- Thirty-six years of engineering and design of fired equipment services in the petrochemical industry.
- Industry Standards governing the design and purchase of fired equipment through participation with The American Petroleum Institute (API).
- Petrochemical fired equipment services: Commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, operation, and training.
- Mechanical Engineer API and ISO standards development.
- Fired equipment energy and emission reduction for the petrochemical Industry.
Independent Consultant, Present
- Development of current engineering design and implementing purchasing practices.
- Participated in the commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, operation, and training procedures for fired equipment.
- Designed and supervised the engineering design of fired heaters for petroleum refining applications including those at Mobil's delayed cokers.
- Provided engineering follow-up of fired heater projects, working closely with the General Contractors and Fabricators.
- Provided first-time commissioning services of numerous fired heaters for Exxon, domestically, and in Europe and South East Asia.
- Provided assistance in troubleshooting and debottlenecking fired equipment, as well as improving energy utilization and emissions reduction.
Honors & Publications
- Registered Professional Engineer, New Jersey
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Helped produce the current editions of Fired Equipment Standards; API 560, Fired Heaters for General Refinery Service; and API Standard 530, Calculation of Heater Tube Thickness in Petroleum Refineries
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg, VA