Petrochemical Refinery Equipment Metallurgy Risk Assessment Expert
Technical Consultant #2150
- Thirty-four years of experience in engineering risk assessment, equipment reliability, pipeline inspection, materials, and corrosion in the upstream and downstream petroleum, petrochemical industries.
- In-depth knowledge of API Inspection codes for pressure vessels, piping, and tankage.
- RBWS (Risk Based Work Selection) assessment trainer.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Engineering Advisor, Present
- Preforms: Engineering risk assessments, equipment reliability, pipeline inspections for the petroleum industries.
- API Inspection codes for pressure vessels, piping and tankage.
- involved in numerous RBWS reviews and has led training sessions on the RBWS process.
ExxonMobil Research and Engineering
Principal Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Reliability and Maintenance Risk Assessments
- Provided support to refining, chemicals, and exploration affiliates in risk assessment.
- Developed and implemented risk assessment work practices and software tools ("Equipment Strategies") in accordance with RCM principles and methodologies.
- Co-developed ExxonMobil's Equipment Strategy Software (PESTRA) utilized globally by ExxonMobil upstream, downstream, and chemicals affiliates.
- Made major contributions to the design of the next generation of Risk-Based Work Selection (RBWS) tools.
- Facilitated risk assessments, particularly for fixed equipment including pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks, and piping.
- Served as principal instructor and trainer for other risk assessment facilitators.
Pipeline Inspection Specialist
- Detected underground pipeline leaks.
- Conducted pipeline inspections (including intelligent pigging) and supervised repairs.
Supervisor, Inspection and Materials (Bayway Refining and Chemicals Facility)
- Managed the water treatment, heat exchanger monitoring programs.
- Coordinated chemical cleaning activities for the site.
- Developed and implemented the initial version of ExxonMobil's Inspection Data Management System (IDMS).
- Scoped, developed, and implemented the inspection and materials component of Exxon Chemicals initial Computerized Maintenance Management System (Teroman).
Honors & Publications
- Professional Engineer
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Served Chairman of ExxonMobil's Equipment Strategy Network and Exxon Chemicals Materials and Inspection Network.
- M.S. Metallurgy, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ
- B.S. Materials Science, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN