- Refining and chemical plant processes, including the design, expansion, and troubleshooting of phase separation and extraction process equipment.
- Extensive knowledge in oil spill response and cleanup technology.
- Liquid to liquid extraction technology, developing and applying new extractor tray designs for lubes treating, aromatics recovery and deasphalting towers.
- Significant throughput and performance gains were achieved and applied world-wide.
- Chemical treatment and response options for oil spills.
- Process technology involving a range of liquid-solids separation equipment for unique applications; fibrous-contaminant filtration from LNG, and fines removal from coal liquids using centrifuges.
- Processes and separation equipment regarding emulsion, foam and oily fines and solids problems.
- Evaluation use of magnetic treatment devices to alleviate scaling and plugging phenomena in process equipment handling aqueous and hydrocarbon systems.
- Environmental issues related to solid and liquid waste management and clean-up technology.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Engineering Advisor, Present
- Design and performance of separation processes and equipment.
- Developed and gas-liquid, liquid-liquid, and liquid-liquid-gas equipment for a wide range of hydrocarbon streams.
- Developed sand coalesce, filter and salt drier technology to increase capacity and efficiency of water removal from hazy distillate.
- Provided extensive consulting on processes and separation equipment for emulsion, foam, and oily fines and solids issues.
- Developed and applied extractor tray designs for lubes treating, aromatics recovery and deasphalting towers to achieve significant throughput and performance gains and became a global industry standard in liquid-liquid extraction technology.
- Evaluated use of magnetic treatment devices to alleviate scaling and plugging phenomena.
- Expert knowledge in chemical treatment and response options for oil spills, solid and liquid waste management, and clean-up technology.
- Tested the application of a new chemical cleaner on-site at Valdez oil spill, as well as at various refinery and transportation locations.
- Developed new oil spill dispersant used globally within the petroleum industry.
- Worked with U.S. and foreign government authorities on response plan technology, applications, and approvals.
Honors & Publications
- Awarded Thomas A. Edison Inventors Award
- New Jersey Inventor of the Year Award
- Developed 18 U.S. patents
- Sc.D. Chemical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ
- M.S. Chemical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ
- B.S. Mechanical Engineer, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ