- Over Thirty-Two years of experience in environmental and safety controls for the petroleum industry.
- Diverse environmental technologies to wastewater treatment and water pollution issues, with further integration into overall plant operations, capital projects, solid/hazardous waste management, air contaminant controls, and site remediation activities.
- Proficient in environmental communications to meet legal requirements and avoid unplanned liabilities.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Consultant, Present
- Environmental communications addressing legal requirements circumventing unplanned liabilities.
- Developed current engineering design practices for EMRE to manage waste water treatment.
- Designed and supervised the engineering of dozens of waste water facilities for Exxon and ExxonMobil oil refineries worldwide.
- Engineer to startup Exxon wastewater projects worldwide, working closely with the plant, general contractors, and equipment fabricators.
- Responsible as supervisory engineer to oversee, expedite, provide corrective action and startup Exxon wastewater projects worldwide, working closely with the plant, general contractors and equipment fabricators.
- Provided assistance in troubleshooting and debottlenecking all types and sizes of wastewater treatment equipment.
- Field support and other guidance to plant sites engaged in water pollution control issues and hazardous spill responses.
- Waste management coordinator for the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska.
- Chaired the Marketing WWT Task Force/Water Program Group and former member of American Petroleum Institute (API).
- Participating in the sponsorship and oversight of technical studies to improve large and small treatment units at petroleum facilities and commenting on government regulations.
Honors & Publications
- Licensed Professional Engineer - PE, New Jersey
- Diplomat Environmental Engineer - DEE
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Diplomat of the American Academy of Environmental Engineers
Member (Current and Previous):
- American Society of Chemical Engineers
- American Chemical Society
- Water Environment Federation
- American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists
- American Petroleum Institute (API).
- (2) patents in the areas of oil/water separation and hazardous waste reclamation.
- M.S. Environmental Engineering, University of Urbana, Champaign IL
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ