Petroleum Industry Mechanical Equipment Reliability Expert
Technical Consultant #2130
- Petroleum Mechanical equipment reliability: Repair, maintenance, turnaround, and inspection of process equipment.
- Pressure equipment integrity management, fixed equipment inspection, technical assurance, project engineering, maintenance, and turnaround planning and execution.
- Refinery inspection and technical assurance work processes; (inspection data collection, remaining life assessment, and development of inspection, repair or replacement strategies).
- Classify and develop inspection circuits, thickness monitoring locations, inspection of isometric drawings.
- Implementation of risk based inspection (RBI) programs.
- Refinery inspection and technical assurance work.
Undisclosed Company, Independent Contractor, Present
Motiva Enterprises, LLC, Convent, LA, Pressure Equipment Integrity Manager
- Lead in maintaining integrity of pressure equipment including pressure vessels, fired equipment, piping, and tanks.
- Manage staff of mechanical engineers, civil engineer, corrosion/materials engineers, pressure equipment inspectors, contract designers, API inspectors, and nondestructive examination technicians, with $7 million annual budget
- Direct refinery inspection and technical assurance work processes including inspection data collection, remaining life assessment, and development of inspection, repair or replacement strategies.
- Manage implementation of risk based inspection (RBI) program.
- Utilize RBI to develop inspection strategies and optimize inspection intervals for pressure vessels and storage tanks.
- Coordinate technical assurance during design, procurement, and construction of pressure equipment and piping for capital projects.
Inspection Supervisor, Reliability Engineering Department (Motiva)
- Supervise team of refinery fixed equipment inspectors and engineers.
- Manage implementation of OSHA 1910 mechanical integrity standard for fixed equipment.
- Classify and develop inspection circuits, thickness monitoring locations, inspection isometric drawings, and electronic database.
- Forecast corrosion rates, inspection intervals, and remaining life assessment of pressure equipment.
- Develop procedures for standardization of inspection practices and equipment repairs.
Star Enterprises, LLC, Convent, LA, Maintenance Area Supervisor
- Supervise the daily maintenance and troubleshooting of refinery equipment.
- Coordinate planning and execution of daily maintenance and unscheduled outages.
- Develop and manage maintenance expense budget.
- B.S. Civil Engineering, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Rapid City, SD