Fitness-for-service assessments and design support of pressurized equipment including elastic-plastic Finite Element Analysis, transient heat transfer analysis, creep, high-and low cycle fatigue, fracture mechanics, fluid surge and piping flexibility analysis.
Honors & Publications
- Licensed P.E. VA
- German, in an International Exchange Program - Rheinish-Westfalische Technicshe Hochschule Aachen, Aachen, Germany.
- Software: ABAQUS/CAE, PVElite, VCESage, Autodesk Inventor, Pro/Engineer, CAESAR II, TANK, MathCAD, fe-safe, AutoCAD, PYTHON, FORTRAN, MS SharePoint, UNIX computer environments, and LINUX operating systems.
- Fluent in English and Swedish; competent in German.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of API-579/ASME-FFS Joint Committee on Fitness-for-service
- Co-Author of API-579 Revision ASME-FFS Standard
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Linkoping, Linkoping, Sweden